Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

1 hour ago, Nevbot said:

Call me reckless, but I would like to believe that if Matt Ryan were to miss some time, we may be better off trotting out Sam over paying for an expensive backup that isn't likely to play anyway.  The scenario of playing Sam would be much better for our future franchise then trying to find lightning in a bottle with Nick Foles after he did it once 6 years ago.

We need to see Sam in game action to even validify him as our backup.  If he isn't that guy, he likely loses some games for us in a season where we need to accumulate the most 2023 draft capital as humanly possible.  
If Ryan were to go down with a season ending injury, at this point in his career I would say it crushes any Superbowl aspirations for likely the rest of his career.  Tanking the rest of the season in that scenario may be the only option to securing one of the QBs in this upcoming draft.

Just my 2 cents

Ryan never misses games but lets say a he goes down with a season ending injury and we play Sam, at that point we would end up with a high draft pick so it would work out in 2023.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

He did towards the end of the year when they finally got their chemistry down.

Would you be happy if your job said here’s your replacement train him please?

Not the point, being a good teammate is important. He doesn't have to mentor him, not his job so that wasn't my problem with the interview. Just watch his body language in the video. He looks perplexed that they drafted Willis. 

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not the point, being a good teammate is important. He doesn't have to mentor him, not his job so that wasn't my problem with the interview. Just watch his body language in the video. He looks perplexed that they drafted Willis. 

RG3 just nailed it. He said it is not Tannehill's job to mentor Willis but it is about being a great teammate and a leader being the QB of the team. He called Tannehill's interview disastrous. I love it, the tide is about to turn in the South our way.

47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I responded to exactly what he said.  Just because I took something different away from you doesn’t mean I missed the point.

41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ryan never misses games but lets say a he goes down with a season ending injury and we play Sam, at that point we would end up with a high draft pick so it would work out in 2023.

If I’m Irsay and we don’t make the playoffs with this team because we had Sam as our backup and he wasn’t able to get us there heads would roll at the end of the season.  Risking the season with an unproven quarterback as backup with this team is a recipe for disaster and is a perfect example of roster mismanagement.  Irsay thinks Ryan could be here four years.  That could be multiple Super Bowls.   He wants pick 32 not top 10.  Counting on Sam would be a huge mistake.  A disaster waiting to happen.

I can't say I expect Tannehill to be happy about it, but it's the nature of the business.  Nobody lasts forever and it doesn't seem like he is ever going to be an elite QB.  I guess a better response is to prove it on the field so there is no question.

But as a good teammate he might want the new guy to be prepared to win some games if he gets injured.

4 minutes ago, gspdx said:

I can't say I expect Tannehill to be happy about it, but it's the nature of the business.  Nobody lasts forever and it doesn't seem like he is ever going to be an elite QB.  I guess a better response is to prove it on the field so there is no question.

But as a good teammate he might want the new guy to be prepared to win some games if he gets injured.

I am not saying what he said makes him a good teammate, it doesn’t.  I just understand where he’s coming from is all.  

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Everyone should stop the fake outrage. I agree with this.

Fell into the Twitter trap.  I saw the one post with one sentence and made an assumption about what it means.  This is really the only place I get Twitter info.  A good reason to remind me why I don't do Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/etc.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Don’t jinx it dang ! have you not been paying attention to the Colts injury luck the last 8 years?!?

18 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah, I get why he’s taking the stance he is.  It’s one thing to be a guy like Matt Ryan who is nearing the end of his career and for the team to come to you and say hey can you help train the next guy?  It’s another thing if you are in the middle of your career and the team asks that of you.  

Exactly. Tannehill is only going to be 34 this year. He revitalized his career in TEN…and has gone 30-13 as TEN’s starter. He was a PB caliber QB in 2/3 seasons.

He is absolutely right it’s not his job to mentor Willis. His job is to get TEN to the playoffs and beyond.

