Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They could realistically squeeze in because we have 7 teams now that get in but if the Bucs win that division it will be tough. Early on my division winners in the NFC are:

Bucs

Rams

Packers

Cowboys

Wcards = 49ers, Cards, and probably the Eagles but I guess the Saints could get in??

The 49ers are getting in?   With their QB situation?    Arizona seems pretty crazy with Murray angry he hasn’t gotten a big long term deal.   I’m not quite sold yet on the Eagles, but I think they’re a maybe. 

I do think your four division winners seem pretty safe.   But that stat about the Saints really jumped out at me.   4-0 against Tampa over the last two years?!?   That catches my eye!   

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The 49ers are getting in?   With their QB situation?    Arizona seems pretty crazy with Murray angry he hasn’t gotten a big long term deal.   I’m not quite sold yet on the Eagles, but I think they’re a maybe. 

I do think your four division winners seem pretty safe.   But that stat about the Saints really jumped out at me.   4-0 against Tampa over the last two years?!?   That catches my eye!   

Yeah Saints have owned the Bucs for some reason, like the Chargers used to beat Peyton haha . Odd but true. Saints could get in but it isn't a given. If their QB can stay healthy they do have a 50/50 chance. 49ers have a great coach, I want to see what they do with Jimmy G and Deebo. Now if they both get traded, the Saints chances go way up making the playoffs. Lynch is smart though so I am not sure if he trades anyone. Eagles are a 9 win team, maybe 10 wins playing in that division, they just added Brown as well to help Hurts.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Id love Beasley.   But I’m pretty sure he’s among the most vocal anti-vaxx players in the NFL.   I think that’s now a deal breaker for the Colts especially after how last year unfolded. 

Yeah...not to derail the thread, but I agree. I have said it before and I stand by it, but I don't think it's purely a coincidence that several of those who didn't get the vax are now gone. I am not saying that's THE reason they were let go, but I think it factored into the decision. The season collapsed right around the time some of those players were on and then off the COVID list. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Yeah...not to derail the thread, but I agree. I have said it before and I stand by it, but I don't think it's purely a coincidence that several of those who didn't get the vax are now gone. I am not saying that's THE reason they were let go, but I think it factored into the decision. The season collapsed right around the time some of those players were on and then off the COVID list. 

You could be right. I am sure there are some owners, ours included, who may not want to deal with these distractions anymore. I can't say I blame them. It is an individual's personal choice to get a vaccine or not, but when you show up to your work facility without a mask, knowing that the rules require a mask, get fined for it, and then publicly complain about it, I am sure it doesn't go over well with management. IMO Beasley and McKenzie should have been more respectful of their teammates' safety in these situations even if they disagreed with the protocols. The laws allow employers to set guidelines for their employees and they need to be followed. From the players' side I guess you could try to make the argument that you were being unfairly treated because they refused to abide by what they viewed as a personal healthcare choice. This would probably have more legal weight had Covid restrictions not already been in place at the state and county levels. With Covid protocols no longer in place this year, should these players be judged by their football merits and not their actions from last year?

3 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I've heard that Jarvis doesn't like playing with Tannehill, which I can't blame him lol. They played together in Miami and there were rumors that came out after Jarvis left the Dolphins. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gigc said:

Woa. Big no to Beasley. No matter what your stance on COVID is, that dude basically ran himself out of Buffalo because he was a problem-child all year long. 

Match a potential problem against the known team-guy TY --- and all the love other players have for him and it's a no brainer. Sign TY. 

The question is not whether he can still play, it's whether he can stay healthy. Last year was the first he had extended injuries. If you think he is healthy, bring him back man.

If you don't re-sign TY, IMO you're making the same mistake you made with Autry and Houston last year, and if you're counting on Campbell to play a full season, you're a fool.  We need TY's experience at the position.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, #12. said:

If you don't re-sign TY, IMO you're making the same mistake you made with Autry and Houston last year, and if you're counting on Campbell to play a full season, you're a fool.  We need TY's experience at the position.

Autry and Houston were productive. TY has not been in a good while.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

We didn’t have the best draft but we damn sure didn’t have the worst lol.

Who cares what these people say?  These are the same people who called Leonard the worst pick of the draft the year the Colts took him.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Coltsbluefan said:

The media when they get a chance always loves to take a negative shot at us most of the time for no good reason.I think we had a very solid draft.

Most if the median….  The vast majority…. Have given the Colts very good grades, reviews and comments.   

