Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Paye & dayo

jbaron04

We need them, and Turay to pick it up.  

As long as Fluse refuses to rush more than four, they have to start making them quit doubling Buckner.

I hate the third and longs where their QB has time to scan the field and find the empty spot of the zone.    Happens way too often.   

I said in the post game thread this was kinda their coming out party.  Paye has already become the Colts most consistent pass rusher.  He’s living the back field the past couple of games.  I was glad he finally good home.  I also said in the Autry thread in three years we are going to be glad the Colts have Paye and Dayo and not Autry and that was before Dayo had the game sealing strip today.  Things like that tend to build confidence for rookies and help them develop.  It’s also a good sign he’s really only three games into career and he’s made a game changing play.  Simply put the Colts won today because their two rookies out played the Jags big rookie.  

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I hate the third and longs where their QB has time to scan the field and find the empty spot of the zone.    Happens way too often.   

Yeah, it was excruciating most of the day.  Not to rain on anyone's parade, but no one is really flashing or jumping off the screen.  

Thankfully Lawrence is an inaccurate rookie.  Can't wait for Buffalo and Brady.  lol

23 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I said in the post game thread this was kinda their coming out party.  Paye has already become the Colts most consistent pass rusher.  He’s living the back field the past couple of games.  I was glad he finally good home.  I also said in the Autry thread in three years we are going to be glad the Colts have Paye and Dayo and not Autry and that was before Dayo had the game sealing strip today.  Things like that tend to build confidence for rookies and help them develop.  It’s also a good sign he’s really only three games into career and he’s made a game changing play.  Simply put the Colts won today because their two rookies out played the Jags big rookie.  

I don’t think fans were saying they wanted Autry over paye. Why cant we have him in addition to him.

I think Paye is going to be a great player for us for a long time. I’d bet money on it. I can see him just continue to get better and better each game, each year. By year 3-4 he’s going to be a force. His work ethic will make sure of it.

I hope Dayo will be just as good. Just don’t have a read on him yet. 

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

This is an old excuse that is floated here far to much. We see Gm's all over the league working the salary cap in there favor and making things happen that didnt seem possible if you just look at the basic numbers. Ballard refuses to adapt IMO. When the salary goes up every year your not always selling the future, this is what other GM's have figured out that Ballard has not. IMO it has handicapped the team.

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Need to see the replay but I think their long TD run down the side line happened because Paye failed to set the edge.  I believe he totally committed to an inside move.  

From what I remember they stacked a TE on that side and he never got off the line.  Completely boxed him in.

4 hours ago, Smonroe said:

We need them, and Turay to pick it up.  

As long as Fluse refuses to rush more than four, they have to start making them quit doubling Buckner.

I hate how Matt always plays soft defense and we barely ever challenge people at the line to disrupt there routes 

6 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Paye was pretty noticeable today. He was getting to Lawrence a lot and finally got sack credit. I believe Paye is still dinged up from a few weeks ago too so he should play better when healthy. I think he’s had a nagging hamstring injury. 

He said he reinjured  his ankle that he hurt earlier in season too. Glad to see he was able to finish game.

2 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

This is an old excuse that is floated here far to much. We see Gm's all over the league working the salary cap in there favor and making things happen that didnt seem possible if you just look at the basic numbers. Ballard refuses to adapt IMO. When the salary goes up every year your not always selling the future, this is what other GM's have figured out that Ballard has not. IMO it has handicapped the team.

Fans want moves for the Right Now.   Ballard is interested in moves that will help his team for the now and the longest stretch of the future.   

Just a few months ago fans here clamored  for Ballard to trade high picks for Julio Jones. How has that worked out for Tennessee?   The team may be doing well, but Jones has played almost no part in that success.  The deal has not paid off fir the Titans and it wouldn’t have for the Colts.   

You can call it failure to adapt if you want.  Ballard clearly views it as extending the window for his team to be good for as long as possible.   Fans can afford to think about right now.  A good GM has to think about now,  the rest of the season, the next season and so on.   Big difference.   I’m sure you’ll disagree. 

21 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Fans want moves for the Right Now.   Ballard is interested in moves that will help his team for the now and the longest stretch of the future.   

Just a few months ago fans here clamored  for Ballard to trade high picks for Julio Jones. How has that worked out for Tennessee?   The team may be doing well, but Jones has played almost no part in that success.  The deal has not paid off fir the Titans and it wouldn’t have for the Colts.   

You can call it failure to adapt if you want.  Ballard clearly views it as extending the window for his team to be good for as long as possible.   Fans can afford to think about right now.  A good GM has to think about now,  the rest of the season, the next season and so on.   Big difference.   I’m sure you’ll disagree. 

Regarding Julio, I didn't want him either and said that in several posts when we didn't sign him. I was more concerned with the D and wanted Autry or Houston back. Julio is washed.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Perhaps not Julio but you can't deny another wr who can separate and catch would take this offense to the next level

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding Julio, I didn't want him either and said that in several posts when we didn't sign him. I was more concerned with the D and wanted Autry or Houston back. Julio is washed.

