Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I think you're completely de-valuing his ability as a WR. You just need to get him the ball and he'll make a play. I also think you're taking his statement completely the wrong way. The 49ers were making him run the ball like 10 times a game. That won't happen here. I don't think having him in the backfield for handful of plays is out of the question though.

I'm not devaluing him as a receiver. I was one of his biggest proponents in the predraft process here and I wanted us to draft him and he's exceeded even my expectations. He's a great receiver alone and even better all around weapon.

9 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I forgot SF doesn’t have a first round pick. So they are going to want a first round pick for Deebo. Terry would be much easier to require.

If a team has a 1st rd pick and they are interested in Deebo they should get the trade done asap.  The Jets in particular.  If he is not traded by the end of the 1st rd the Colts are back on equal footing with the rest of the league.  Possibly even in a better position.  He asked for a trade weeks ago.  Nothing yet.  Interesting week coming up.

17 minutes ago, stitches said:

I'm not devaluing him as a receiver. I was one of his biggest proponents in the predraft process here and I wanted us to draft him and he's exceeded even my expectations. He's a great receiver alone and even better all around weapon.

So then what's the problem? Who cares if he's used less in the backfield. I'd be fine using him strictly as a WR. Not sure he'd complain lining up next to Taylor from time to time just to stress defenses.

54 minutes ago, CR91 said:

So then what's the problem? Who cares if he's used less in the backfield. I'd be fine using him strictly as a WR. Not sure he'd complain lining up next to Taylor from time to time just to stress defenses.

The problem is he wants 25M+ and he will require premier assets in addition to that pay and we cannot afford to give up future 1sts for any non QB until we find our long-term franchise QB.

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

The problem is he wants 25M+ and he will require premier assets in addition to that pay and we cannot afford to give up future 1sts for any non QB until we find our long-term franchise QB.

We have Matt Ryan for atleast two years. Gotta win now while this roster can still compete.

25 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

The anticipation on that pass and leading him was so good. I know there is no defenders but that how you create YAC.

MO dropped a few more passes than I would had liked from him last year, granted it could have been the Carson Wentz affect.  Im looking for him to build off of the year he had with Phillip Rivers this year.  It’s now or never at this point with the MO project.  I want him to succeed 

5 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

MO dropped a few more passes than I would had liked from him last year, granted it could have been the Carson Wentz affect.  Im looking for him to build off of the year he had with Phillip Rivers this year.  It’s now or never at this point with the MO project.  I want him to succeed 

Ryan has always made TE look very good. 

25 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Mo always have a few flashes a season. We need to see some consistency. Hopefully we see that breakout with Doyle gone.

I am surprised Ryan didn’t do a presser Wed.

Probably wants to focus more on the playbook and getting acclimated with the guys. Listen to Reich's presser. Gives some good insight. 

Just now, ChuggaBeer said:

No idea why anyone would be worried about a presser from any player.   Not like you're going to learn anything.  Scripted rehearsed answers.   

Couldn't care less about a player speaking unless its big news 

JMO 

I never said I was worried. I was just surprised he didn’t do one.

1 minute ago, ChuggaBeer said:

No idea why anyone would be worried about a presser from any player.   Not like you're going to learn anything.  Scripted rehearsed answers.   

Couldn't care less about a player speaking unless its big news 

JMO 

I don’t think anyone is worried just a little surprised that the new QB didn’t do one is all.  

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I never said I was worried. I was just surprised he didn’t do one.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think anyone is worried just a little surprised that the new QB didn’t do one is all.  

He's busy and probably thinks they are useless like I do.

Not bashing anyone who likes them    I just don't get it 

3 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

He's busy and probably thinks they are useless like I do.

Not bashing anyone who likes them    I just don't get it 

That’s not how pressers works.  The team makes players available to the media that are either requested or they think the media will want to hear from.  Ryan isn’t a diva had he been asked he would have done it regardless of how he feels about them.  I think this is the definition of making a mountain out of a mole hill.  No one is concerned or even upset he didn’t do one just saying they are little surprised the new QB didn’t do one is all.  That’s just an observation of the situation is all.  

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That’s not how pressers works.  The team makes players available to the media that are either requested or they think the media will want to hear from.  Ryan isn’t a diva had he been asked he would have done it regardless of how he feels about them.  I think this is the definition of making a mountain out of a mole hill.  No one is concerned or even upset he didn’t do one just saying they are little surprised the new QB didn’t do one is all.  That’s just an observation of the situation is all.  

Fair enough.  But him not doing one is also a mole hill IMO

Archived