But I don’t even think TEN asked him that…it was a predictable question from the media.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Or Sam becomes the next brady

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am not saying what he said makes him a good teammate, it doesn’t.  I just understand where he’s coming from is all.  

It doesn’t make him a bad teammate either. He literally said that he hopes Willis can learn from him. 

And lots of QBs have said something similar.

When GB drafted Love in the 1st round in 2020, many in the media said the same thing…that it wasn’t Rodgers’ job to mentor Love.

Now it’s apparently a thing. Nothing but media-driven outrage. 

As for RG3, he hasn’t even been a starting QB since WAS. As the backup in BAL, with a similar play style, it actually was his job to mentor Lamar. That’s what he was being paid to do. 

19 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

The pressure is on Tannehill, though. He knows this season there is zero room for mistakes. Tennessee drafted Willis for a reason.

I don’t give a % what anyone says, there’s heat there. I think the draft got Tannehill perturbed. It’s not even what he said, either. It’s how he said it. I’ve seen it many times before when folks find out that someone else is being groomed for their choice spot. Tannehill’s side-eyeing everyone in the building right now.  

1 minute ago, shasta519 said:

It doesn’t make him a bad teammate either. He literally said that he hopes Willis can learn from him. 

And lots of QBs have said something similar.

When GB drafted Love in the 1st round in 2020, many in the media said the same thing…that it wasn’t Rodgers’ job to mentor Love.

Now it’s apparently a thing. Nothing but media-driven outrage. 

As for RG3, he hasn’t even been a starting QB since WAS. As the backup in BAL, with a similar play style, it actually was his job to mentor Lamar. That’s what he was being paid to do. 

Football Thumbs Up GIF by Baltimore Ravens

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

I don’t give a % what anyone says, there’s heat there. I think the draft got Tannehill perturbed. It’s not even what he said, either. It’s how he said it. I’ve seen it many times before when folks find out that someone else is being groomed for their choice spot. Tannehill’s side-eyeing everyone in the building right now.  

I agree, you could just tell by his interview. He isn't happy at all that they got rid of Brown and drafted Willis on top of it.

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Yup. He tried saving face with the rest of his comment, but anyone with half a brain knows better.

2 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Put your finger in a bucket of water, pull it out, watch how fast the rest of the water replaces the spot where your figure was. Every single one of us is replaceable for any job, any mission.  

18 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Put your finger in a bucket of water, pull it out, watch how fast the rest of the water replaces the spot where your figure was. Every single one of us is replaceable for any job, any mission.  

Yeah, anyone can be replaced. Find me someone who is appreciative of being replaced and actively wants to speed up the situation and I’ll show you a first class fool.

This was Tannehill drawing his line in the sand. If they want to replace him, he’s not going to lift a finger to help. 

43 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Yeah, anyone can be replaced. Find me someone who is appreciative of being replaced and actively wants to speed up the situation and I’ll show you a first class fool.

This was Tannehill drawing his line in the sand. If they want to replace him, he’s not going to lift a finger to help. 

Oh I don’t disagree. Im

just saying that it shouldn’t be a total shocker to him. Or anyone else

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Oh I don’t disagree. Im

just saying that it shouldn’t be a total shocker to him. Or anyone else

I do think it might be a bit of a shock to Tannehill. I don’t think there was much expectation in that building to take a higher end QB prospect like Willis. When he slid the way he did the Titans decided to be the team to take the chance. 

I mean we’ve spent the last couple months saying that Willis was going to need a couple of years behind a vet to sit and learn. He’s a great athlete, but he needs a lot of polish as a QB. Tannehill’s contract is up in…

2 years. 

They definitely lame-ducked him with the pick. Wouldn’t be surprising to see him request a trade after the season. 

48 minutes ago, aReggie7 said:

Ballard was on Colin Cowherd's podcast today. Nothing unexpected was said of course but worth listening for those interested.

Chris is always such a great interview. I loved his take on the college free agency and overall state of our society. He couldnt have said it better. 

