Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 11: Eagles @ Colts, Nov. 20, 2022, 1:00PM ET

NFLfan

Just now, chickenMan said:

I was referring more to the pass, but yeah they have done well on the run. Tough to run the ball after giving up a sack on first down though. I still think they’ll continue to improve

Philly's DL is very good. So it's fair to say the OL is doing well in general. 

1 minute ago, strt182 said:

How come its always how bad the Colts are and not ever the other team making a play? just curious. 

well when we are 11 weeks in and the offense has been bad all year i doubt its every single defense we play making a play .    we have a super bowl defense and a offensive line that cant pass block

• Like 4

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Absolutely zero chance a 40 year old Flacco starts unless Richardson is too hurt to go.  Top 5 pick, 22 year old QB who needs reps more than any player in the league vs a 40 year old that has zero chance of being in our plans beyond this year The people that want Flacco to start are way too short sighted of what the Colts are trying to accomplish here. They really don't care about this season if it means that by WEEK 17 they are sure Anthony is the guy and he has improved substantially.    What I don't think they anticipated is the fact that Anthony could be injury prone and has a low pain threshold.  I don't think he is the unluckiest QB to ever play.  But I do think he is one of the youngest.  Practically nobody on the planet (Even at 6'5 255) is mature enough to take  NFL physical punishment at the age of 21 years old IF AT ALL. Only time in the league will prove that.  I don't think he had any benefit in the offseason to prepare his body for this type of punishment- I think his offseason work was mainly to rehab his shoulder and his throwing mechanics.  Perhaps jacking AR up even more than he naturally is might be the play here?  Or the opposite- focus on pliability and durability ALA Brady in his late career. Either way, we will need to spend next offseason addressing this somehow to rule out weather or not its durability.  In the meantime, our QB is going to have to learn and learn quick to suck it up and grind through the bumps and bruises.  Given his career choice, he signed on for 15 year of it. Given his size, he should be able to handle it.  Given his game experience- it was an absolute coin flip weather he could handle it.
    • Never did I suggest that AR wasn’t the starter.  AR has looked got at times  but his type of play is hazardous to himself.  Till he stays on the field, Flacco is the guy. 
    • AR said he couldn't run or plant the way he wanted to.   Shane didn't put him back in because he was hurt
    • Find a hobby. Listen to the game instead of watching it while you do that hobby, or home maintenance. I’ve been really busy during this football season and am watching less games. I haven’t been able to watch a full game yet this year. Just can’t afford to waste 3+ hours on Sundays anymore. So if I can I’ll listen to the game otherwise I’ve got things to do. So my advice would be that if you find a hobby or enjoy working on things around the house, listening to the game while doing those things can be more enjoyable. 
    • Ignoring anything to do with accuracy, level of play, etc., just based on his injury history through 8 games, it's highly unlikely he will be our QB in a few years.  It's a catch 22 with him.  If you don't utilize his legs, it will be very difficult to win with him.  If you do utilize his legs, it will be very difficult to keep him on the field.  I've come to the conclusion that his size is not necessarily a benefit.  The collisions are harder.  He goes to the ground harder.  You don't see some of the gentle drops and rolls you see with Lamar Jackson.     The fact that he's also tied to a front office that might be counting their days doesn't help either.  
  • Members