Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah he did have 2 INT's against us, he picked Wentz off bigtime in that 2nd game so I agree Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Tannehill has a winning record and a 100 passer rating against the Colts in his career, including MIA. 

He’s 4-1 in TEN against us.

No excuses now for the Colts to beat them/him though.

46 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Tannehill has a winning record and a 100 passer rating against the Colts in his career, including MIA. 

He’s 4-1 in TEN against us.

No excuses now for the Colts to beat them/him though.

That is going to end this year, we had a QB last year that gave games away. Not happening with Matt so all the doubters in here need to wake up and see what is coming. Only thing that will derail is injuries. As in if Matt, Taylor, Pittman, Leonard, Nelson for example miss a long amount of time. Other than that, we got this. @Colt .45, I copied you here as well. I put my money where my mouth is, it is our time :thmup:

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is sitting up perfectly to take a WR, fixed it for you. You guys and your QB's lmao . Yeah it will be fun watching him hold a clipboard for 3 years, makes sense haha 

The signing of Gilmore says that we are thinking about the present more than the future, IMO.  I don't see a future QB being selected at 42.  I could see Carson Strong being selected at 122, if he were available then.

Seems like the media overhyped the QBs, as usual, and their shortcomings are bringing them down to earth.  I could see Strong lasting to 122, or maybe even Howell and Ridder to 73.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is sitting up perfectly to take a WR, fixed it for you. You guys and your QB's lmao . Yeah it will be fun watching him hold a clipboard for 3 years, makes sense haha 

You got it wrong. I am fine with any position, including QB. But the discussion threads will be boomin' if a QB is the pick.

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just like debating with you because we disagree on some subjects. It is all in fun, you are a great poster like @stitchesis but you guys and your QB's haha 

I guess I would wait and see if they took a QB but right now there are six starters that weren’t drafted in the first round....7 if you count SF. 

Brady

Wilson

Carr 

Cousins

Prescott

Hurts

Garropolo

Only the first three I see as franchise QBs and Brady is about to retire. Only Dak and Hurts were drafted since 2015.  Yeah we could hit pay dirt and develop one of these guys but chances are it will be a wasted pick. I feel most of these guys are 3/4 round developmental QBs that are meant to be backups. Kenny Pickett stands a chance bc he has talent and went to a great organization. Meh for the rest. 

Edit: Maybe Davis Mills and Drew Lock can be added to the list but I think they are just a temporary solution until they find someone. 

6 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I guess I would wait and see if they took a QB but right now there are six starters that weren’t drafted in the first round....7 if you count SF. 

Brady

Wilson

Carr 

Cousins

Prescott

Hurts

Garropolo

Only the first three I see as franchise QBs and Brady is about to retire. Only Dak and Hurts were drafted since 2015.  Yeah we could hit pay dirt and develop one of these guys but chances are it will be a wasted pick. I feel most of these guys are 3/4 round developmental QBs that are meant to be backups. Kenny Pickett stands a chance bc he has talent and went to a great organization. Meh for the rest. 

Edit: Maybe Davis Mills can be added to the list but I think he is just a temporary solution until they find someone. 

Steelers were QB desperate but I thought they may of took Willis instead but Pickett is a hometown kid. If we take a QB it just a bad look considering we just signed Matt Ryan. We have our future to think about but have next year to worry about that.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Steelers were QB desperate but I thought they may of took Willis instead but Pickett is a hometown kid. If we take a QB it just a bad look considering we just signed Matt Ryan. We have our future to think about but have next year to worry about that.

Pickett is the the most nfl ready.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There is no guarantee they will like any next year. If you like one tonight and they are there take them. Howell I’d almost two years younger then the rest of the QB so that could come into play.

There will either be a early run on QB or WR so we should have options.

4 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

There is no guarantee they will like any next year. If you like one tonight and they are there take them. Howell I’d almost two years younger then the rest of the QB so that could come into play.

There will either be a early run on QB or WR so we should have options.

A guy holding a clipboard for 2 years does us no good in 2022.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A guy holding a clipboard for 2 years does us no good in 2022.

Ballard can’t make the same mistake he made with rivers. When you have a 37 year old QB you have to think of the future. We still have the 3rd round and FA to get a WR. Then next year we have 3 very high picks for more offense.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

The signing of Gilmore says that we are thinking about the present more than the future, IMO.  I don't see a future QB being selected at 42.  I could see Carson Strong being selected at 122, if he were available then.

