Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fisher

IrsaysArmy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Eric Fisher not expected back per source 

Not a surprise.  I only hope that everybody is confident that his poor pass protection last season can't be explained by Achilles healing yet to happen (but expected to).  It seems likely he'll end up somewhere.  And it would be frustrating if he plays at a higher level next season after more recovery time.

Anyway, ship sailed.  Now who?

If that is the case, might as well go after an established LT like Terron Armstead without a 1st rounder on hand, let go of TY and restructure some other contracts to make room for Q's contract to field the best team possible. 

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If that is the case, might as well go after an established LT like Terron Armstead without a 1st rounder on hand, let go of TY and restructure some other contracts to make room for Q's contract to field the best team possible. 

Did you know the Colts were just granted an exemption!   We don’t have a salary cap!   We can spend as much money as want to! 

$20 mill for Armstead!   Sure!   Come on down!!!!!  

Seriously, where do you get this stuff? 

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Did you know the Colts were just granted an exemption!   We don’t have a salary cap!   We can spend as much money as want to! 

Why not?  We have the cap space and it's probably the 2nd most important position on offense.  

Actually, from what I'm seeing $20M may be a bargain for him.

38 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Did you not read the fact that I said we would have to restructure some other contracts? The money that we spent on Fisher and TY put together plus the restructuring of a few contracts is what it would take. If there is a will, there is a way.

Sounded to me like Ballard is liking Pryor being the LT next season more and more during his combine chats.  I’d expect Pryor back and to move into the starting line up.  Still if a good LT is there around the Colts second pick I think the Colts will strongly consider drafting him.

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

Leno was right there and wanted to come here but Ballard picked an injured Fisher smh.

As you just saw, whether or not a player WANTS to play somewhere - money still dictates the situation 99.99% of the time. Perhaps Leno was offered more money elsewhere? Aaron Rodgers just spent the past 2-3 years complaining about the Packers and re-signed for A LOT of money. Why do you think that is?

There is only one Andre Dawson.....

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Comfort zones with Wentz (for Reich) and Fisher (for Ballard) got us where we are now. :) 

Much better analogy!

1 minute ago, Scott Pennock said:

As you just saw, whether or not a player WANTS to play somewhere - money still dictates the situation 99.99% of the time. Perhaps Leno was offered more money elsewhere? Aaron Rodgers just spent the past 2-3 years complaining about the Packers and re-signed for A LOT of money. Why do you think that is?

There is only one Andre Dawson.....

How much was Fisher offered? (I know it but will wait for your answer)

Leno was offered a 1 year $5 million dollar deal at the same time we offered Fisher his deal.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2021/5/12/22432425/washington-roster-moves-lt-charles-leno-signing-a-1-year-5-million-deal

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Like teams with way worse salary situations than us don't go and spend big in FA every single off-season lol.

I'm not advocating the position but signing Armstead would be elementary if Ballard really wanted to.

51 minutes ago, chad72 said:

How much was Fisher offered? (I know it but will wait for your answer)

Leno was offered a 1 year $5 million dollar deal at the same time we offered Fisher his deal.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2021/5/12/22432425/washington-roster-moves-lt-charles-leno-signing-a-1-year-5-million-deal

I don't know what was offered....

Fisher is healthy and wants to get paid. I don't blame him.He used to Colts to get back into some kind of playing shape, he will be better next year I bet but if we can find a LT better than him and are willing to pay then this would be a great move for all to go their separate ways

good run blocker but he stunk in pass protection all year.  i remember at least twice we gave up a turnover because he got beat.  he had too many pressures, sacks and penalties too

bringing him back would have been nuts at any price to me

3 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

So we paid 6 millions dollars to Fisher and they paid 5 million to Leno? Am I understanding that correctly?

Yep, could have still had Leno now, he signed a 3 year $37 mil. deal with the Commanders in the off season, very reasonable for a young player like him.

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

That's ok.   He was still solid.    He was far from terrible.     Sure would have liked to have had him last year

He would have been better than Fisher, but he was no Glenn.  Fun fact, Glenn was a Defensive Tackle in College, that moved to the Offensive Line.  He held out his first year, and played Left Guard as a rookie.  But became a perennial Pro Bowler at LT.

2 minutes ago, LiveAndLetAddai said:

He would have been better than Fisher, but he was no Glenn.  Fun fact, Glenn was a Defensive Tackle in College, that moved to the Offensive Line.  He held out his first year, and played Left Guard as a rookie.  But became a perennial Pro Bowler.  

He moved to LT his junior year.   He went to 3 pro bowls,  his first was in his 6th season.   He was very good,   but I wouldn't say he was far and away better than AC

4 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Why not?  We have the cap space and it's probably the 2nd most important position on offense.  

Actually, from what I'm seeing $20M may be a bargain for him.

Im not sure we have the cap space now that  we have $70 mill to spend.    Fans here ALWAYS think we have the cap space.   Been that way every off-season.   And how has that worked out?  

Just now, jvan1973 said:

He moved to LT his junior year.   He went to 3 pro bowls,  his first was in his 6th season.   He was very good,   but I wouldn't say he was far and away better than AC

Then you understand little about Offensive Line play, lmao!  Not trying to fight, but NEVER reply to me again.

Archived