Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

It's funny, people were saying we have no wideouts - Reggie is #2 on the depth chart.  We draft one in the late 2nd, and now, for some, there's no room for TY.  

They're not signing Landry.  

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, #12. said:

It's funny, people were saying we have no wideouts - Reggie is #2 on the depth chart.  We draft one in the late 2nd, and now, for some, there's no room for TY.  

They're not signing Landry.  

We reportedly had offers out to Landry and Honey Badger.  That said I think it’s most likely they will go the sentimental path and sign TY for one last hurrah.  That said I never thought they would sign Gilmore either.

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We reportedly had offers out to Landry and Honey Badger.  That said I think it’s most likely they will go the sentimental path and sign TY for one last hurrah.  That said I never thought they would sign Gilmore either.

I'm guessing that ship has sailed.  TY will be considerably cheaper.  

17 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

The Colts have the worst rated draft on NFL.com LOL. Their reasoning is largely due to the Carson Wentz trade, but Reuter even gave the Patriots a better grade after a lot of “questionable” decisions. 

The man is an *. The Rams received an A because they wn the SB. The draft should be rated on how well a team did considering the draft picks they had to work with. What in the world does trading for Wentz have to do with the performance on the team in this draft ?

2 hours ago, dw49 said:

The man is an *. The Rams received an A because they wn the SB. The draft should be rated on how well a team did considering the draft picks they had to work with. What in the world does trading for Wentz have to do with the performance on the team in this draft ?

The guy who gave us a C, the lowest rank of all 32 teams,  is Chad Reuter.   He’s not really a draft analyst.   His official title is Media Analyst.   When you read a player bio on NFL.com, it’s Lance Zierlein who does the player evaluation.   It’s Reuter who writes the bio profile showing what the player did in high school and college, plus awards and honors,  that type of thing.   It doesn’t take much to do that.  

Not a bad guy.   I just don’t think he has the proper skill set to do the job he’s given.   That’s my media review, from one to another. 

NOTE:   Just double checked.  Reuter now has a new title — Draft Analyst.  That’s new for him.    I typically don’t find his work all that credible. 

59 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The guy who gave us a C, the lowest rank of all 32 teams,  is Chad Reuter.   He’s not really a draft analyst.   His official title is Media Analyst.   When you read a player bio on NFL.com, it’s Lance Zierlein who does the player evaluation.   It’s Reuter who writes the bio profile showing what the player did in high school and college, plus awards and honors,  that type of thing.   It doesn’t take much to do that.  

Not a bad guy.   I just don’t think he has the proper skill set to do the job he’s given.   That’s my media review, from one to another. 

NOTE:   Just double checked.  Reuter now has a new title — Draft Analyst.  That’s new for him.    I typically don’t find his work all that credible. 

I agree he does not have the proper skill set to make the analysis.

Players signed by the Colts after the draft:

Ryan Van Demark, OT, UConn
Dallis Flowers, CB, Pittsburg State
Jack Coan, QB, Notre Dame 
Kekoa Crawford, WR, Cal
CJ Verdell, RB, Oregon State 
Josh Seltzner, OL, Wisconsin
Sterling Weatherford, S, Miami (Ohio)
Michael Young Jr., WR, Cincinnati
Forrest Rhyne, LB, Villanova
Samson Nacua, WR, BYU
D'Vonte Price, RB, Florida International 
Max Borghi, RB, Washington State
JoJo Domann, LB, Nebraska 
Cullen Wick, DE, Tulsa 

Alex Mollete, OG-Marshall

McKinley Williams, DL-Syracuse

Scott Patchan-DL-Colorado State

Trevor Denbow, S-SMU

Grayson Atkins, K-North Carolina

Jahmaine Martin-RB-North Carolina A&T

21 minutes ago, csmopar said:

In before the forum implodes.... 3...2...

Saints aren't going anywhere with him anyway, if wants to play for a loser that is his choice. They can have him, I would rather have Gilmore by a country mile. He will be sitting at home watching us in the playoffs. Bucs will run away with that division. 

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Saints aren't going anywhere with him anyway, if wants to play for a loser that is his choice. They can have him, I would rather have Gilmore by a country mile. He will be sitting at home watching us in the playoffs. Bucs will run away with that division. 

For my likely last big contract, I would sure as hell want a sugar daddy. Why call them a loser because the Colts didn't offer him enough to lure him here?

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I think we are fine at safety now with Cross and McCloud.  Adding a veteran WR would be a solid move now I would think.  I’ve accepted the fact that it will be TY.  Imo Landry would be the more productive player and justify the higher cost but I if it has to be TY for one more year so be it.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I think we are fine at safety now with Cross and McCloud.  Adding a veteran WR would be a solid move now I would think.  I’ve accepted the fact that it will be TY.  Imo Landry would be the more productive player and justify the higher cost but I if it has to be TY for one more year so be it.

I think it will be TY or Julio or both 

2 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

I think it will be TY or Julio or both 

I think I would prefer trading for Beasley than having TY back, just in case Campbell continues his string of bad luck with injuries. This with an understanding that Hines will probably be working the slot more often. Does Julio have any juice left?

42 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

For my likely last big contract, I would sure as hell want a sugar daddy. Why call them a loser because the Colts didn't offer him enough to lure him here?

Because he is going to a team that won't even make the playoffs to take a little more money. You look at things differently than I do, and I respect that. We have had many discussions about this. Do you take 13 Mill and play for a winner or take 15 Mill and play for a loser - that is an example as In I have no idea what we offered him or what they have. I would take the 13 Mill and play for a winner. He can eat his popcorn and watch us on TV in January over 2 or 3 Million dollars as I am sure that is what it was.

