Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 KC at Colts Post Game Thoughts (G3)

EastStreet

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, stitches said:

Great game by our special teams. It's weird to say ST won you a game, but they absolutely did this game. We were starging with field position advantage all game long, we started a drive on the 5 yard line via ST TO forced... the kicker actually hit all his kicks. 

Second unit with great performance - defense. I know there are moments where even they were frustrating, but keep in mind the competition. Sometimes there's nothing you can do, but for the most part I felt like the defense held up pretty well, especially in coverage ... Gilmore is still a very good player, IMO. Rodney Thomas is a gem. I hope we see him more. We still struggle to create pressure on the QB though. Ngakoue had his first sack, but I thought he was pretty poor overall... especially setting the edge. 

And since I'm in a good mood - let me say that the offense did its job in the end(with a bit of luck) and scored when they needed to. Unfortunately there aren't many positives here. IMO same old issues continue to plague this team - it's not just the OL, the whole protection scheme and the whole blocking scheme, involving RBs, WRs, TEs is having serious issues executing - from covering blitzes to blocking simple screens... Nothing in this offense comes easy. It looks like everything is labored, we struggle for every inch of field. Predictable playcalling continues. OL needs new spark. 

So predictable!

Frank pulled out all the stops.

I think he called every play in the book if you want three yards, at least 3 times.

Most importantly, Victory is Sweet!

45 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Last 5 years plus this year

Colts 42 wins + 2 trips to the playoffs

Dolphins 40 wins + 0 trips to the playoffs

Seriously man go be a dolphins fan because you arent even a Colts fan lol

You are mad when they win. Think about that.

If you honestly believe that this current Colts team is better constructed to win now, than the current Dolphins team, you are drunk.

You are not listening to me either. You only hear what you want.

I'm not mad that this team won, I'm mad that they didn't lose!! 

Losing helps aid Irsay to dump these bozos out of management positions. Winning serves no purpose here as they will never go far enough for the effort to matter but go just far enough to play themselves right out of a franchise QB chance and force us into another year with old man Ryan.

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

There are just some on here that take this a little more seriously than the rest I'm guessing. 

The Dolphins Bills game today is what GOOD football actually looks like.

These two teams over the past 5 years have gone from crap to 2 of the NFL elites. They have had same opportunities as every other NFL team including the Colts over that span. 

Are the Colts anywhere near these two as an example?

How far have the Colts improved over that 5-year span in comparison to these two?

Coaching, player acquisition, scheme... 

Go on... I'll wait. 

hmm. seems if i was so happy about one team and so upset with another team.... Well I'm sure you can put 2 and 2 together. ...  

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

If you honestly believe that this current Colts team is better constructed to win now, than the current Dolphins team, you are drunk.

Losing helps aid Irsay to dump these bozos out of management positions. Winning serves no purpose here as they will never go far enough for the effort to matter but go just far enough to play themselves right out of a franchise QB chance and force us into another year with old man Ryan.

So you are saying we need to lose and still be like the teams you admire and still not have anything to show for it? Only 1 team each year gets something to show for that year. 1 team thats all.

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I think you can say it’s a wash. Both teams made huge errors. Ryan’s two fumbles led to 14 points for KC.

Colts made the plays in crunch time to win it.  Even with that Jones penalty the Colts converted a 4th down deep in their own territory and a few more third downs on that last drive and scored the game winning TD.  Then the defense sealed it with an INT.  The Colts won an ugly game more than KC lost it.   

1 minute ago, strt182 said:

I'm kinda on the same boat as you TTSM , With as close as the stats were I'd say we won it. 

In a way colts had way more errors and mistakes then KC. KC had the missed FG but their special teams are a mess. Then the punt that was botched. That’s 13 points gifted. Colts gifted 14. So it was even.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

In a way colts had way more errors and mistakes then KC. KC had the missed FG but their special teams are a mess. Then the punt that was botched. That’s 13 points gifted. Colts gifted 14. So it was even.

