IrsaysArmy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/9/2022 at 11:54 AM, IrsaysArmy said:

Eric Fisher not expected back per source 

Not shocked.

On 3/9/2022 at 1:44 PM, stitches said:

Fisher by himself is not a huge loss for us. The fact that we don't have anything better is the concerning one. Ballard will need to go for a LT in FA again... and possibly go for LT in the draft too... 

I'm more than fine with just taking one in the 2nd, and resigning Pryor. 

If I had to bet though, we'll grab a mid priced vet FA.

Reportedly we have about $70mill in cap space, which doesn't go that far if you sign big named FAs.

With the available QBs, it does not seem like the year to spend money on a QB.

And, I'm never in favor of spending big money on a G.

Considering the needs and options for filling them, this seems like the right time and right position to spend money on signing Terron Armstead.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Reportedly we have about $70mill in cap space, which doesn't go that far if you sign big named FAs.

With the available QBs, it does not seem like the year to spend money on a QB.

And, I'm never in favor of spending big money on a G.

Considering the needs and options for filling them, this seems like the right time and right position to spend money on signing Terron Armstead.

We have the most cap space in the league now. 

So we have a ton of options purely from a spend perspective.

Just no decent FA QBs... 

My biggest hope is we don't pull a homer and trade a lot for Jimmy G and sign him to a big contract extension... 

On 3/9/2022 at 6:54 PM, a06cc said:

I agree with you. Haven’t had a LT since Tarik. He was average at best. Never made a probowl. No first team All Pro. Always got beat by Robert Quinn. He was doing it since college lol. Like you I’m not saying he was bad. He was just average. The only reason he was here is the fact the Patriots picked Nate Solder before us. Heck Anthony missed his first year as well. 

Not making the Pro Bowl or first-team All Pro does not make a player average. Having half of the players in the league at his position being better than him would make him average. I don't think half of the LTs in the NFL were better than Costanzo. He wasn't All Pro, but he was above average IMHO. 

10 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Not making the Pro Bowl or first-team All Pro does not make a player average. Having half of the players in the league at his position being better than him would make him average. I don't think half of the LTs in the NFL were better than Costanzo. He wasn't All Pro, but he was above average IMHO. 

AC was very average his last year. IRRC, he was ranked in the 30s of OTs. 

I think it's important the Colts move on and upgrade the LT through free agency this year. I respect Fisher for coming back and playing early in the season. He had a solid year against the run, but at times in passing situations, he looked awful: Carson holding onto the ball as long as he did didn't help or maybe he never fully recovered from the Achilles injury which is possible. I rather go out and get a guy like Armstead and not have to worry about the LT position for years. It's a big risk bringing Fisher back at the price he probably values himself at, but you have no idea what Eric Fisher you're going to get. Move on and pay the money to upgrade.

11 minutes ago, Dark Superman said:

I think it's important the Colts move on and upgrade the LT through free agency this year. I respect Fisher for coming back and playing early in the season. He had a solid year against the run, but at times in passing situations, he looked awful: Carson holding onto the ball as long as he did didn't help or maybe he never fully recovered from the Achilles injury which is possible. I rather go out and get a guy like Armstead and not have to worry about the LT position for years. It's a big risk bringing Fisher back at the price he probably values himself at, but you have no idea what Eric Fisher you're going to get. Move on and pay the money to upgrade.

His best year was 2020. He was never great at pass pro. In my nicest voice, it wasn't smart to think he'd be good laterally. Wish him the best. He was never good with a bull rush either.... So sure it's great to tip the hat he came back, but it's a business.  

On 3/10/2022 at 6:53 PM, EastStreet said:

We have the most cap space in the league now. 

So we have a ton of options purely from a spend perspective.

Just no decent FA QBs... 

My biggest hope is we don't pull a homer and trade a lot for Jimmy G and sign him to a big contract extension... 

Just say no to Jimmy G

19 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Good solid player.  Not a problem.  An asset.  A very very good pass protector.  Lesser run blocker.  Good to very good grades every year of his career.

On 3/11/2022 at 8:04 PM, EastStreet said:

AC was very average his last year. IRRC, he was ranked in the 30s of OTs. 

But the post I'm quoting isn't talking about AC's last year. It's talking about his whole career and saying the Colts haven't had a LT since Tarik Glenn. 

On 3/15/2022 at 11:41 AM, BeanDiasucci said:

But the post I'm quoting isn't talking about AC's last year. It's talking about his whole career and saying the Colts haven't had a LT since Tarik Glenn. 

Sorry, wasn't calling out AC in general. AC was great some years. He just declined. Glenn, IDK. 

Archived