Woa. Big no to Beasley. No matter what your stance on COVID is, that dude basically ran himself out of Buffalo because he was a problem-child all year long. 

Match a potential problem against the known team-guy TY --- and all the love other players have for him and it's a no brainer. Sign TY. 

The question is not whether he can still play, it's whether he can stay healthy. Last year was the first he had extended injuries. If you think he is healthy, bring him back man.

16 minutes ago, philba101 said:

I think I would prefer trading for Beasley than having TY back, just in case Campbell continues his string of bad luck with injuries. This with an understanding that Hines will probably be working the slot more often. Does Julio have any juice left?

Irsay would probably trade to get Wentz back before Beasley. 

5 minutes ago, Gigc said:

Woa. Big no to Beasley. No matter what your stance on COVID is, that dude basically ran himself out of Buffalo because he was a problem-child all year long. 

Match a potential problem against the known team-guy TY --- and all the love other players have for him and it's a no brainer. Sign TY. 

The question is not whether he can still play, it's whether he can stay healthy. Last year was the first he had extended injuries. If you think he is healthy, bring him back man.

What was Beasley's problems besides feeling that he was being treated unfairly by the league for Covid protocols, which are likely not going to be a problem this year. Trading for Beasley does not have to be a replacement of particularly TY and his leadership, it would just be another weapon for Ryan. I love TY, but he hasn't played a full season since 2017.

5 minutes ago, philba101 said:

What was Beasley's problems besides feeling that he was being treated unfairly by the league for Covid protocols, which are likely not going to be a problem this year. Trading for Beasley does not have to be a replacement of particularly TY and his leadership, it would just be another weapon for Ryan. I love TY, but he hasn't played a full season since 2017.

I’m pretty sure Beasley is FA.  

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

You are correct sir. I just remember him asking for a trade. I forgot the Bills actually released him when they signed Von Miller to a huge contract. So maybe this is better since a trade won't be necessary.

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Titans pretty much have zero cap space and if the Saints sign Honey Badger they will also be up against it.  Teams find a way though.  Browns could do it but they might want Clowney more.  Colts could do it as well.  Will somebody please put Irsay’s plane on 24 hour surveillance.  Lol

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Titans pretty much have zero cap space and if the Saints sign Honey Badger they will also be up against it.  Teams find a way though.  Browns could do it but they might want Clowney more.  Colts could do it as well.  Will somebody please put Irsay’s plane on 24 hour surveillance.  Lol

pushing air travel GIF- we are on our way Badger. 

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Cap space isn't a thing anymore apparently.

9 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Unless mgt is  totally confident Sam can be QB2 , I hope they sign Foles .

I'm also hoping they sign Foles to a two year contract to back up Ryan. They must like Sam as a prospect but I wouldn't count on him winning any games for us if he had to play.   Foles definitely could.  They just gave that UDFA QB from Notre Dame a contract with guaranteed money.  They certainly must like him as well. 

32 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Id love Beasley.   But I’m pretty sure he’s among the most vocal anti-vaxx players in the NFL.   I think that’s now a deal breaker for the Colts especially after how last year unfolded. 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Id love Beasley.   But I’m pretty sure he’s among the most vocal anti-vaxx players in the NFL.   I think that’s now a deal breaker for the Colts especially after how last year unfolded. 

Yeah we will never sign him because of his Covid stance. Whether that is right or wrong is not my call but we know how Irsay is and it is his team. Leonard not being Vax'd is one thing because he is an all-pro but someone that is just good is another thing.

56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Because he is going to a team that won't even make the playoffs to take a little more money. You look at things differently than I do, and I respect that. We have had many discussions about this. Do you take 13 Mill and play for a winner or take 15 Mill and play for a loser - that is an example as In I have no idea what we offered him or what they have. I would take the 13 Mill and play for a winner. He can eat his popcorn and watch us on TV in January over 2 or 3 Million dollars as I am sure that is what it was.

Here’s an interesting tidbit that might change your mind on the Saints….

In the last two years, New Orleans played Tampa four times.   And beat them all four times by an average margin if 9 points per win.   4-0 against Tampa.   The Bucs were SB Champs one of those years and made the playoffs another before getting edged by the Rams this past season.   4-0. 

I’ve been hearing that the Saints think they’re closer to being very good — even with Winston at quarterback — than the media might lead you to believe.   Maybe we should all slow our roll against the idea that New Orleans will be sitting home come playoffs.    Maybe not so fast on pulling that trigger.   

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Here’s an interesting tidbit that might change your mind on the Saints….

In the last two years, New Orleans played Tampa four times.   And beat them all four times by an average margin if 9 points per win.   4-0 against Tampa.   The Bucs were SB Champs one of those years and made the playoffs another before getting edged by the Rams this past season.   4-0. 

I’ve been hearing that the Saints think they’re closer to being very good — even with Winston at quarterback — than the media might lead you to believe.   Maybe we should all slow our roll against the idea that New Orleans will be sitting home come playoffs.    Maybe not so fast on pulling that trigger.   

They could realistically squeeze in because we have 7 teams now that get in but if the Bucs win that division it will be tough. Early on my division winners in the NFC are:

Bucs

Rams

Packers

Cowboys

Wcards = 49ers, Cards, and probably the Eagles but I guess the Saints could get in??

Archived