Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022: Colts at Dallas Post Game Thoughts

EastStreet

1 minute ago, tncoltsfan57 said:

You know it's gotten really bad when we are pleased that the Colts played a decent half of a football game. This team is an embarrassment as far as I'm concerned and not seeing any real spark from the new regime. We need to clean house from top to bottom, get rid of the cancer that is among this team (and there's pleanty of it) and go from there.

I see just the opposite.  For a team that might finish with a top 7 pick, this is actually a pretty good roster - the type of team that could turn it around relatively quickly with a QB and a few pieces.

Outside of this Ryan-driven 4th quarter debacle, they have been in about every game.  Hell, they were down 2 at the start of the 4th tonight before Ryan imploded.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t trust Irsay and and I don’t even know what good GM or head coach are going to want to come here.

i think i would go with the KC OC forget his name, but he may be good and bring some of his O coaches with him like his Oline coach and maybe wr and te's

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we had Wentz there would be no difference so don't act like Matt Ryan deserves all the blame for this crap show. Taylor and and our O.Line has been a complete crap show this year.Not having Leonard has been a huge blow too. He gave our offense last year all kinds of chances with creating turnovers. By the way I said Dallas would win 31-9 tonight so I knew we would get smoked. Matt Ryan isn't the answer but neither was Wentz. 

Agree. Ryan isn't completely to blame. That line is in shambles and the playcalling is suspect. But it doesn't completely absolve him either. I do think he's washed and needs to retire after this season. This is just a really badly put together team and it should be on all their shoulders. From the top down.

80% of the pass routes are 5 yards turn around and stop, let the defender drape all over you. Then the one play in the fourth quarter where he threw downfield a little bit it was to the slowest guy on the field(Granson) who wasn't open and got intercepted. Throw the ball up and downfield and let Pierce and Campbell go get it. Campbell is extremely fast, so why is all he does is run little 5 yard crossing routes???? Well I was 5 for 5 on my automatic losses predictions this year, really was a no brainer. I'm not even disappointed tonight, we played the media hype Cowplops even for 3 quarters and then it fell apart with turnovers. If this team is as bad as the negative nannies say it is how were we only down 2 to start the 4th qtr??

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You think Wentz would have us above .500 lmao I hope you are joking.

With a second year we might of been betterI mean we were over that last season. My main point is we downgraded. If you want to go find my list history you will see I said it was dumb at the time because there was no upgrade. 

5 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

It’s only because Ballard didn’t shut up about high character guys for his first three-four years. And then he pronounced that, by golly, our locker room has sufficient character that we could bring in a free agent with a troubled background or checkered past. People have just grown tired of his nonsense. 

Frankly I think having high character guys is a good thing.  That tends to be what wins because none high character guys tend to blow up at some point.  The problem is the Colts don’t have enough talent or good enough coaches to win right now.  Polian bragged about his high character guys too and would talk about how they took people off their board because of it but no one cared then because they won.  

i think Wentz could've eventually given us Tannehil-like results, if we were willing to run it for 4-5 years.  They wanted a superbowl contender, right now, and wanted to go "All-In". 

The whole thing is just weird. 

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

What an argument...

Who is worse... Ryan or Wentz?

Doubt any QB would play well behind our OL... 

Heck, Brady is struggling with a decent OL. 

Green Bay has a top 5 OL, and struggling... 

Put Brady or Rodgers behind our OL... still a comedy. 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Frankly I think having high character guys is a good thing.  That tends to be what wins because none high character guys tend to blow up at some point.  The problem is the Colts don’t have enough talent or good enough coaches to win right now.  Polian bragged about his high character guys too and would talk about how they took people off their board because of it but no one cared then because they won.  

I see no discernable difference between high character guys and normal character as long as they aren't breaking the law. The only ones I'm against are the bad character players who are at risk of breaking the law, or getting suspended and missing games.

Just now, King Colt said:

After the Texans loss to Cleveland I posted it was the worst effort I have seen since the New Orleans "Saints" and the first year Tampay Bucs. I now take that back. The Colts giving up 54 points and 33 points in the fourth quarter is now king of ineptitude.