One guy with the NFL. Com gave us a poor review.   Otherwise, his is the only poor grade, a C.

Everyone else is better….  Much better…  I think pretty much B- to B+ or better. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JediXMan said:

We didn’t have the best draft but we damn sure didn’t have the worst lol.

I think these are the grades out out by Chad Reuter, just put on a full screen graphic.  Nothing is different.   The grade by one person….   That’s it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, #12. said:

Ballard has already said WE ARE NOT COUNTING ON CAMPBELL TO PLAY A FULL SEASON.    We hope he will but are NOT counting on it. 

And Hilton has not been at his old level for several seasons.   But we are still trying to re-sign him.  Just at a more modest price that will likely include incentives for things like games played.   

Give this some time to work out.  

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ballard has already said WE ARE NOT COUNTING ON CAMPBELL TO PLAY A FULL SEASON.    We hope he will but are NOT counting on it. 

And Hilton has not been at his old level for several seasons.   But we are still trying to re-sign him.  Just at a more modest price that will likely include incentives for things like games played.   

Give this some time to work out.  

If he really felt that way he would  have drafted two wrs

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Here’s an interesting tidbit that might change your mind on the Saints….

In the last two years, New Orleans played Tampa four times.   And beat them all four times by an average margin if 9 points per win.   4-0 against Tampa.   The Bucs were SB Champs one of those years and made the playoffs another before getting edged by the Rams this past season.   4-0. 

I’ve been hearing that the Saints think they’re closer to being very good — even with Winston at quarterback — than the media might lead you to believe.   Maybe we should all slow our roll against the idea that New Orleans will be sitting home come playoffs.    Maybe not so fast on pulling that trigger.   

Actually they are 4-0 in regular season.  The Bucs beat the Saints 30-20 in the divisional round on they run to the Super Bowl.

41 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think these are the grades out out by Chad Reuter, just put on a full screen graphic.  Nothing is different.   The grade by one person….   That’s it. 

Yeah it was incredibly lazy list 19 A’s 8 B’s and 4C’s lol.

23 minutes ago, Stephen said:

They are counting on the two late round picks to step up.  Add in Pittman and the rookie that’s four before you get to Campbell.  They didn’t need to draft two to not count on Campbell.  

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

We like guys like Dulin, Patmon and Strachan far more than this fan base does.  

As Ballard specifically said last week….   People are so afraid of the unknown.   The scouts and coaches believe in the players the fan base rejects.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Farns01 said:

Actually they are 4-0 in regular season.  The Bucs beat the Saints 30-20 in the divisional round on they run to the Super Bowl.

OK….   Thanks.   But I’d take 4-0 over a power house in the regular season.    All I was saying is New Orleans feels they’re a better team than many others do.  

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Who cares what these people say?  These are the same people who called Leonard the worst pick of the draft the year the Colts took him.

Did they say that? Prior to the draft that year, many said Leonard was a top prospect.

8 hours ago, Stephen said:

Kind of surprised we drafted another TE late with Ogletree instead of going after WR Bo Melton who had a respectable RAS and appeared the Colts were genuinely interested in him during the draft process.

1 hour ago, OhioColt said:

Kind of surprised we drafted another TE late with Ogletree instead of going after WR Bo Melton who had a respectable RAS and appeared the Colts were genuinely interested in him during the draft process.

Perhaps they are thinking ahead to next year? Bye bye Mo?

7 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Thanks for sharing. It seems that it was only Bleacher Report that believed that. It was not the player that was questioned -- it was where he was taken. Based on what you shared, it seems that the writer felt he could be taken later. 

Before the draft, I had heard/read that Leonard was a top prospect. Maybe I was reading too much from @stitches, who loved Leonard before the draft. 

Anyway, Leonard turned out to be great. I wonder what that Bleacher Report writer thinks now. :thinking:

Personally i wouldnt bring TY back unless someone got injured. The addition of Pierce gives us another versatile weapon we didnt have last year and insurance against Campbell going down. Plus you can add a guy like Coutee in the mix or another young guy. I didnt really interpret Ballards statement as TY coming back. I interpreted it as Corporate stalling talk.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I've heard that Jarvis doesn't like playing with Tannehill, which I can't blame him lol. They played together in Miami and there were rumors that came out after Jarvis left the Dolphins. 

Jarvis said they didn’t have a good relationship…so he wasn’t surprised that he didn’t hear from Tannehill after the trade to CLE.

