Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fisher

IrsaysArmy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, LiveAndLetAddai said:

He was average, nothing more.  He profiled as a RT.

i think you’re confusing AC with someone else.   He was a LT in college, and he had all the size and length and athleticism required. 

HIs yearly PFF scores were all way above “average”.    Mostly 70’s and 80’s after a two year leaning curve.  

At his retirement,  Ballard called him the best LT in football.   Perhaps some hyperbole for a guy whose career had ended?  But still….   He was not an average LT.  

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Did you not read the fact that I said we would have to restructure some other contracts? The money that we spent on Fisher and TY put together plus the restructuring of a few contracts is what it would take. If there is a will, there is a way.

This is the same annual post you and others make every March leading up to free agency.  
It has not happened.   Not once. 

Good luck with that!

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

How much was Fisher offered? (I know it but will wait for your answer)

Leno was offered a 1 year $5 million dollar deal at the same time we offered Fisher his deal.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2021/5/12/22432425/washington-roster-moves-lt-charles-leno-signing-a-1-year-5-million-deal

Leno was forced to take less money.   There were two teams bidding on two players.   Once we signed Fisher, Leno had no leverage and signed the best deal he could.  

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

This is the same annual post you and others make every March leading up to free agency.  
It has not happened.   Not once. 

Good luck with that!

Now with Wentz being shipped out, we do have the space. Keep up!!!

3 hours ago, Mackrel829 said:

Like teams with way worse salary situations than us don't go and spend big in FA every single off-season lol.

I'm not advocating the position but signing Armstead would be elementary if Ballard really wanted to.

Nothing about signing a player — any player — for $20 mill per year is elementary.  

Just now, chad72 said:

Now with Wentz being shipped out, we do have the space. Keep up!!!

Not for a guy who wants $20 mill - plus!   I’m keeping up!  

2 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

good run blocker but he stunk in pass protection all year.  i remember at least twice we gave up a turnover because he got beat.  he had too many pressures, sacks and penalties too

bringing him back would have been nuts at any price to me

The irony is that he’s always been a better pass blocker than run blocker.  Until his injury.  That changed everything.   

Fisher is going to be better next year than he was for us this year.   For some other team.   His injury will be much improved.  

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

i think you’re confusing AC with someone else.   He was a LT in college, and he had all the size and length and athleticism required. 

HIs yearly PFF scores were all way above “average”.    Mostly 70’s and 80’s after a two year leaning curve.  

At his retirement,  Ballard called him the best LT in football.   Perhaps some hyperbole for a guy whose career had ended?  But still….   He was not an average LT.  

No, he was a LT but most scouts profiled him as a RT.  It really matters not, as I wish he still was our LT.  I hope all is well friend.

37 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Im not sure we have the cap space now that  we have $70 mill to spend.    Fans here ALWAYS think we have the cap space.   Been that way every off-season.   And how has that worked out?  

Well, since Ballard has been here we’re good on cap, average to bad on the outcome.  And I know a lot of that is the plethora of QBs we’ve had.  But I think Ballard has to realize that saving money isn’t winning games.  

So, what’s a good contract for the second most important position on the Offense?  My issue with him is his health.  But $20M for a pro bowl LT is probably the going rate now.  

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m in Hawai’i on vacation.  

I’m doing just fine!     :thmup:

If you’re in Kuaui, see if you can find the Colts visor I lost a few years ago.  Or maybe that was on the Big Island.

Have fun!

12 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Well, since Ballard has been here we’re good on cap, average to bad on the outcome.  And I know a lot of that is the plethora of QBs we’ve had.  But I think Ballard has to realize that saving money isn’t winning games.  

So, what’s a good contract for the second most important position on the Offense?  My issue with him is his health.  But $20M for a pro bowl LT is probably the going rate now.  

It isn’t the going rate for a good LT.   It’s the going rate for the top 3-4 LTs.   And I don’t see us affording him.   

12 minutes ago, LiveAndLetAddai said:

Where???? I did Diamond Head and the North shore of Oahu....just jealous!  Enjoy Brother!

We’re not far from Diamond Head right now.   

We’re on Oahu for my wife’s family.    But next week, we move over to Maui to go whale watching, which we love!   It’s peak season for that so we will be out in the water every day to see them up close!   

We’re on Oahu for my wife’s family.    But next week, we move over to Maui to go whale watching, which we love!   It’s peak season for that so we will be out in the water every day to see them up close!   

I love Maui 

Enjoy Brother!

Just now, LiveAndLetAddai said:

Enjoy Brother!

Oh, Mahalo!

It isn’t the going rate for a good LT.   It’s the going rate for the top 3-4 LTs.   And I don’t see us affording him.   

Don’t want to waste your time while you’re on vacay.  But I think if we really are pushing the chips in, and the big guy lives up to his promise of doing everything he can… then it’s not too much. 

Again, I’m making the assumption that he’s healthy.  I’d rather have a known talent than the revolving door at that spot.  And anyone we get that is good is going to cost big.  

We can afford him, and a decent WR.  I’d love to get an Edge too.  Chips in baby!

12 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Don’t want to waste your time while you’re on vacay.  But I think if we really are pushing the chips in, and the big guy lives up to his promise of doing everything he can… then it’s not too much. 