No heart, pride or fight whatsoever.

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

I think Russell Wilson is in the wrong scheme. 

He's in a similar situation, poor HC right now, bad O-Line, but a great defense and struggling to do anything. Only difference is Denver sold the farm and have him for 5 years without being able to get rid of him. I think Russell is just cooked at this point. Like with Matt Ryan, all they can do is get a better O-Line. We have to do the same.

33 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Start Matt Ryan the whole rest of the way no matter how rotten it stays....

...I definitely don’t want a Matt Ryan cloud hanging over any of that. 

Seems contradictory to me. Aren't you saying you want to see Saturday evaluated without Matt Ryan on the field? Or did I misunderstand?

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I see no discernable difference between high character guys and normal character as long as they aren't breaking the law. The only ones I'm against are the bad character players who are at risk of breaking the law, or getting suspended and missing games.

For the most part normal character guys are considered high character guys when talking about character guys.  When building a roster you pretty much divide into either high character guys or low character guys.  There isn’t really any other catagory.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

For the most part normal character guys are considered high character guys when talking about character guys.  When building a roster you pretty much divide into either high character guys or low character guys.  There isn’t really any other catagory.

Fair enough, I didn't realize that. I figured Ballard had 3 categories for them to be in. Appreciate it!

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He's in a similar situation, poor HC right now, bad O-Line, but a great defense and struggling to do anything. Only difference is Denver sold the farm and have him for 5 years without being able to get rid of him. I think Russell is just cooked at this point. Like with Matt Ryan, all they can do is get a better O-Line. We have to do the same.

yeah i think you can also add that he still can throw the ball. Russ is still a talented QB. I don't feel the same about Ryan anymore. 

I think Russell Wilson in the right scheme can still be very productive. I do not feel the same about Ryan. 

48 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

That has to go down as the most embarrassing loss in franchise history. I’m disgusted. I don’t think I’m watching another game this season. And if Ballard is back next year, I’m not watching next year either.

There have been a lot of “most embarrassing games” since the last quarter of last season.  My god.  This team has completely fell apart.

Listen, the offense has proven that it will find a way to lose, whether through sheer incompetence not being able to move the ball, or through great drives ending in turnovers. It was just another one of those games we've seen all season.

Let the team run under MR for the rest of the year. It may not be true, but the team believes he gives them the best chance to win. Unlike some, I think the core of this team, especially on D, is pretty good to elite. I can't see how Ryan doesn't want to simply retire after this season though, and then the Colts can finally make the move for the right QB in the draft. I doubt Irsay fires Ballard, but Ballard has to finally face his biggest fear: Evaluating a QB lol

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

yeah i think you can also add that he still can throw the ball. Russ is still a talented QB. I don't feel the same about Ryan anymore. 

I think Russell Wilson in the right scheme can still be very productive. I do not feel the same about Ryan. 

I agree. Hackett is a horrible HC and they really don't know how to utilize him. 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s short football character not whether you are a goodie off the field. Those are two different types of character.

Yep. Sometimes the nicest guys have no clue how to play football at the highest level. Likewise, you can be a jerk, and be supremely talented in the NFL. There's a balancing act in drafting them. I think Ballard was too extreme toward one side.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I'd disagree. 

There is likely

High 

Unknown - nothing bad confirmed, but whispers, perhaps like work ethic.. 

Questionable actions, but worth a small risk

Low

I'll say one thing. The Cowboys did not impress me.. It looked liked they could lose this game up until about 4th qtr.. Colts did play hard and gave them all they could handle for a lot of the game. I wanted colts to lose for the better picks AND i was more than concerned for too long of the game. I doubt Dallas going too far in playoffs as usual....But C.D. Lamb was impressive, he's Elite. Along with a QB, we need a WR like Lamb.

3 minutes ago, presto123 said:

At least Ryan is smart enough to get vaccinated. SMH Wentz showed total lack of leadership. He knew it would hurt the team badly if he caught the virus and low and behold..... A big part of the reason Irsay was done with him. Good riddance!

