Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

19 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

I guess I don't understand how this works   

Basically a program to grow the game internationally. Where every year a division is chosen and you get to bring in an international player that doesn’t count against roster requirements so you can develop them 

we targeted and got Dabo and he seems to have some traits we would oook for and could be intriguing to see how he develops. Especially since he doesn’t count against roster numbers. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have never heard of this and I thought I knew everything homer simpson bird GIF- just joking but I don't have any idea what this means haha 

I think its the same exemption we used on Daniel "Beat My Girlfriend Up" Adongo.

1 minute ago, TomDiggs said:

Basically a program to grow the game internationally. Where every year a division is chosen and you get to bring in an international player that doesn’t count against roster requirements so you can develop them 

we targeted and got Dabo and he seems to have some traits we would oook for and could be intriguing to see how he develops. Especially since he doesn’t count against roster numbers. 

Hoe long does that last?  Just one yr or indefinitely?

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have never heard of this and I thought I knew everything homer simpson bird GIF- just joking but I don't have any idea what this means haha 

Good morning football covered this, maybe yesterday.
 It started in 2017, and one division per year gets one player per team from internationally to add to their practice squad and it doesn't count, even on the 90 man.
 They go to AZ. for a 12 week program to get them prepared for the NFL game. A former NFL lineman, i recall him being a 9'er runs the program. 

I like a 200+ LB ss that ran a 4.43. 

INTL. Pathway Program

Instituted in 2017, the NFL International Player Pathway program aims to give elite international athletes the opportunity to compete at the NFL level, improve their skills, and ultimately earn a spot on an NFL roster

."Following the draft, one of the NFL’s eight divisions, to be chosen at random, will receive the international players selected from the program should they not be signed to free-agent contracts or drafted. At the conclusion of the draft, each player will be eligible for an international player practice squad exemption with his assigned team. This grants the assigned team an extra practice squad member. Under certain parameters, players can also be elevated to the active roster during the regular season.

So far, the program has helped players such as Jordan Mailata (Philadelphia Eagles/Australia), Sammis Reyes (Washington Football Team/Chile), and Jakob Johnson (New England Patriots/Germany) earn roster spots in the NFL."

18 hours ago, #12. said:

If you don't re-sign TY, IMO you're making the same mistake you made with Autry and Houston last year, and if you're counting on Campbell to play a full season, you're a fool.  We need TY's experience at the position.

I doubt our Mngmt has any regret moving on from AUTRY  or HOUSTON.
  TY was in the way last year.

Most of us have mixed feelings on TY but I would re-sign him for cheap because our WR group is rated average overall by most analysts. TY would be average at worse with Matt Ryan at QB. His good to great days are over but relying on Campbell to stay healthy is a huge risk. We will see what happens. 

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Most of us have mixed feelings on TY but I would re-sign him for cheap because our WR group is rated average overall by most analysts. TY would be average at worse with Matt Ryan at QB. His good to great days are over but relying on Campbell to stay healthy is a huge risk. We will see what happens. 

Youre saying this but did he ever look all that good with Rivers? 

When a player like TY is on the market and literally nobody wants him except the Colts that speaks something to me. Like i said i would really only bring him back for injury purposes. I wouldnt be looking to make him a serious part of the O. If the Colts really want a vet they probably should look somewhere else. Our WR room is young but most of them have been here more than one season. Should be able to work out the kinks.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Toward the end of the season he and Rivers we clicking a bit. 

Hes fallen even further since that point.

Just now, krunk said:

When a player like TY is on the market and literally nobody wants him except the Colts that speaks something to me. Like i said i would really only bring him back for injury purposes. I wouldnt be looking to make him a serious part of the O. If the Colts really want a vet they probably should look somewhere else. Our WR room is young but most of them have been here more than one season. Should be able to work out the kinks.

