Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Game 2: Colts @Jaguars, Sun, Sept. 18, 2022, 1PM

NFLfan

Your Indianapolis Colts travel to Florida to play another division rival, the Jacksonville Jaguars. Both teams will be vying for their first win of the season. The Jags lost last week to the Washington Commanders while the Colts game against the Texans ended in a tie. The Colts cut their kicker after he  missed a FG that would have won the game. The Colts new kicker is Chase McLaughlin who will have lots of pressure on him from the fans, coaches, front office and Mr. Irsay.

Link: How to watch & listen live to this game

For a game preview: Here

Good luck and enjoy the game! 

:colts:

Jonathan Taylor Finger Guns GIF by Indianapolis Colts

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• NFLfan unlocked this topic

This game should be interesting.

All these late week players being out really changes this game. 

Clearly Taylor and Hines will need to be heavily involved. Expect some more TE production today as well.

Think Strachan goes for 80yds+ and TD today.

Since all the injuries seems like it will tighten the game up, I'm going opposite.

10pt win by Colts.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

Hoping theres a monsoon that will throw Jax off their game! We seem to be a good team in rainy weather with JT(Bills game last year). Still dont have a good feeling though! Staying away from any bets this game has to offer!

*Also the 49ers game. Go Colts!

10 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

Texans & Titans are both ten point road dogs this week

Time for the Colts to end this silly streak and take command of the South

Both of those teams are walking into potential

buzz saws. Bills are… well they’ve got flippin Allen, Diggs and Von Miller.

Texans face an angry Broncos team that’s ready to erase that Monday Night Football performance. 

I am going to go out on a limb and say, if the Colts don’t win today vs the Jags, they will not win the division.  If this team is going to be a real contender, after last week’s disappointment vs the Texans, the Colts must bounce back and slay the Jags in Jacksonville.  With KC on line for next week, today is a MUST WIN game.

Go Colts!

• Like 2

This game will show me a lot about this team. We are going to a place we haven't won at in 7 years. Pittman and Pierce both out is comical in a sarcastic way. Next man up! This will show a lot about Frank's coaching too if we can win shorthanded. We broke 1 trend last week by not losing on opening day, now maybe we can break another by getting a win at Jacksonville. If we can start 1-0-1 we will be in good shape record wise, the injuries are concerning though. We have to stay healthy to meet that 10 to 11 win mark. If Leonard isn't back by next week then he is more injured than being let on, JMO.

Prediction: Colts win 23-20 but the Jags will give everyone an ulcer before it is over. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheShadow said:

I think todays game w/o pittman will be a pivotal for the wr group. They will gain alot of confidence if they look good and can win w/o pittman and are not near as bad as many think. But,if they play poorly as a group, unfortunately just the opposite.

Main reason why I was beating the TY drum because we were 1 injury away from our WR room being in trouble, now WR's #1 and #2 are out. A lot of people in here kept telling me, - hell no to TY. Wonder what they are thinking now. 

It's weird, but that tie is kinda like a spare in bowling in the sense that what happens after it determines how good or bad it is: 1-0-1 would feel almost like 2-0 (or at worst, 1-0 but still no loss yet) but 0-1-1 would definitely feel like 0-2, since we were damned lucky to come out of Houston with a tie and not a loss after having been down by 17 in the 3rd Quarter.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lancer1 said:

It's weird, but that tie is kinda like a spare in bowling in the sense that what happens after it determines how good or bad it is: 1-0-1 would feel almost like 2-0 (or at worst, 1-0 but still no loss yet) but 0-1-1 would definitely feel like 0-2, since we were damned lucky to come out of Houston with a tie and not a loss after having been down by 17 in the 3rd Quarter.

I agree. I think the tie will end up helping us if we take care of business against the teams we are supposed to from here and on out. Last year had we finished 9-7-1 with Pitt, we would've got in, we had the tiebreaker. 9-8 didn't cut it.

I hope somehow we blow these clowns out because I am really not in the mood for the bumbling pessimists piling on today. This a huge game and any (so-called) Colt fan that can take joy out of losing just to say I told you so seems odd for any truefan . Right or wrong, it isn't about being right, it is about rooting for your team.

• Like 3

Dog-sitting for my sister who is vacationing in Europe. Her TV has all channels except live football. Ugh. I guess I better go someplace to watch an early game. SNF is on Amazon, I think. I can watch that. 

I may follow along with you all for this game. Enjoy!

• Like 1