Not going to touch the vaccine thing because that’s divisive topic that I think will take away from your overall point which is correct.  While Wentz might have had more physical skills than Ryan he doesn’t have the leadership skills required to be a successful QB in this league and I think that’s why you see coaches get so frustrated with him and move on.  He’s gifted to be a star QB he’s just not a leader.  That’s why the Colts had to pull the plug on him.

Now with Ryan you got a guy whose leadership skills are unquestionable.  The problem is three fold with him IMO.  1.  He’s aged more physically than originally thought.  2.  The pass protection doesn’t hold up enough for him.  3.  The offense was never tailored to him.  Collinsworth pointed out tonight how much better Ryan is under center and how that’s what he’s been his whole career and now they are asking him to play out of shotgun.  They pretty much just said hey we are going to run the same playbook we did with Wentz and have you just be Wentz rather than tailoring it to him.  

The more I look at this team the more I see just how badly they are and were coached.  I know this will come off as 20/20 hindsight but I remember during the off-season having my eyebrows raised by how many first time coaches and former players they were bringing in.  I talked myself into ignoring it but I really think this coaching staff is bad. 

That’s not to let Ryan off the hook as he’s much closer to the end than anyone thought.  

Hear me out. Colts are not that far away. qb is our main problem period.Matt is well just terrible. no zip . i really thought being a vet he knew the game better like what to audible out of but he doesn't  have a clue. Our poor d plays well until they play the game for 3quarters . Way too long on the field. Franks offense is way too predictable . I can call the plays before they happen. We need to clean out the coaching staff besides a couple and get some new offense in here. Give Ballard one more year under a new coach. I am telling u guys and gals a top ten Qb and we are a different team . 

3 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Listen, the offense has proven that it will find a way to lose, whether through sheer incompetence not being able to move the ball, or through great drives ending in turnovers. It was just another one of those games we've seen all season.

Let the team run under MR for the rest of the year. It may not be true, but the team believes he gives them the best chance to win. Unlike some, I think the core of this team, especially on D, is pretty good to elite. I can't see how Ryan doesn't want to simply retire after this season though, and then the Colts can finally make the move for the right QB in the draft. I doubt Irsay fires Ballard, but Ballard has to finally face his biggest fear: Evaluating a QB lol

Even if he doesn’t retire that should not stop them getting a QB.

12 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Oh, I agree that you’d rather have high character guys. My point I guess was that it’s just another thing that Ballard prattles on about endlessly and there’s zero evidence all his supposed emphasis on it has had any effect. 

2 minutes ago, bleed blue4life said:

Hear me out. Colts are not that far away. qb is our main problem period.Matt is well just terrible. no zip . i really thought being a vet he knew the game better like what to audible out of but he doesn't  have a clue. Our poor d plays well until they play the game for 3quarters . Way too long on the field. Franks offense is way too predictable . I can call the plays before they happen. We need to clean out the coaching staff besides a couple and get some new offense in here. Give Ballard one more year under a new coach. I am telling u guys and gals a top ten Qb and we are a different team . 

Your not finding a good coach with a lame duck GM.

Just now, ShuteAt168 said:

Oh, I agree that you’d rather have high character guys. My point I guess was that it’s just another thing that Ballard prattles on about endlessly and there’s zero evidence all his supposed emphasis on it has had any effect. 

Yeah but Polian would do the samething and no one cared.  What’s the difference?  Polian was winning.  That’s what I think the real issue/thing that’s really frustrating people, not so much that they have roster of high character guys.

3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I'll say one thing. The Cowboys did not impress me.. It looked liked they could lose this game up until about 4th qtr.. Colts did play hard and gave them all they could handle for a lot of the game. I wanted colts to lose for the better picks AND i was more than concerned for too long of the game. I doubt Dallas going too far in playoffs as usual....But C.D. Lamb was impressive, he's Elite. Along with a QB, we need a WR like Lamb.

we need playmakers asap

Archived