Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

He just said they will be working through it this week.

i did not hear him committ to a timeframe. i heard him say we are still working on it we will see.

to me that meant something along the lines of when a company says its under review and they know to themselves its not really going anywhere.

2 hours ago, Bravo said:

Would be happy with T.Y coming back. He can be a solid player if he’s not expected to be what he used to be.

Like you said, if only Parris could just be healthy for once our WR room would actually be solid.

I think TY could get a little rejuvenated with Reggie Wayne coming in to coach them. It’s a “big bro” kind of thing IMO. 

TY comes back & gets 40% or so of the snaps. Expect Pittman Jr & Campbell (if & when healthy) to be the top two. 

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Looks like TY will be coming back. We will have a good WR group of Campbell can just get lucky one time.

I think if it happens, it should be this week.   His agent will make/take calls to get last/best offer, then TYH decides. 

Do we want him back?   I think so.   But I think the key is price.   I suspect TY is shocked at how low the offers are.   Lower than last year.  Probably MUCH lower than last year.   He’s got to come to grips with that.   Does he really want to play for near veteran minimum plus incentives?    We will soon find out. 

42 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think if it happens, it should be this week.   His agent will make/take calls to get last/best offer, then TYH decides. 

Do we want him back?   I think so.   But I think the key is price.   I suspect TY is shocked at how low the offers are.   Lower than last year.  Probably MUCH lower than last year.   He’s got to come to grips with that.   Does he really want to play for near veteran minimum plus incentives?    We will soon find out. 

Do we really want  t.y. back. We have pittman,pierce,campbell,dulin,patmon,strachan,coutee. I guess we could cut coutee for hilton. Any one see the 19.49 200 meter by 18 year old erriyon knighton 

6 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Do we really want  t.y. back. We have pittman,pierce,campbell,dulin,patmon,strachan,coutee. I guess we could cut coutee for hilton. Any one see the 19.49 200 meter by 18 year old erriyon knighton 

People really overvalue Coutee because he had a couple of good games vs the Colts.  He’s done next to nothing in his NFL career beyond that.  I do think the Colts would like to have a vet in that locker room and Hilton, who is a team caption, would make a lot of sense in that role.

To me, bringing TY back is a no brainer.  With a new QB, I want a crafty vet in the mix.  I don't love the combination of a new QB on a new team with a cast of inexperienced receivers.  I'd rather not wait until game 8 for the passing game to find some rhythm.

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry… but missed layups wasn’t a thing at the end of the year.   It happened all season. 

Missed layups meant missed opportunities.  Wentz wouldn’t throw to a wide open receiver like Hines and others because he was trying to make the more difficult throw down the field hoping for a big gain.  Reich and Ballard wanted Wentz to make the easy completions to open receivers who could get a basic first down.  That’s why Hines’s receptions dropped by 20.  That’s why receptions to tight ends weren’t very high.  

Too many attempts at lower percentage plays trying for a home run at the expense of fewer easy plays (layups) that could’ve gotten a first down and kept drives alive. 

That’s why Ballard went out of his way at the year end press conference to say he and Frank want Hines to be much more involved in the offense.   His touches need to go back up. 

Welcome back.   Your absence has been noticed.   Hope all is well.   

Well, given he was the #2 ranked QBR for a 10 game stretch, if he missed layups were a thing, I guess that means he was hitting jump shots and slam dunking an awful lot.... 

And what??? TE receptions down this year? The totals of Doyle and MAC are almost identical. And they were actually targeted more last season. 

And another what? Hines??? Total RB targets was just slightly less than 2020. The issue with Hines is that JT's snap count and targets went up, while Hine's snap counts and targets went down. 

You're basically repeating the party line here, and ignoring the basic stats. 

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Just a thought here but with Wentz home this would be a solid backup to Ryan.

If we are making a run having a veteran backup quarterback makes a lot of sense.  Let’s see if the Colts are interested and can find a way to sign him.

3 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

East it looks like you’re the one doing the poor mental gymnastics by making excuses for Wentz & wearing rose colored glasses.  Go back and check what Wentz’ numbers were on the critical drive extending downs (3rd & 4th).  And I know there are often guys running open on plays and QB’s miss them.  I know the difference between that and a QB not reading the defense but predetermining where he’s going with the ball and locking onto that receiver for too long  and missing his wide open 2nd read or check down and then ataking a kill shot.  I can go back in at least 4-5 of our losses and pull plays that were critical and played a huge part in us losing.  

Notice how you say poor Wentz had a guy like Pascal getting #1 reps.  Poor Carson.  Pascal was Jacoby’s #1.  Yet he only threw for a couple hundred less yards in 2.5 less games played than Wentz.  Funny how all the weapons (Hines, Pascal, TY) regressed with Wentz but Rivers & Jacoby managed to make them viable weapons.  I guess the Colts brass views the situation like me and many others.  And thank goodness Washington views Wentz like you do.  And I hope he continues to do Wentz like things and plays the necessary snaps to get us that 2nd round pick.  After that, I’ll be happy to never talk about the failed Wentz experiment ever again. Good riddance. 

lol..

Let's start with some basics...

Wentz had a bottom 5 ranked pass pro OL. JB and Rivers had top 5 OLs IIRC. That alone is where you need to start....

And Pascal... lol. He's so good Ballard and Reich moved on from him, right? lol.

TY has been declining for a while now. He was injured a lot this year. And Reich hardly played him in a few games even when he was healthy. Why he didn't play vs Houston is still pretty amazing to me... That game plan was horrible. 