Good points but I don't see it hurting the team just in 2022 if we brought him back on a cheap deal. He knows the coach and the system. He would be better than anyone else we could sign unless we are thinking Landry, Landry isn't coming here IMO.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

He was wide open on a playoff clinching TD catch but the QB couldn't get him the ball. Not his fault. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar couldn't of caught that ball that Wentz threw, an easy layup to clinch and TY did his job, he was right there wide open. Maybe it was the QB last year is why TY struggled?

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He was wide open on a playoff clinching TD catch but the QB couldn't get him the ball. Not his fault. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar couldn't of caught that ball that Wentz threw, an easy layup to clinch and TY did his job, he was right there wide open. Maybe it was the QB last year is why TY struggled?

I would accept that only if i didnt know his stats from the past couple years. Injuries and low receptions.  He has a game or two where he will perk your interest but then he goes back to being blanketed. I would say Will Fuller but hes too injury prone. Ballard is good at finding guys with upside. Maybe Beckam later on but im not sure about his locker room fit.

I'd kick the tires on Jarvis Landry right now. Also, depending on Ballard's thoughts on this because I know he's talked about it in the past. He said he would take a chance on someone if the locker room and guys are all solid without any issues. With that said, maybe keep an eye on OBJ and his knee rehab for a potential mid season signing.

7 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

I'd kick the tires on Jarvis Landry right now. Also, depending on Ballard's thoughts on this because I know he's talked about it in the past. He said he would take a chance on someone if the locker room and guys are all solid without any issues. With that said, maybe keep an eye on OBJ and his knee rehab for a potential mid season signing.

I would love to have Landry and call it a day but I think he wants to go back to the Browns.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love to have Landry and call it a day but I think he wants to go back to the Browns.

I think he wants to go who will give him the most money.  There were reports about his asking price before and that’s why he hadn’t signed is no one would match that.

4 hours ago, TomDiggs said:

Colts land Marcel Dabo in the International Pathway Program.

Excited to see what he can do and that he doesn't count against rosters

Pretty athletic actually

2 hours ago, krunk said:

Who says nobody wants him?    I’d be surprised if he had zero offers, or no interest. I suppose that’s possible.    

My hunch is that the offers are a sharp fall from what he made last year and perhaps TYH has some sticker shock with such a low number.   Maybe he wonders if he wants to play at all for such a low number?  

Maybe TYH is considering waiting a while to see if there are any injuries that might create some interest?   That story is pretty common this time of year. 

Just thinking out loud….   

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Who says nobody wants him?    I’d be surprised if he had zero offers, or no interest. I suppose that’s possible.    

My hunch is that the offers are a sharp fall from what he made last year and perhaps TYH has some sticker shock with such a low number.   Maybe he wonders if he wants to play at all for such a low number?  

Maybe TYH is considering waiting a while to see if there are any injuries that might create some interest?   That story is pretty common this time of year. 

Just thinking out loud….   

Dallas was about the only thing I heard of and they passed as far as I can see. 

2 hours ago, krunk said:

I would accept that only if i didnt know his stats from the past couple years. Injuries and low receptions.  He has a game or two where he will perk your interest but then he goes back to being blanketed. 

Yeah, it is tough to say but I think we need to move on and can do better a bit later on. Some quality WRs was drafted this year so teams will cut some decent vet WRs before start. We should wait and see if there will be quality to get then.

31 minutes ago, krunk said:

Pretty athletic actually

I remember looking up info on him when we had a top-30 visit w him and thinking he was an intriguing prospect.

Then this morning I looked up to see if anyone drafted him and saw he was listed as a colt and was surprised.

Definitely a welcome surprise. 

Just read where Honey Badger signed for three years 33m.  11m average is lower than what I expected.  Hopefully Landry is starting to realize he is not going to get what he’s looking for and he decides to come to Indy.  I think he would have a great year with Ryan.  

37 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Just read where Honey Badger signed for three years 33m.  11m average is lower than what I expected.  Hopefully Landry is starting to realize he is not going to get what he’s looking for and he decides to come to Indy.  I think he would have a great year with Ryan.  

