Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

I am sure they altered it if there was any real information there. 

And if they didn't alter it, showing something like Garrett Wilson being high on their board or the best WR in the class is not very useful information.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

There is ONE QB designated as "gold"... if the blue chip WR is not on the board, or we can't trade up for him... be prepared... he's also highlighted with dark theme... seems like the leading player at each position is highlighted with dark theme

I can't figure out the dark cards.  The blue chip WR card is not dark and there are dark cards in the color column.  Perhaps there are no gold QBs.

The blue chip WR falling to the second is the exact scenario where Ballard said they would trade up.  According to him, there are only 5-6 blue chips in the whole draft.

2 minutes ago, #12. said:

I can't figure out the dark cards.  The blue chip WR card is not dark and there are dark cards in the color column.  Perhaps there are no gold QBs.

The blue chip WR falling to the second is the exact scenario where Ballard said they would trade up.  According to him, there are only 5-6 blue chips in the whole draft.

Yep and compared to years past where there were twice that many or more, cements what I feel about this class. It’s not that talented. I’d  say maybe a step above the 2013 draft but barely

8 minutes ago, #12. said:

Yeah, hard to figure out some of their designations. 

One thing I forgot to say - no idea when that picture was taken. If I'm not mistaken it was posted at some point during the 20s of the draft. It's possible some of those players were taken already. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Matt Ryan isn't just a band-aid, he is playing at least 2 more years, maybe even 3. We have plenty of time to draft a QB, next season makes the most sense. This isn't a Rivers situation.

Will you still complain next year when they are picking late in each round, and have to trade multiple firsts and several mid round picks to move up and get maybe the third slotted QB next year?  

I think I'd be much more "ok" with a guy if they deem him great value at 42 this year, and then keep all our picks this yr and next to draft "win now" guys.   You know, 4 or 6 of them....not one we trade for next year, or following....

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I can tell you are heavily against drafting a QB! haha 

Well, we all know QB's aren't important and it's easy to get them if you need one... haha

Some people act like the this seasons success all rides on getting a player at #42 to contribute this season. "Nothing Else Matters"......good song by Metallica. Well it's good if I'm not singing karaoke to it. :funny:

25 minutes ago, TheNextGM said:

Be shocked if Ridder or Willis is there at 42… Seattle probably takes one ahead of us, Minny and NY and Tennessee and Houston could all grab a QB as well.. my guess is they are both gone

Seattle could also trade for Baker or Jimmy G tonight but it’s more likely they draft one.  I could see Tennessee and Minny as well.  A quarterback is definitely a possibility now that they have dropped.  Howell would be my target but they are the smart ones not me.  Trusting Ballard on this as always.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Apparently something really bad has come out about Pickins. Don’t know what it is.

Isn’t he the guy that crashed into multiple parked cars a while back, either at the combine or in Vegas. It’s been recent. 

1 minute ago, Jackie Daytona said:

I heard he passed Colts interviews just fine..... Or maybe was a smokescreen

Did you read the tweet? That's not good to be having coaches saying you're a top 5 talent, but

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Did you read the tweet? That's not good to be having coaches saying you're a top 5 talent, but

They mentioned it in the blue stable podcast. But something else has come out because the blue stable guys said no way we are taking him with what they just found out. They initially said he passed colt interviews fine.

It's Watson or Pickens for me. I want Watson overall, but I don't care about issues with Pickens. These two are the only plug and play left and i truly believe that whoever gets them will be getting WR 1's and that is what we need. 

Watson is my choice though

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

JMV has lost his marbles. He said we should draft a WR to replace Pittman in a year just in case. When has Ballard not paid his own players that deserve it?

1st off there is zero chance that Pittman will command anywhere near the money that Adams, Hill, or Brown did. ZERO chance of that. Pittman is a solid receiver but nowhere near elite, so JMV is a buffoon

16 minutes ago, csmopar said:

In other words, no body knows squat and are just seeing what will happen 

Like chappel said yesterday any information coming out through Sunday is coming out because someone wants it out there.  Time to be extremely skeptical about “reports” no matter where it’s coming from.

34 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

There are still FA WR we can sign. Landry and Hilton are still out there. There is also the third round. Bell might still be there too.

