Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm happy to see Woolen ranked in third round territory.  The guy is a project and should not be taken before that, IMO.

I'm also happy to see players like Alec Pierce, Jalen Tolbert, Jaylen Armour Davis, Jelani Woods also ranked just below our pick 73.

Skyy Moore at 42, then any one of those other players...even the other WRs.....would be a great start to the draft, IMO.

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He's the shortest left tackle in the NFL at 6’2”.  We passed in Leno in part because he’s just 6’3”. 

Why are the Pats giving up on a former first round pick?    

I don’t think there’s a love connection here. 

The article said they are looking for more mid round picks after just giving up a fifth for two late round picks.  BB wants more picks and that coupled with his upcoming free agency is prompting the willingness to trade him.  BB is known to be willing to move players before he has to pay them the big extension.  In many cases they leave and he gets comp picks.  It sounds like he would like to get his pick this year.

3 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

No wonder they say he needs to grow up.

Yeah, I watched that GATech game.  It was chippy the entire game and Pickens was the provocateur.  I thought that it was common knowledge the guy is a head case, but I guess others have not seen him play in the past.   He was out for most of 2021 with the ACL too.

Speaking of the draft…

Kid named Sterling Weatherford played as a z safety/hybrid linebacker for Miami of Ohio. He went to school at Hamilton Heights in central Indiana

Looks like he may go in the 5th or 6th round but his draft stock has been rising.

I may be biased but I think he would fit this Colts team perfectly.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

I'm happy to see Woolen ranked in third round territory.  The guy is a project and should not be taken before that, IMO.

I'm also happy to see players like Alec Pierce, Jalen Tolbert, Jaylen Armour Davis, Jelani Woods also ranked just below our pick 73.

Skyy Moore at 42, then any one of those other players...even the other WRs.....would be a great start to the draft, IMO.

I love Skyy's potential but I am extremely hesitant on guys his size ability to make it through a season. If they really plan on getting Hines more involved I'd be happy with a more polished TE or route runner WR at 42. 

21 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Today they had the colts director of player personnel on the official podcast. He said expect a flurry of signings after the draft with undrafted free agents. Something about the fact they didn’t bring many of their own back. Apparently he expects there to be a lot more good players go undrafted.

I hope that theory is correct. If so, I believe we will have a huge advantage. Say what you want about Chris Ballard and his guys but they are great at evaluating collegiate talent 

6 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

I hope that theory is correct. If so, I believe we will have a huge advantage. Say what you want about Chris Ballard and his guys but they are great at evaluating collegiate talent 

Something to consider is colts I  still only have around 64 players signed. So I do expect a lot of signings after the draft.

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Thanks for this….    And here would be another veteran tackle that could hopefully capably step in.

A modest veteran base pay.   Incentives based on both games played and games started should satisfy both sides.   Hope a deal like this gets done and soon!   

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Uhhh….  It’s not huge if he’s falling due to medical issues.   The question is, is it true or draft week smoke screen? 

It is for him. Some mocks have had him borderline 1st round to high 2nd round. If he drops to 3rd or 4th or farther, that’s MILLIONS 

19 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Lmao. I am so glad he is gone.

whoever Uncle Brento is, he’s a fool.   The Bears are in a major rebuild.   They’ve already traded Khalil Mack, and Quinn is 32 and coming off a good season. 

It makes perfect sense to trade Quinn NOW while the Bears can get a pick for him.   Flus is hardly “allergic to pass rush.”   How silly can one person be?  

Remember, people here wanted Flus fired.  And not only were they wrong, the opposite happened.  He got promoted to Head Coach.
You can blame Ballard and Reich for our defense as much as Flus. 

14 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Did anyone read Zak keefers article today. Hd interviewed Ehlinger, Paye, Okereke  about the draft process. San said Buffalo almost got him to admit he committed a crime. It was a great article.

That was Sam being clumsy with the English language.   Since when is being sent to detention in high school a crime?   It’s not.   The Bills coach called him a liar to get him flustered, which he did.   Sam was caught off guard.   It’s a big fat nothing burger, but a good example of how crazy the draft process can get. 

40 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

whoever Uncle Brento is, he’s a fool.   The Bears are in a major rebuild.   They’ve already traded Khalil Mack, and Quinn is 32 and coming off a good season. 

It makes perfect sense to trade Quinn NOW while the Bears can get a pick for him.   Flus is hardly “allergic to pass rush.”   How silly can one person be?  

Remember, people here wanted Flus fired.  And not only were they wrong, the opposite happened.  He got promoted to Head Coach.
You can blame Ballard and Reich for our defense as much as Flus. 

He might of been let go had he not got that job,

38 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

That was Sam being clumsy with the English language.   Since when is being sent to detention in high school a crime?   It’s not.   The Bills coach called him a liar to get him flustered, which he did.   Sam was caught off guard.   It’s a big fat nothing burger, but a good example of how crazy the draft process can get. 

The detention thing was Granson. Forgot he interviewed him too. 

11 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

12 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

That’s a fans point of view.   Before he was with KC Ballard was with Chicago.   I think his voice carries weight with that organization.  I think he gave Flus a strong recommendation.  
There is zero evidence that Flus would have been fired. 

3 hours ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Within the first minute, Ballard said “move around and pick up enough picks” hahaha yea we’re definitely trading down at some point.  Most likely our 2nd rd pick.  Draft can’t get here fast enough

Ballard's a little grumpy, following the Jacksonville debacle.  Not quite as many smiles in the scout room these days.

14 hours ago, DeepseaColt said:

I love Skyy's potential but I am extremely hesitant on guys his size ability to make it through a season. If they really plan on getting Hines more involved I'd be happy with a more polished TE or route runner WR at 42. 

My heart is not really into picking Skyy for that reason, its just that the analysts seem to like him.  I prefer Tolbert or Pierce, or even Samori Toure later, who are seen more as outside guys and deep shot threats. 

54 minutes ago, DougDew said:

My heart is not really into picking Skyy for that reason, its just that the analysts seem to like him.  I prefer Tolbert or Pierce, or even Samori Toure later, who are seen more as outside guys and deep shot threats. 

I have come to realize size has nothing to do with injuries. Some of the smallest guys stay healthy.  Look how many injuries Campbell has. He is built solid. 

Archived