Seems like the media overhyped the QBs, as usual, and their shortcomings are bringing them down to earth.  I could see Strong lasting to 122, or maybe even Howell and Ridder to 73.

Wasn't it the media calling it the worst class of quarterbacks since 2013?     Wasn’t it the media who said no quarterback this year would’ve been taken before any of the top 5 first round guys last year.   Wasn’t it the media saying this class are a bunch of career backups 

This is lying season in the NFL.   It’s harder than it looks to know what is true and what is not.  

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Ballard can’t make the same mistake he made with rivers. When you have a 37 year old QB you have to think of the future. We still have the 3rd round and FA to get a WR. Then next year we have 3 very high picks for more offense.

Matt Ryan isn't just a band-aid, he is playing at least 2 more years, maybe even 3. We have plenty of time to draft a QB, next season makes the most sense. This isn't a Rivers situation.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Matt Ryan isn't just a band-aid, he is playing at least 2 more years, maybe even 3. We have plenty of time to draft a QB, next season makes the most sense. This isn't a Rivers situation.

Willis is a project. So he needs to sit two years. Matt coral and ridder would benefit also. The QB class next year could be just as uninteresting. So if they really believe in one of these it’s time to take one. 

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Willis is a project. So he needs to sit two years. Matt coral and ridder would benefit also. The QB class next year could be just as uninteresting. So if they really believe in one of these it’s time to take one. 

I hope we don't but that is just me, we need to worry about 2022 and getting Matt more help.

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. I have said all along if we want to take a QB then why not wait until next year when we will have a 1st-round pick assuming we don't trade it before then.  We can fill so many other needs right now with Ryan pegged as our QB for the next couple years.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope we don't but that is just me, we need to worry about 2022 and getting Matt more help.

We are never going to be in position to draft a QB high. With Ryan here now and the upgrades we have made we are going to be picking in mid 20’s at least. So we are going to have to find a way to find the future a different way. I don’t think we take a QB tonight but it won’t surprise me if we do.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

We are never going to be in position to draft a QB high. With Ryan here now and the upgrades we have made we are going to be picking in mid 20’s at least. So we are going to have to find a way to find the future a different way. I don’t think we take a QB tonight but it won’t surprise me if we do.

We have a 1st round pick next year, even if it is 25th for example that is a lot better than having a 42 in a weak QB class. 

2 minutes ago, TheNextGM said:

Skyy will probably be gone by 42.. I was WAY off with thinking some wideouts would fall.. he’d compliment Pitt nice so hopefully Colts can get him 

I disagree with this. The only teams I really see being a threat for Skyy Moore are the Texans and Bears, and there's no guarantee they even go WR. If the Bears do, Fields and Pickens actually played a year together in Georgia, so I can see the Bears drafting Pickens via Fields request. 

I think there's over a 50% chance Skyy Moore falls to 42 to the Colts tbh.

2 minutes ago, TheNextGM said:

Skyy will probably be gone by 42.. I was WAY off with thinking some wideouts would fall.. he’d compliment Pitt nice so hopefully Colts can get him 

Colts may have underestimated how many WR's would be taken if they miss on both Moore and Watson at 42.  In that case just about everybody else the Colts worked out could probably be drafted in the 3rd-round.

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Yeah, this is a case where the QBs fell quite a bit. I wouldn't mind taking a QB at 42, or trading down and taking one if you really think Howell or Ridder will be available at the 48-50 range. This is a rare opportunity to get a solid developmental QB in the 2nd round without having to trade up and pay draft capital.

If Ballard wants to do it at this point, I'm all for it.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

And what if they aren’t in position to get one next year of don’t  like any of them.

The QB class is loaded next year, that is doubtful. Do you really want us to draft a QB this year with so many other needs?? Have you seen these QB's play this past season, I have and they will be lucky to be good at best. 

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Zak Keefer said on the radio this morning if they have a second round grade on ridder and they have similiar grades on the WR or the WR are gone they will pick Ridder.

Ridder is my 2nd favorite QB in this draft. I would have no problem getting him in the 2nd round tbh. The combination of WRs and QBs being there in round 2 immensly helps out the Colts right now.

Archived