Anyway, I don't really care. Wentz is gone. We now have Ryan. And we'll be starting another new QB in a few years more than likely. Poor Frank.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Sam would be QB3.  They can like him there.  Nothing wrong with that.

I think they like him as QB2.  I don’t see them bringing Foles in.  Ryan doesn’t need a vet backup he is the vet to mentor the young guys even if he would get hurt.  Also, outside of with the Eagles (either time) Foles hasn’t been that good.

30 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

The Colts have the worst rated draft on NFL.com LOL. Their reasoning is largely due to the Carson Wentz trade, but Reuter even gave the Patriots a better grade after a lot of “questionable” decisions. 

I love the rankings because next year after guys get to show themselves we end up amongst the top and they call Ballard great. Yet Bill and the Patriots have had terrible drafts. Let time tell this story. 

11 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

The Colts have the worst rated draft on NFL.com LOL. Their reasoning is largely due to the Carson Wentz trade, but Reuter even gave the Patriots a better grade after a lot of “questionable” decisions. 

Now the draft is over Ballard probably had one of his best off seasons considering he traded away the QB and didn’t have a first found pick.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Now the draft is over Ballard probably had one of his best off seasons considering he traded away the QB and didn’t have a first found pick.

I hope people remember this when they panic when he doesn’t sign anyone day one of free agency next year.

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I hope people remember this when they panic when he doesn’t sign anyone day one of free agency next year.

I am not retracting anything from early on because we had a few years of Ballard sitting on his hands so it was warranted. But I am glad he stepped out of his box a little. He  had a lot of luck with getting Ryan. This could of been a disaster.

12 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Now the draft is over and Ballard made a few big moves with trades and FA I actually think he finally strengthens the roster without weakening it. That was my biggest beef in the past. He would strengthen it but then let other positions get weaker.

Definitely, I think we are much better this year than last year except for our Oline but we are still in the Offseason so there's still time to address that

Secondary and Dline improved for sure!

15 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

I think TY could get a little rejuvenated with Reggie Wayne coming in to coach them. It’s a “big bro” kind of thing IMO. 

TY comes back & gets 40% or so of the snaps. Expect Pittman Jr & Campbell (if & when healthy) to be the top two. 

No expect Pittman  and pierce to be top two.

6 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

What can TY provide that we are lacking?
  To attack bewtwwen the hash marks we now have Woods, Granson, Campbell, Hines, Mo.  Please NOOOO ty. 

Depth fir when Campbell goes down 

33 minutes ago, Stephen said:

No expect Pittman  and pierce to be top two.

Eventually yes. But, I doubt Pierce is going to be a No. 2 receiver the first half of the season. I imagine as the season goes on, his snaps will start to ramp up 

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

Eventually yes. But, I doubt Pierce is going to be a No. 2 receiver the first half of the season. I imagine as the season goes on, his snaps will start to ramp up 

Pierce will be number 2 right away he's that good. Campbell  is the 3 if he can stay heathy

7 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Hope they are able to sign TY at a low base, and highly incentivized contract in the event Pierce is not ready to assume the starting role Day 1.

No thank you.  I’d rather sign Landry and give him the same money TY signed for last   year.  He would be a difference maker with Ryan as his quarterback.  We all know he is not going to get what he wants at this stage of FA.   TY should not be our first choice.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

No thank you.  I’d rather sign Landry and give him the same money TY signed for last   year.  He would be a difference maker with Ryan as his quarterback.  We all know he is not going to get what he wants at this stage of FA.   TY should not be our first choice.

I agree with you. I just do not see Ballard paying what Landry will ultimately want even at a reduced price. I would be happy to eat my words. Ballard just has not shown to place value on the WR position that other teams do. Either way, this team needs another veteran receiver ready to go on opening day.

12 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

NFL.com has been infiltrated by some maroons.  What did they say about giving a 3 for Matt Ryan?  Was that draft pick graded an A?  By all accounts we made out big there.   We didn't trade our number 1 for nothing, the total deal brought us Matt Ryan.

They seem to be looking at only one half of the total transaction.

21 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Landry will cost more then what TY got last year.

28 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Something that is different this year then last couple of years is these rookies will have a entire offseason including OTA to work.  I expect him to be the 2 right away.

35 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Most people would prefer Landry, but Ballard & Reich are all about letting guys develop. Signing TY will still allow our guys to get snaps as he won’t be calling for 80%+ of snaps. Landry would have to be on the field the entire time 

12 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Landry will cost more then what TY got last year.

So be it.  I would rather pay him than what we will wind up paying TY.  Comparing apples and oranges right now for those two.   It's all about return on investment.  If we are serious about making a run this year the choice is clear.  Ballard and Reich need to win and make the playoffs this year.  Getting sentimental on TY was okay last year.  Not a year later a year older and under our current circumstances.  I would hope we can do better than TY when it comes to adding a veteran WR. 

56 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Hope they are able to sign TY at a low base, and highly incentivized contract in the event Pierce is not ready to assume the starting role Day 1.

Right now, in April, Pierce is better than anything we had playing opposite Pittman last year, IMO.  Start him day one and let him learn on the job.

PC stays at slot unless AP is an absolute bust early on.

I'd like to have TY back, but I don't know if there is room for him on the roster.

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Right now, in April, Pierce is better than anything we had playing opposite Pittman last year, IMO.  Start him day one and let him learn on the job.

PC stays at slot unless AP is an absolute bust early on.

I'd like to have TY back, but I don't know if there is room for him on the roster.

Yes, and hopefully, Reggie can work his magic with a rookie WR. Rookie WR's seem to always take a couple of years to develop with the jump to the NFL. I would feel a lot better if Ballard signed another Vet WR to the roster.

Archived