Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

21 minutes ago, DougDew said:

My impression is that Ryan is calmer and has more experience than Wentz in a variety of offenses, and is more adaptable to the conditions around him.  Wentz has only had Pedersen and then Frank, and is more influenced by the rest of the team.  Last year Ryan had no receivers but found a way to get rid of the ball.  By contrast, Wentz had no receivers but yet could not adapt to the conditions as well.  Wentz probably extended plays more than Ryan and that accounts for some of the time differences though.

It sounds like Ryan is influencing Marcus Brady in how the offense will be tailored, and getting together with receivers.  I don't know if Wentz ever had a particular style of football or plan of action...seemed more like he was willing to go into a game and start winging it each play.  Maybe accounts for strings of pass heavy play calling.  I think Ryan seems more cerebral and sticking to a game plan or strategy. 

Just my take on the two QBs and how they approached the game the last few years.

I actually agree with you 100% on that statement.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just google QB's release time or Matt Ryan Release time, Carson Wentz release time. The NFL determines this based on the season average.

So release time is now a measure of how good a QB is?    It’s A Measure….  But there are also many other measurements. 

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

So release time is now a measure of how good a QB is?    It’s A Measure….  But there are also many other measurements. 

Of course there are other measurements to how great a QB can be but Nickster and I were debating who gets the ball quicker, Matt or Carson, and I was saying Matt does and it would help our O.Line because of it. He was disagreeing with me. So I was pointing out factually that Matt does get the ball out quicker.

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Actually it's one of the more important measurements. It goes hand in hand with the ability to read a defense quickly.

2 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Actually it's one of the more important measurements. It goes hand in hand with the ability to read a defense quickly.

I agree, it is very important. I would rather have a guy that is accurate, gets the ball out quick and maybe can only throw it 60 yards compared to someone that can throw it 75 yards but isn't accurate.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Never know, he may be eyeing a real top notch WR??

If Olave or Williams falls past the Titans at 26, I would love for Ballard to trade this years 2nd & next years Commander’s pick to take one of the two. 

Just now, Colts1324 said:

If Olave or Williams falls past the Titans at 26, I would love for Ballard to trade this years 2nd & next years Commander’s pick to take one of the two. 

To add either of those guys would be a huge boost to our offense, eventhough they are rooks, I can see them doing well with Matt at QB.

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Maybe we will trade up lmao , just joking. I will still watch tonight. I will be interested to see if any QB's or how many QB's will go tonight.

You got your bets in for tonight?

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No bets tonight but I will say at least 2 QB's go in the 1st round, maybe 3. My over/under is 2.5. Teams just can't help it lmao .

I’m going to bet Colts take a wide receiver with first pick but still believe it might be Quarterback:goodluck:

7 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

No Olave.

The Colts history of drafting Buckeyes has been like trying to mix oil and water. 

And I'm a diehard Buckeye fan... haha

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Never know, he may be eyeing a real top notch WR??

This isn't the best year to trade up for the Colts. There aren't really any top notch QBs that will be there late round 1, and unless a top WR like Drake London or Jameson Williams falls, it's better to keep your draft picks. 

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

This isn't the best year to trade up for the Colts. There aren't really any top notch QBs that will be there late round 1, and unless a top WR like Drake London or Jameson Williams falls, it's better to keep your draft picks. 

This I agree with and I don't want us to take a QB, I want a WR.

4 minutes ago, philba101 said:

Yes, our division is not going to be a cakewalk like many here believe. The Jaguars and Texans have been very active in FA and have many draft picks to burn.

I still think for at least this year it will be a 2 team race. Having said that I can see the Jags winning 8 or 9 games. Texans are a mess.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still think for at least this year it will be a 2 team race. Having said that I can see the Jags winning 8 or 9 games. Texans are a mess.

Ideally, it should be a 2-team race between us and the Titans as you mentioned. I am not sure Houston and Jacksonville have anywhere to go but up so I expect those to be increasingly competitive games within the division.

4 minutes ago, philba101 said:

Ideally, it should be a 2-team race between us and the Titans as you mentioned. I am not sure Houston and Jacksonville have anywhere to go but up so I expect those to be increasingly competitive games within the division.

The Jags always give us trouble, we haven't won there since 2014 which is mondboggling. Texans are a ways to being good again IMO but I can see them winning 5 games or so.

Archived