Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That’s not how pressers works.  The team makes players available to the media that are either requested or they think the media will want to hear from.  Ryan isn’t a diva had he been asked he would have done it regardless of how he feels about them.  I think this is the definition of making a mountain out of a mole hill.  No one is concerned or even upset he didn’t do one just saying they are little surprised the new QB didn’t do one is all.  That’s just an observation of the situation is all.  

Doesn’t look like Ryan is “All In”. :thmup:

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/6/2022 at 9:56 AM, Indyfan4life said:

See, the way I took that as was there was growing talk of chatter and issues with Jim. Not his dislike of Carson. That's why I asked you.

The more things come out, the more my view is cemented. I don't mind moving off of CW, but I think it's pretty clear in terms of the driver. 

9 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Can’t wait for Ballard’s presser tomorrow.

Same here. Feeling decent about Ballard right now. At least there was a plan with the secondary to fix it before the draft besides maybe CB depth. My opinion of Ballard is going to depend on how he fixes the receiving corps. I'm guessing we draft a WR on day 2, a TE in rounds 3-5, and afterwards, we will sign a veteran WR when it no longer affects the comp formula.

I believe the comp formula and the price of WRs have kept us from signing one in general this offseason. Gilmore was an exception at CB because we wouldn't have gotten him otherwise if we waited til after the draft so Ballard was willing to lose a comp pick in 2023 in return. 

I'm excited about the draft, and expecting multiple trade downs, though the wild-card here is a QB in the 2nd round if Ballard thinks he can be developed (Ridder or Howell).

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It will be live on Facebook, ap, Twitter. Colts.com.

I'll either watch it on the Colts website, or on youtube when they put it up on their official website. Either way, I think we actually get some hints about the draft today as Ballard will tell the truth, he's just deceptive about it. 

14 hours ago, EastStreet said:

The more things come out, the more my view is cemented. I don't mind moving off of CW, but I think it's pretty clear in terms of the driver. 

Care to elaborate on this?  I enjoy your take on things. I’m interpreting this as you believe Irsay is calling the shots. Do you think just for CW or possibly other roster decisions as well?

1 hour ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Care to elaborate on this?  I enjoy your take on things. I’m interpreting this as you believe Irsay is calling the shots. Do you think just for CW or possibly other roster decisions as well?

I’m not EastStreet and I have absolutely zero inside information, but I feel Irsay was the driving force behind bringing TY back last season. I think Ballard was open to bringing him back, but maybe not for the dollar amount that he received. That’s just what it seemed like to me based on how things unfolded, along with Irsay’s tweets during that time. 

26 minutes ago, C_Lew said:

I’m not EastStreet and I have absolutely zero inside information, but I feel Irsay was the driving force behind bringing TY back last season. I think Ballard was open to bringing him back, but maybe not for the dollar amount that he received. That’s just what it seemed like to me based on how things unfolded, along with Irsay’s tweets during that time. 

I’d agree with this assessment.  

34 minutes ago, C_Lew said:

I’m getting that vibe as well. I really hope he isn’t going to meddle too much or preferably not at all in decisions. His team and it’s not like we have been consistently winning so maybe a push in the right direction was needed.  We will probably never know and that’s ok.  

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Teams don’t just dump first rounders after a year unless there are major red flags.  Learn from the Trent Richardson trade and stay away.

If it's because he's not happy with the current Giants QB situation and new coaching staff not moving from that situation...he might be a very good option if the price isn't too high. 4. 3 speed and very talented.

48 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

He can clearly play. I think that has to be false.

I would guess that is the new playbook for the new season.  If true he is clearly having issues with the new people in charge.  Another opportunity might have just fallen into Ballard’s lap like the Ryan acquisition.

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Wasn’t there rumors that is who Ballard wanted if giants took Paye.

I think the top choice if Paye was off the board was Darrisaw.   The big Left Tackke who went a pick ir two later to Minnesota.  I’m pretty sure Ballard said so roughly a week after the draft when he has a semi-private meeting with the media to go over the draft.  

23 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I would guess that is the new playbook for the new season.  If true he is clearly having issues with the new people in charge.  Another opportunity might have just fallen into Ballard’s lap like the Ryan acquisition.

I am pretty sure there were rumors that he was going to be the pick if they had taken Paye.

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Teams don’t just dump first rounders after a year unless there are major red flags.  Learn from the Trent Richardson trade and stay away.

IDK, I'd at least do my own due diligence 

25 minutes ago, J@son said:

IDK, I'd at least do my own due diligence 

Exactly. When it comes down to it football is a job.  Could be a bad employee which is the most likely situation, or it could be the employee doesn’t want to work for that company. Happens all the time. Worth looking into and making an assessment. 

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

As always….  Thanks for being a voice of reason.   Hope people will see your post and give it serious consideration. 

17 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I'm willing to give Ballard a chance at this point to see what happens. The only scenario that would make me upset is if we waited til day 3 to draft a WR and re-signed Hilton after the draft as the "veteran guy". Hopefully something different happens and we get creative or a WR falls to 42 that we like.

16 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I'm not for or against Toney. I think he flashed in a game or two, but new regime with no ties to Toney and a lot of holes to fill at times you need to move assets to help at other positions. Giants still have three capable WRs.

Archived