I think we will sign a low salary FA receiver in May.   But that won’t stop us from drafting a receiver.   Not a fan of Bell.   Great kid and good receiver, but he’s not what we’re looking for — speed, quickness, big play ability.  Someone the defense has to fear.   Bell isn’t that guy.  He’s reliable and steady, but that’s it. 

Hoping for Watson or Moore in R2. 

3 minutes ago, Indeee said:

It's Watson or Pickens for me. I want Watson overall, but I don't care about issues with Pickens. These two are the only plug and play left and i truly believe that whoever gets them will be getting WR 1's and that is what we need. 

Watson is my choice though

I hope you’re disappointed tonight. Watson will take time to develop and likely won’t make an instant impact. He could turn into a beast later, though. Of course, we have a few guys like that on on the roster already.

Pickens is from my home state, Alabama. There were character concerns during his HS recruitment, including almost not even being eligible to play his FR year. He was a big time 5* recruit, and Nick Saban just stopped recruiting him halfway through his SR year of high school because he was a long shot to qualify academically. Somehow he ended up making it , though. Anyway, those same character issues are lingering around now, 3 years later. The guy has immense talent, but never had a 1,000 yard season in college. I hate to down a kid, but he fits the “punk” description. This is not a guy you want to rely on to help your team win.

26 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

JMV has lost his marbles. He said we should draft a WR to replace Pittman in a year just in case. When has Ballard not paid his own players that deserve it?

If Pittman wants 20-25 million a year, he gone. And rightfully so

24 minutes ago, Indeee said:

1st off there is zero chance that Pittman will command anywhere near the money that Adams, Hill, or Brown did. ZERO chance of that. Pittman is a solid receiver but nowhere near elite, so JMV is a buffoon

And if Pittman breaks out big time this year, he may command that big check

37 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

I heard he passed Colts interviews just fine..... Or maybe was a smokescreen

I can't believe the Colts would let that type of info out into the public domain...   good or bad.

The Colts don't leak.      Or they leak less than everyone else.    Either way.

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Typically he has paid players who deserve it but that was before the WR market went crazy this offseason and average dudes will be asking for close to $20 million.

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

I'm saying maybe Indy putting it out there through a sour e that they liked Pickens in interviews and he passed their tests was a smokescreen ...not that the negative reports in him are.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I can't believe the Colts would let that type of info out into the public domain...   good or bad.

The Colts don't leak.      Or they leak less than everyone else.    Either way.

Not a leak, but some reporter last few days tweeted "Pickens passed Colts interviews and they were happy with his performance in them". Or something to that effect.... Not so much a leak, as maybe disinformation

1 hour ago, C_Lew said:

I hope you’re disappointed tonight. Watson will take time to develop and likely won’t make an instant impact. He could turn into a beast later, though. Of course, we have a few guys like that on on the roster already.

Pickens is from my home state, Alabama. There were character concerns during his HS recruitment, including almost not even being eligible to play his FR year. He was a big time 5* recruit, and Nick Saban just stopped recruiting him halfway through his SR year of high school because he was a long shot to qualify academically. Somehow he ended up making it , though. Anyway, those same character issues are lingering around now, 3 years later. The guy has immense talent, but never had a 1,000 yard season in college. I hate to down a kid, but he fits the “punk” description. This is not a guy you want to rely on to help your team win.

I'm a hurricanes fan and follow HS recruiting very closely as well.  Canes almost stole Pickens on signing day but in a surprising move picked UGA over Auburn and Miami.  He was the best WR at UGA as a true fr.  The main reason he didn't get 1,000 yards is because of a ACL injury and the conservative offense at UGA.

On a positive note, he is super talented and has great football/competitive character.  He is great run blocker and Kirby Smart said he was the most competitive player during practices on the entire team.  He came back from an ACL to compete in UGA's playoff run.  He easily could have sat out and just prepared for the draft.  Matt Stinchcomb former UGA and NFL players had a lot of very positive things to say about Pickens on NFL radio today.

I understand he comes with risk due to injury and some of the vague character questions, but he is a top 10 talent IMO that is super competitive.  If (big if) Colts are comfortable with his background check, I would love to draft him.

Archived