7 hours ago, John Waylon said:

I do think it might be a bit of a shock to Tannehill. I don’t think there was much expectation in that building to take a higher end QB prospect like Willis. When he slid the way he did the Titans decided to be the team to take the chance. 

I mean we’ve spent the last couple months saying that Willis was going to need a couple of years behind a vet to sit and learn. He’s a great athlete, but he needs a lot of polish as a QB. Tannehill’s contract is up in…

2 years. 

They definitely lame-ducked him with the pick. Wouldn’t be surprising to see him request a trade after the season. 

Willis is a lot farther than 2 yrs away from grasping the NFL Offenses enough to start, if reports are true that he couldn’t grasp the Auburn U Offense, and that Liberty’s were simplified for him?

10 hours ago, csmopar said:

Hmmm so Leonard isn’t happy 

A quote taken out of text by the media as usual. Leonard wasn't happy because he was frustrated with his injury. He will be 100 percent coming into 2022. The way he plays the game proves he loves the game. I hate these kinds of quotes because it makes people think Andrew Luck.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A quote taken out of text by the media as usual. Leonard wasn't happy because he was frustrated with his injury. He will be 100 percent coming into 2022. The way he plays the game proves he loves the game. I hate these kinds of quotes because it makes people think Andrew Luck.

It wasn’t taken out of context by the media.  They quoted him saying he feel out of love with the game and in the very next sentence quoted him again explaining why and that it was off the field stuff for the most part.

in fact the guy who reported it didn’t react to it at all he just gave the quote so there is nothing of him giving any kind of context to the quote.

30 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

It wasn’t taken out of context by the media.  They quoted him saying he feel out of love with the game and in the very next sentence quoted him again explaining why and that it was off the field stuff for the most part.

in fact the guy who reported it didn’t react to it at all he just gave the quote so there is nothing of him giving any kind of context to the quote.

Most people would look at that quote and think the guy doesn't love football anymore so he may retire. People quote things like this just to stir up things. Leonard probably said something like he loves the game right after saying what was quoted but that won't be seen. Actually the last part of that tweet wasn't a quote by Leonard. Just the 1st part.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Most people would look at that quote and think the guy doesn't love football anymore so he may retire. People quote things like this just to stir up things. Leonard probably said something like he loves the game right after saying what was quoted but that won't be seen. Actually the last part of that tweet wasn't a quote by Leonard. Just the 1st part.

https://fox59.com/sports/colts/last-season-colts-darius-leonard-fell-out-of-love-for-the-game/amp/

I posted this in its own thread, but here you can see what quotes the media put out there.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That’s on the reader not the media,  the media guy gave the quote and the quote explaining it.  If people can’t read that then that’s on them.  

Taking it out of context would have included something like “is Leonard going to be Andrew Luck 2.0 after saying he feel out of love with football last year?”  

Just putting quote out there and then in the same tweet another quote explaining it is not taking something out of context.  That’s reporting what he said which is their job.  

9 minutes ago, Bravo said:

https://fox59.com/sports/colts/last-season-colts-darius-leonard-fell-out-of-love-for-the-game/amp/

I posted this in its own thread, but here you can see what quotes the media put out there.

Looks like a very well covered story where they tell the story of what he went through last year.  They didn’t just say oh he doesn’t love football anymore everyone better be worried about Andrew Luck 2.0!  They told his story and in the back half share him being in a very good mind set and excited about the season.  

33 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That’s on the reader not the media,  the media guy gave the quote and the quote explaining it.  If people can’t read that then that’s on them.  

Taking it out of context would have included something like “is Leonard going to be Andrew Luck 2.0 after saying he feel out of love with football last year?”  

Just putting quote out there and then in the same tweet another quote explaining it is not taking something out of context.  That’s reporting what he said which is their job.  

If you just read the tweet and not the story many would think Leonard isn't happy and has falling out of love with football, not hard to understand if you just read the tweet. That is why I quoted csmopar because he even posted, hmmm Leonard isn't happy. Many people would take that tweet in different ways.

Archived