Perhaps something has changed though. Or the media is just making up stuff about TEN as a destination. 

Interesting: Unless the Colts are in love with Sam as a future QB; I have to believe they may consider this:

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler says that the two most likely landing spots for Nick Foles is with Doug Pederson in Jacksonville because of their previous relationship, but he believes the conversation starts with the Colts in Indy as Foles has a great relationship with coach Frank Reich, and "has wanted to end up in Indianapolis for awhile." 

24 minutes ago, philba101 said:

Interesting: Unless the Colts are in love with Sam as a future QB; I have to believe they may consider this:

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler says that the two most likely landing spots for Nick Foles is with Doug Pederson in Jacksonville because of their previous relationship, but he believes the conversation starts with the Colts in Indy as Foles has a great relationship with coach Frank Reich, and "has wanted to end up in Indianapolis for awhile." 

What have we seen lately from Foles that says he can play decent football?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

What have we seen lately from Foles that says he can play decent football?

… and if Reich knocks on Irsay’s door and tell a tale about how he can resurrect a broken QB from Eagles, I think Irsay will throw a tantrum (as he should)! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, philba101 said:

I think the Colts should definitely sign Foles for two years to be our backup.  We are contenders and we definitely need a veteran at the backup spot.  He's the perfect fit considering his familiarity with our offense.  I have zero confidence in Sam winning us a game at this stage of his development.  Losing one or two games could be disastrous this year.  Foles gives us a great chance. 

Matt Ryan hasn't missed a game since Abraham Lincoln was the President so I doubt we sign any other QB. Sam is the backup for 2022 which is fine. I can see TY Hilton being back though on a cheap deal to finish his career here. Having a Vet like him around that can play some slot and give us 4 or 5 good games will help. A 1 Yr 6 Million dollar deal for TY should do it. People will say 6 Mill is too much, in reality it isn't. He made 10 Mill last year. That is a huge paycut for him. Our WR room at that point would look like this:

1. Pittman

2. Pierce

3. TY Hilton

4. Dulin

5. Campbell - I have him here because he can't stay healthy and may play only 4 or 5 games. Patmon should make the roster, we may need him. I hope Campbell can give us at least 10 strong games but it hasn't happened yet.

+We have guys like Hines who can catch 50 passes out of the backfield. Hines caught 63 passes in 2020 with Rivers at QB, 40 last year with Wentz, having Matt Ryan for him will be huge. Mo and Woods can be at least above average at the TE spot as well.

@cdgacoltsfan, there is no bye bye Mo, Mo just signed a 3 year contract. He will be around for a while. 

16 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

Colts land Marcel Dabo in the International Pathway Program.

Excited to see what he can do and that he doesn't count against rosters

I have never heard of this and I thought I knew everything homer simpson bird GIF- just joking but I don't have any idea what this means haha 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Matt Ryan hasn't missed a game since Abraham Lincoln was the President so I doubt we sign any other QB. Sam is the backup for 2022 which is fine. I can see TY Hilton being back though on a cheap deal to finish his career here. Having a Vet like him around that can play some slot and give us 4 or 5 good games will help. A 1 Yr 6 Million dollar deal for TY should do it. People will say 6 Mill is too much, in reality it isn't. He made 10 Mill last year. That is a huge paycut for him. Our WR room at that point would look like this:

1. Pittman

2. Pierce

3. TY Hilton

4. Dulin

5. Campbell - I have him here because he can't stay healthy and may play only 4 or 5 games. Patmon should make the roster, we may need him. I hope Campbell can give us at least 10 strong games but it hasn't happened yet.

+We have guys like Hines who can catch 50 passes out of the backfield. Hines caught 63 passes in 2020 with Rivers at QB, 40 last year with Wentz, having Matt Ryan for him will be huge. Mo and Woods can be at least above average at the TE spot as well.

@cdgacoltsfan, there is no bye bye Mo, Mo just signed a 3 year contract. He will be around for a while. 

Sam as our backup is a dangerous choice if it happens.  Ryan’s injury history is great but not guaranteed to continue.  We could easily lose a game or two with Sam if he has to play.  That could cost us a playoff spot.  We should sign a veteran who knows how to win in this league.  If we weren’t contenders I wouldn’t care but we are.  That’s a huge difference.  The Colts shouldn’t take the risk.  

• Confused 1

• NFLfan locked and unpinned this topic