Again, I’m making the assumption that he’s healthy.  I’d rather have a known talent than the revolving door at that spot.  And anyone we get that is good is going to cost big.  

We can afford him, and a decent WR.  I’d love to get an Edge too.  Chips in baby!

Its Monopoly money!   

Quarterback.           Check

Top Left Tackle.       Check

Pass rushing DE.      Check

Top Wide Receiver.   Check

Dont look now, but our $70 mill is gone.   And we only have 20-30 more players to sign!

Even with the most money to spend, we don’t have as much as you think we do.   Now, we might if we announce some contract restructures,  but so far, it’s oddly quiet in that front.  

PS — Don’t worry about bothering me.   This is my lifeline to civilization!    :thmup:

1 hour ago, LiveAndLetAddai said:

He was average, nothing more.  He profiled as a RT.

I agree with you. Haven’t had a LT since Tarik. He was average at best. Never made a probowl. No first team All Pro. Always got beat by Robert Quinn. He was doing it since college lol. Like you I’m not saying he was bad. He was just average. The only reason he was here is the fact the Patriots picked Nate Solder before us. Heck Anthony missed his first year as well. 

1 hour ago, loudnproudcolt said:

I hope Fisher gets around 15 Million a year. It means we will get a 3rd round Comp pick for him next year, and that would give us three third rounders as ammo to move up in the first round if we don't find a QB during the off season!

Possibly another if Brown gets hired somewhere.  As for AC he was above average.  Good not great. The second half of his career was far better than the first half. People tend to forget he was also one of the lineman getting Luck killed early in his career. 

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Nothing about signing a player — any player — for $20 mill per year is elementary.  

Not for a guy who wants $20 mill - plus!   I’m keeping up!  

If both sides want it done then it would be.

Your point seemed to be that the Colts would struggle to find the money to give out a $20m per year contract this off-season. That's clearly not the case. If they wanted to sign a player in a deal like that, they easily could.

18 hours ago, loudnproudcolt said:

I hope Fisher gets around 15 Million a year. It means we will get a 3rd round Comp pick for him next year, and that would give us three third rounders as ammo to move up in the first round if we don't find a QB during the off season!

Only if we don't go hunting this year, and we will..

10 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

We could have been all set at left tackle if we signed a healthy, younger, better Leno last year but the genius wanted an older guy coming off Achilles surgery.

Find your post from last offseason wanting him.     Bet you can't. 

11 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

We could have been all set at left tackle if we signed a healthy, younger, better Leno last year but the genius wanted an older guy coming off Achilles surgery.

Leno wasn’t better.   And the Genius wasn’t alone in wanting him.   I’m sure the rest of the staff was on board too.   Ask yourself this….  If Leno was so good, why did Chicago let him walk without making a decent offer or even having a replacement?   For some reason they were willing to let him go.  

As for Fisher, we gambled he’d be better by the second half of the season.   I’m sure his medicals played a part in that.   Fisher is a much better player than this webpage will give him credit for.   His reputation has been poisoned here by the most agenda driven poster on the site.   He’s wrong as he typically is.   But too many have bought his nonsense hook,  line and sinker. 

We hoped he’d be agreeable to a second contract.   At least for now, he’s putting a premium on money over a good fit.   Will that change?   I guess it depends on the market Fisher finds.   His agent is banking Fisher will get much more than CB was willing to offer.   We will soon find out. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Leno wasn’t better.   And the Genius wasn’t alone in wanting him.   I’m sure the rest of the staff was on board too.   Ask yourself this….  If Leno was so good, why did Chicago let him walk without making a decent offer or even having a replacement?   For some reason they were willing to let him go.  

As for Fisher, we gambled he’d be better by the second half of the season.   I’m sure his medicals played a part in that.   Fisher is a much better player than this webpage will give him credit for.   His reputation has been poisoned here by the most agenda driven poster on the site.   He’s wrong as he typically is.   But too many have bought his nonsense hook,  line and sinker. 

We hoped he’d be agreeable to a second contract.   At least for now, he’s putting a premium on money over a good fit.   Will that change?   I guess it depends on the market Fisher finds.   His agent is banking Fisher will get much more than CB was willing to offer.   We will soon find out. 

Umm...it was a cost cutting move by the Bears. They drafted Jenkins for their left tackle of the future. If Leno isn't any good, I wonder why Washington just inked him to a long term deal?

2 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Umm...it was a cost cutting move by the Bears. They drafted Jenkins for their left tackle of the future. If Leno isn't any good, I wonder why Washington just inked him to a long term deal?

Leno had the best year of his career with Washington.   Good for him.  He bet on himself and won.  I always respect that. 

But no one lets a good LT walk over cheap money.   And that’s what it would’ve been.   Plus,  everything I read says Jenkins is the teams Right Tackle of the future, not the Left. He played mostly the right last year as many here predicted he would.    So the Bears could’ve had Leno on the Left side and Jenkins on the right for a year at least.  

Leno had the best year of his career with Washington.   Good for him.  He bet on himself and won.  I always respect that. 

But no one lets a good LT walk over cheap money.   And that’s what it would’ve been.   Plus,  everything I read says Jenkins is the teams Right Tackle of the future, not the Left. He played mostly the right last year as many here predicted he would.    So the Bears could’ve had Leno on the Left side and Jenkins on the right for a year at least.  

You're wrong but that's ok. It's not the first time.

Archived