I forgot about the cake FG. So there is another 3 chiefs gifted. That was the difference.

6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i miss nick   the eagles look good it all started going down hill when he left .   

Don't get to caught up in thr Eagless success. It is only 3 games into the season.  November is when  it counts . Teams that usually start of this hot usually come back down to earth.

2 hours ago, Indeee said:

Not when it comes to this team, absolutely not. Not for the past 5 years as I gave Ballard the benefit in year one. This isn't just about winning games, this is about having a GOOD team, GOOD structure, etc. GOOD football. 

Can you honestly sit there and tell me this is fun?

Watching this team over the past 5 years has been fun for you?

A couple examples.

Going through every off-season and watching premiere talent available and we have the most cap in the league and all that talent goes elsewhere because we are cheap. That's fun?

You call hearing our team leaders tell you that an aging, past his prime QB is the missing piece, when anyone who actually watches football knows this is nonsense, fun?

Dude seriously?

Should I give you more non-fun stuff?

Winning one game against the Chiefs doesn't nearly make up for this organization wasting the last 6 years, going on 7, of my Colts watching life. 

Yeah I can honestly say watching the Colts beat the Chiefs today was fun. I think you’d be better served to be a fan of the Jaguars if you love off-season spending so much. The young qb and a new coach you’ll be in hog heaven over there. And they beat the Colts so you can rag on how bad they are to all of your new Jaguar buddies.

21 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Sure thing

30 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I believe the Colts organization is much superior to the Dolphins organization in every way. 

I do not envy the Dolphins at all and I think you are way too quick to jump on the Tua train. He might very well be as good as he looks right now. But he has a lot yet to prove.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

If you’re being honest, we were as lucky as we were good.   KC was CLEARLY the better team.  Not even close.   They let us stay close and we scored at the end.  They should’ve put us away long before the last drive.  

Our OL is terrible.  We can’t pass block and now we can’t run block.   We can’t seem to pick up the blitz.  Frank still makes head scratching calls to make things even harder.   

We might win the South at 8-8-1.   And no divisional title will ever mean less.   I think I’d rather finish 10-6-1 and finish 2nd.   At least we’d have more wins to show for our work.  

We still have a loooonnng way to go to get better.  I’m very glad we won.   But if we don’t improve more, todays win won’t mean as much.   We were better, and I’m glad.   But we still have to improve a long way before my faith is restored.   

Well said. Atleast we showed some heart today. A win is a win

3 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Don't we always play the Chiefs well? Seems like we have their number like we have the packers. But we still aint beating Pitt, and now apparently Jacksonville :lol:

oh P.s. What in the world we doin with Shaq?! haha

Yeah a poster on here this week mentioned we match up well with them. Kudos to that poster.

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Impressive considering the QB line up

Raiders are terrible. Mcdaniels got taken to the woodshed by the owner of GM after the game lol.

1 minute ago, superrep1967 said:

Yes, you are correct but if the Chiefs had won they would have been lucky. It was just one of those games. Both teams had plenty of mistakes. 

Luck is only a factor if you can capitalize on it.  So those that are claim luck need to also acknowledge that the Colts took advantage of the KC mistakes.   

Matt Ryan was MEH through 3 Qtrs but the dude played like Joe Montana on that final drive, 16 play drive and the lazer to win it with 24 seconds left. He is such a leader, I give the game ball to Matt. Anytime you can beat a QB like Mahomes, that is like winning against a Tom or Peyton. They kept showing Mahomes on the sideline everytime Matt would complete a pass, Mahomes knew what was coming. Matt wound that clock down too because he has respect for Mahomes. 1-1-1 is lovely about now, let me open up another Cigar, The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

Sad for Pinter getting Bull rush like that, letting Ryan get cream by Clark of the Chiefs.  Pinter needs to back and workout some at the Gym strengthening his foot work.....Nevertheless defense step up and rookies showed their stuff, good team win. I'll admit, didn't think they had a chance, hope they keep this momentum and keep winning....

Archived