You’re assuming we’ve made an offer….  And even if we have, that the offer still holds.   It might’ve been pulled after the draft, or it might’ve been pulled the moment it was rejected.    

Im shocked at how much Mathieu was able to get.   Way more than I thought.   I don’t think that kind of money is being offered to Landry.   He needs a one year deal somewhere to try to re-establish his value. 

5 hours ago, krunk said:

Youre saying this but did he ever look all that good with Rivers? 

He did towards the end of the year when they finally got their chemistry down.

9 minutes ago, philba101 said:

He sounds excited about the pick! :Cry:

Would you be happy if your job said here’s your replacement train him please?

3 minutes ago, philba101 said:

Not at all. 

Yeah, I get why he’s taking the stance he is.  It’s one thing to be a guy like Matt Ryan who is nearing the end of his career and for the team to come to you and say hey can you help train the next guy?  It’s another thing if you are in the middle of your career and the team asks that of you.  

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hilton every time he plays the Texans.

Dragon Ball GIF by TOEI Animation UK

I am all for resigning TY Hilton.  Looking back at his PFF stats to end the season 85.7/70.3/NA/NA/64.4/67.3/70.4/70.9/71.5/72.2, those were some very good grades for a seasoned veteran much better than most.  Hilton always seen as a leader and both Hilton and Wayne's experiences should continue to help build a solid WR room for years to come.

Looked liked the Ravens have opened channels again trying to get Hilton to sign with them again this year but knowing Hilton he would accept a lessor deal and resign with the Colts which I can respect his loyalty.

23 hours ago, philba101 said:

Interesting: Unless the Colts are in love with Sam as a future QB; I have to believe they may consider this:

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler says that the two most likely landing spots for Nick Foles is with Doug Pederson in Jacksonville because of their previous relationship, but he believes the conversation starts with the Colts in Indy as Foles has a great relationship with coach Frank Reich, and "has wanted to end up in Indianapolis for awhile." 

Call me reckless, but I would like to believe that if Matt Ryan were to miss some time, we may be better off trotting out Sam over paying for an expensive backup that isn't likely to play anyway.  The scenario of playing Sam would be much better for our future franchise then trying to find lightning in a bottle with Nick Foles after he did it once 6 years ago.

We need to see Sam in game action to even validify him as our backup.  If he isn't that guy, he likely loses some games for us in a season where we need to accumulate the most 2023 draft capital as humanly possible.  
If Ryan were to go down with a season ending injury, at this point in his career I would say it crushes any Superbowl aspirations for likely the rest of his career.  Tanking the rest of the season in that scenario may be the only option to securing one of the QBs in this upcoming draft.

Just my 2 cents

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is the talk tonight on CBS radio. The host is just roasting Tannehill. He like me think Tannehill is above average at best and a baby. He has the Colts winning the division.

Nothing wrong wrong with what he said. It isn’t his job. He then went on to say he hoped Willis learns something from him.

13 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Nothing wrong wrong with what he said. It isn’t his job. He then went on to say he hoped Willis learns something from him.

I will say what the host said last night. He said it is just about being a good teammate and you have to word things better. The host said the way he spoke comes off as sour grapes because they drafted a QB and I agree. They wouldn't of drafted a QB if Tannehill didn't continue to suck in the playoffs. Just like we got rid of Wentz, Wentz had a keys to the Ferrari and he messed it up. This is a business and if you don't win you will be gone.

Tannehill had everything you needed to win a SB last year, dominant run game, good defense, good WR's, very good coach, they even had HFA, and the dude threw 3 INT's against Cincy handing them the game. You can stick up for him all you want but the dude is barely above average. If I was the GM of Tennessee, I would've traded Tannehill to a desperate team for a pick or 2 and still drafted Willis and rolled with Willis in 2022. To me Willis was the only QB I liked in this whole draft. 

16 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Would you be happy if your job said here’s your replacement train him please?

Where I used to work that happened all of the time.  And if you wanted to find another job within the company you better do it because if you didn't you wouldn't be considered a "team player."

Archived