I think most of us wanted Autry back. Houston wasn’t as much a priority for fans. I too am glad we didn’t pursue Julio. 

10 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Salary cap dropped by 30 mill for this season... 

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

lol you don't know what ill disagree or a agree upon. Your post makes sense if the team is getting better. This team has taken a huge step backwards.

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

Perhaps not Julio but you can't deny another wr who can separate and catch would take this offense to the next level

I’d like one of those too.   So, I won’t deny.   But I won’t complain when we don’t sign guys like Jackson or Beckham.    They have talent, but it’s not clear they fit.   And both were clear wanting to go to a Super Bowl contending team.   We don’t look like that, so that hurts our cause.   

2 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

lol you don't know what ill disagree or a agree upon. Your post makes sense if the team is getting better. This team has taken a huge step backwards.

I think the team has taken a step backwards, but I don’t see it as huge.   I don’t think we will make the playoffs this year.  But I don’t think we’re a bottom-10 team either.   I see upside for this season.  I think we’ve found our long term answers at the following spots…..

QB, LT, RDE, LDE.    Those are four of the most important spots in football.  And we did it in one season.  

Next year, I expect Wentz, Fisher,  Paye and Dayo to all be improved.   And, as a patient fan, I think we will win the AFC South and not just get into the playoffs as a Wild Card.  My expectations will be higher next year.   We need to fix our secondary on defense and get more weapons on offense.  I think Ballard can do that with FA and the draft. 

I meant no disrespect with my comment about you disagreeing.  But you had a strong opinion that I disagreed with.  I didn’t expect you to change your mind because of my post. That’s all I was trying to say.   No insult intended. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think the team has taken a step backwards, but I don’t see it as huge.   I don’t think we will make the playoffs this year.  But I don’t think we’re a bottom-10 team either.   I see upside for this season.  I think we’ve found our long term answers at the following spots…..

QB, LT, RDE, LDE.    Those are four of the most important spots in football.  And we did it in one season.  

Next year, I expect Wentz, Fisher,  Paye and Dayo to all be improved.   And, as a patient fan, I think we will win the AFC South and not just get into the playoffs as a Wild Card.  My expectations will be higher next year.   We need to fix our secondary on defense and get more weapons on offense.  I think Ballard can do that with FA and the draft. 

I meant no disrespect with my comment about you disagreeing.  But you had a strong opinion that I disagreed with.  I didn’t expect you to change your mind because of my post. That’s all I was trying to say.   No insult intended. 

I agree we have improved in a lot of areas, id just like to see Ballard take a more aggressive approach to building the team. I think the NFL has changed and building solely through the draft is kind of a thing of the past. Just my opinion though.

I still think Ballard is a great GM and we would be dumb to let him go. Id see the coaches go before Ballard 100%. I think finding that QB was the biggest burden on his shoulder and so far it looks like we have that now. 

11 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I agree we have improved in a lot of areas, id just like to see Ballard take a more aggressive approach to building the team. I think the NFL has changed and building solely through the draft is kind of a thing of the past. Just my opinion though.

I still think Ballard is a great GM and we would be dumb to let him go. Id see the coaches go before Ballard 100%. I think finding that QB was the biggest burden on his shoulder and so far it looks like we have that now. 

I think you and I and others will get some of what we are hoping for.    

I think Ballard will try to address some areas in Free Agency, like the secondary, and maybe a WR.   But I don’t see him spending big on anyone other than Nelson and Fisher.   Everyone else I think will either be mid-priced or he’ll look for bargains in the discount isle.  I think he’ll try to find better/younger than Rhodes and Carrie in FA.   

I think Ballard might be more willing to improve the team via free agency because I think we need more vets who are ready to deliver right away.  Next year, I don’t think we want to depend on rookies to fill key spots.  Sometimes they do, but as we’ve all seen, sometimes they don’t. 

15 hours ago, #12. said:

Yeah, it was excruciating most of the day.  Not to rain on anyone's parade, but no one is really flashing or jumping off the screen.  

Thankfully Lawrence is an inaccurate rookie.  Can't wait for Buffalo and Brady.  lol

Really?  It was excruciating most of the day? Lawrence scanning the zone and finding the weak spots on 3 and long? Come on.... I know the opponent was far from high end, but they completed their THIRD pass of the game with about 120 seconds left in the first half..... 

Now.... I agree with you that that ain't gonna cut it vs. Buff or Tampa.... 

2 hours ago, IrsaysArmy said:

What are we going to do at WR? I think that’s our weakest position at the moment

I think we will draft one and sign a mid-level free agent as well.  

I think TYH retires, and I’m not sure what happens with Pascal? 

Next year, I think Strachan is a top-4 receiver in the group.   And we’ll see who else steps up, if any….

This is where I look at things differently. We DID go after FAs. We signed Darius, Smith, Hines and soon Q. Yes technically some weren't FAs but they would have been had we not saved the money for them. 

In the past few years he's signed Rhodes, Autry, Houston, TY, Fisher and traded for Wentz and Buckners big salaries among others. So while you can question whether some moves have paid off or not, he has been just about right in spending imo.

I do question the TY 10 million, but him being a Colts legend, I get it. 

Archived