Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 15: Colts @ Vikings, Sat, Dec. 17, 2022, 1:00PM ET

NFLfan

2 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Yep, thanks for those stats- Vikings absolutely needed to score quick. The Colts needed to have drives longer than 3:29 in the second half even if they did not score and to maintain field position for the defense. Defenses do not respect Ryan’s ability to stretch the field and 3rd down intermediate coverages are so tight Ryan throws behind the sticks = another punt. Seems to be the recurring theme with this offense.

MN is a quick strike team. So not shocked. 

But our O went uber conservative. Mostly super short passes. When we threw intermediate and long, we did well. 

I'm tired of our O scheme in general. Way too much short passing for years.

Looking forward to a new playbook/scheme, and a new QB. 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Average is more than fine with a 33-0 lead... 

Our D gave up 36 in one half... not a problem? lol.. 

Lol we ended every drive with a punt... Not a problem? 

Matt Ryan is the MAIN issue. There are many. But he is the main offender. 

6 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Lol we ended every drive with a punt... Not a problem? 

Matt Ryan is the MAIN issue. There are many. But he is the main offender. 

Time of possession was pretty even. I listed the specifics in the post game thread. 

I'd guess a 36 pt half (D allowed), is top 10 in the history of NFL.

And doubt any of the games had similar ToP. I'd guess most, if not all, had lopsided ToP.

Like I said... Ryan was not good. But a 36 point half is the most atrocious aspect of the loss. 

If you have a different opinion, great. 

Hard to imagine the Colts Defense had:

7 sacks,

2 interceptions,

1 forced fumble recovery,

and 2 defensive/ special teams scores.

The Colts Offense:

Ran for 171 yards without Taylor.

But…..

Ryan however, passed for 170 yards and was 6-19 on third down conversions. Averaged 4.7 yards per pass attempt. 

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

There's no such.thing as conspiracy or wrong doing by humans...... We all know how honest everyone and everything is. And we all know the high integrity of the dolphins & brownies owner. 

Its all rainbows and candy canes.

Btw, how are you enjoying another colt season??

Today the Biggest collapse in.NFL History. Lol

I always hope the best for our team, but this season has been some of the worst football I’ve seen from us. 

Decided accept it for what it is and look forward to the offseason. A lot of change coming. Excited for the future. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Time of possession was pretty even. I listed the specifics in the post game thread. 

I'd guess a 36 pt half (D allowed), is top 10 in the history of NFL.

And doubt any of the games had similar ToP. I'd guess most, if not all, had lopsided ToP.

Like I said... Ryan was not good. But a 36 point half is the most atrocious aspect of the loss. 

If you have a different opinion, great. 

No coincidence the biggest melt down in super bowl history is at the hands of Matt Ryan. 

No coincidence that just a few weeks ago we had historic lows in offensive production 

No coincidence that we went from a top 10-15 offense the last 5 years to almost dead last 

No coincidence that Matt Ryan single handedly flipped out turnover differential from one year to the next 

No coincidence that Matt Ryan couldn't score in the second half. 

No coincidence that Matt Ryan can't throw past 20 yards anymore. 

Team has issues. Organization has issues. Matt Ryan is the biggest wart on the team. 

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Nah. Vikes don't deserve a tie or a win. :grumpy2: 

We came so close to a Tie game. Glad we won, that's the way this season has been. Won too many games we could've lost on another year. This year the fortune shines the Minneapolis way. At least this could make the team believe that they could still win games when they get down in playoffs.

Good performance and character in showing the fight, that's all i want to see every game. 

Defense needs to improve, but it doesn't help that they drafted 3 CB/S in first 4 rounds and they're all in IR now and has been for most of the season. Maybe, another draft and players getting healthy will do a lot better for the defense. 

I didn't like when the coach went for 4th down early in first two quarters twice or more (too early in the game for desperation, IMO) when down 0-17 that gave away easy field goal position and points. They dug even bigger hole to climb from, but in the end, they managed to do just that. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

No coincidence the biggest melt down in super bowl history is at the hands of Matt Ryan. 

No coincidence that just a few weeks ago we had historic lows in offensive production 

No coincidence that we went from a top 10-15 offense the last 5 years to almost dead last 

No coincidence that Matt Ryan single handedly flipped out turnover differential from one year to the next 

Team has issues. Organization has issues. Matt Ryan is the biggest wart on the team. 

So your saying.you.want Matt.Ryan back in '24, right???    :funny:

41 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

And whose idea was to get Matt? Jimmy was thrilled back then.

Can a player be cursed? Matt Ryan has been on the wrong side of the 2 biggest comebacks in both Superbowl & NFL history.

The 2016 season in which the Falcons blew that 25 point lead in the SB was also the same one in which I attended a game at the Georgia Dome in Atltanta against the Chargers in which the Falcons blew a 17 point halftime lead only to lose by a field goal in overtime. In that game, San Diego got a late 4th Quarter interception to set up the tying field goal, and stopped Atlanta on 4th down in overtime to set up the gamewinning one.

• Like 1

Vikings fan here... Just read through every page of this lmao, I had to know what Colts fans thought of this ridiculous game.

I think we can ALL agree on one thing, this was maybe the worst reffing crew I've ever watched in my entire life, not even an exaggeration. They completely robbed us of two touchdowns on the turnovers and that play they blew the whistle after like 1 second on Matt Ryans QB sneak was absolutely ridiculously terrible. 

I did notice one person on here saying the refs were all on our side which is nuts lol they just absolutely sucked. But this person even complained about the delay of game before the game winning field goal which cracked me up hahahaha.

I kinda feel bad for your guys coach, the announcers were talking about how he's trying to keep the job into the future and I'm pretty sure he just put the nail in his coffin where that's concerned. His clock management is absolutely awful though, how tf did we score 39 2H points???? hahaha that's so unrealistic

Anyways, good game it was fun. You guys will be good once you get a QB

• NFLfan locked this topic