Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022: Colts at Dallas Post Game Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There was no other QB out there that was going to get us over the huml. But they chose the wrong one. I would rather have seen what Wentz could do in year two then this mess.

Wentz wasn't the answer either so get over it. I was wrong about Matt Ryan, at least I can admit it. Admit you were wrong about Wentz who choked away a golden opportunity last year at 9-6. Then we can call it even. Wentz is now been replaced by Taylor in Washington, he is not even a starter anymore. Matt is just old but still is a Hall of Famer at least. Wentz flat out stinks and his career is about over and he is still young. Sam stinks too and so did Eason. We need to draft a QB, just reality and truth.

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

These WRs run awful routes and don’t get open and if they do they don’t get YAC because they can’t get separation.  More than once tonight you saw Matt yelling at guys because they didn’t run the right routes.  It’s too late in the season for that to still be happening.  

But remember. These guys have great character and can stalk block!!!

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wentz wasn't the answer either so get over it. I was wrong about Matt Ryan, at least I can admit it. Admit you were wrong about Wentz who choked away a golden opportunity last year at 9-6. Then we can call it even. Wentz is now been replaced by Taylor in Washington, he is not even a starter anymore. Matt is just old but still is a Hall of Famer at least. Wentz flat out stinks and his career is about over and he is still young. Sam stinks too and so did Eason. We need to draft a QB, just reality and truth.

That isn’t what I am saying and you know it. Just because he wasn’t the answer doesn’t mean he should of been traded.

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think so. He isn’t even getting guts in the right spots which is making it look worse.

Rivers had all day. And a great running game to make it easy. 

The OL made everything easy. 

Now we struggle to block running and passing.. 

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t get why people get some wrapped up in the character thing.  What do you think a team of bad character guys is going to win?  

That was sarcasm. Ballard historically has overvalued height, blocking, and character in his WRs, and it hasn’t really panned out.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That isn’t what I am saying and you know it. Just because he wasn’t the answer doesn’t mean he should of been traded.

Yes it does.  Just like they need to find another answer than Ryan after this season.  If someone isn’t the answer you keep trying new players until you find the answer.  You don’t just hope someone who isn’t the answer just magically becomes the answer because that won’t happen.  Neither Ryan or Wentz was the answer and the Colts need to move on from Ryan after this season just like they needed to move on from Wentz last season.  

I love Saturday for all he’s contributed to the franchise but it’s tough not to lose a little respect for his football smarts and leadership when he doesn’t pull the new play caller aside and suggest we try something different on first down other than JT up the middle. At one point, Collinsworth said we had ran on first down 70 percent of the time. Get just a little creative. Good gravy. 

You know it's gotten really bad when we are pleased that the Colts played a decent half of a football game. This team is an embarrassment as far as I'm concerned and not seeing any real spark from the new regime. We need to clean house from top to bottom, get rid of the cancer that is among this team (and there's pleanty of it) and go from there.

Can’t describe the performance of this team just totally beyond crap. Why keep leaving a turnover machine of a quarterback is beyond me. Ballard needs to be fired. We definitely need a new quarterback a new head coach a new defensive coordinator just overhaul this team, just totally embarrassing showing today. Irsay is going to have insomnia for the rest of the week. 

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yes it does.  Just like they need to find another answer than Ryan after this season.  If someone isn’t the answer you keep trying new players until you find the answer.  You don’t just hope someone who isn’t the answer just magically becomes the answer because that won’t happen.  Neither Ryan or Wentz was the answer and the Colts need to move on from Ryan after this season just like they needed to move on from Wentz last season.  

So your ok with the route and making the team worse. Gotcha. Because leave no mistake Ryan us 100 times worse then Wentz.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I want to get embarrassed. I want there to be no doubt Ballard gets fired at the end of the year and we draft a new QB.

This loss was almost entirely on one player. 

Yeah, they need a QB.  Everyone knows it.  

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t get why people get some wrapped up in the character thing.  What do you think a team of bad character guys is going to win?  

It’s only because Ballard didn’t shut up about high character guys for his first three-four years. And then he pronounced that, by golly, our locker room has sufficient character that we could bring in a free agent with a troubled background or checkered past. People have just grown tired of his nonsense. 

18 minutes ago, Knuckles79 said:

I am eating crow! Last week I thought Ryan could make every throw from a clean pocket. After today's game I have checked completely out of the Matt Ryan experiment. From throws being behind the target to even the balls being caught seemed as the receiver had to wait on the ball to get there. I hope we are in a position to draft our franchise qb because if not we are doomed

we were doomed when ballard was hired this low talent team is his mess

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

what about that qb from TCU

we could maybe get him in the 2nd rd and i like his mobility. i really want a qb that can run if needed and make the D aware of that

12 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I feel like the last two seasons Ballard and this regime has been like an airplane out of fuel slowly coasting towards the ground bracing for a crash landing. (Slow decline). And tonight a wing just blew off and the plane crashed in a fiery explosion.

GIF by joelremygif

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If we had Wentz there would be no difference so don't act like Matt Ryan deserves all the blame for this crap show. Taylor and and our O.Line has been a complete crap show this year.Not having Leonard has been a huge blow too. He gave our offense last year all kinds of chances with creating turnovers. By the way I said Dallas would win 31-9 tonight so I knew we would get smoked. Matt Ryan isn't the answer but neither was Wentz. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we had Wentz there would be no difference so don't act like Matt Ryan deserves all the blame for this crap show. Taylor and and our O.Line has been a complete crap show this year.Not having Leonard has been a huge blow too. He gave our offense last year all kinds of chances with creating turnovers. By the way I said Dallas would win 31-9 tonight so I knew we would get smoked. Matt Ryan isn't the answer but neither was Wentz. 

No difference. You can’t be serious? 

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So your ok with the route and making the team worse. Gotcha. Because leave no mistake Ryan us 100 times worse then Wentz.

The biggest difference between Ryan and Wentz is the TO differential. With Wentz we were tied for first with the best turnover rate last year (at +13 I believe). With Ryan, we were tied for 2nd to last at one point in the game ( -14 I believe before more turnovers) so we may be last now. That's why Wentz is better and we had a better record.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The biggest difference between Ryan and Wentz is the TO differential. With Wentz we were tied for first with the best turnover rate last year (at +13 I believe). With Ryan, we were tied for 2nd to last at one point in the game (before more turnovers) so we may be last now. That's why Wentz is better and we had a better record.

Wentz at least stretched the field. 

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah that’s what I said…

for someone who gets so upset when you feel others twist peoples words I would think you wouldn’t do it to others.

incase you hadn’t noticed Wentz is doing so well in Washington he’s benched.  So no I don’t think this team would be any better with Wentz right now.  Like I said in my first post neither guy is the answer and the Colts need to keep trying to find new QBs until they find the answer.  You don’t do that by going well I don’t think we can do better so we will stick with this guy we know isn’t the answer.  You take a shot and hope it works and if it doesn’t you keep trying until you find the guy or you get fired because you can’t find the guy.

Archived