Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets @ Colts, TNF, November 4, 2021, 8:20PM

NFLfan

Complaint time …

Up by 18, you have all the momentum, JUST TAKE THE BLOODY FG!!!  It puts you up by 3 TDs, thus making a possible comeback that much more remote.  It is this type of disregard for point differential decisions that drive me crazy in a bad way about Frank Reich. <face palm>

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

Didn’t like the wildcat look. Still too much cute % for my liking. This offense is legit. We don’t need to use gadgetry, trickery, and flat out gimmickry to make good plays. We’re good enough to just line up and execute. 

Shark Tank Laugh GIF by ABC Network

• Like 1

Frank lettin us know he’s still calling the plays.

”a strong go” from the academics in the press box.

take the 3 Frank.  Wth?

no big deal i guess, but those are exactly the type of momentum swings we’ve seen in past.  Deja Vu.

while it shouldnt matter, its not understanding the feel of a game.  Imo, of course.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Hey Frank...3pts isn't a bad thing...jesus

Going for it paid off there now we will get great field position back, that is the point of going for it down at the goaline when you are up big. Some people say Frank don't take you your foot off the pedal and when he goes for it some people complain. If this was only a 7 point game, I agree you take the 3. If we go up 35-10 he can take our starters out and he knows that. Anyone that jumps on Frank after this game must really be drinking. This is the best game he has called all year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Frank lettin us know he’s still calling the plays.

”a strong go” from the academics in the press box.

take the 3 Frank.  Wth?

no big deal i guess, but those are exactly the type of momentum swings we’ve seen in past.  Deja Vu.

while it shouldnt matter, its not understanding the feel of a game.  Imo, of course.

In this game I don’t mind the call. The Jets aren’t gonna get anything going. This one is pretty close to over. They’re not an offense capable of coming back on us. 

That situation against Buffalo, or Tampa? Yeah take the freaking points. But to Reich it’s just all the same and he’s going to go for it almost every time no matter the opponent or situation. 

1 minute ago, rockywoj said:

Complaint time …

Up by 18, you have all the momentum, JUST TAKE THE BLOODY FG!!!  It puts you up by 3 TDs, thus making a possible comeback that much more remote.  It is this type of disregard for point differential decisions that drive me crazy in a bad way about Frank Reich. <face palm>

Im with ya bud.

we’ve seen this.  And not just this year.

Overall, i like Frank and the offense.  It’s just undeniable that, on occasion, he calls a play on 4th down or a key moment that sets us up for failure or gives a team with little hope a glimpse of a light.  3 or 4 this year.  Games we are cruising along with control.

Up 18, with chance to go 3 tds up?  Instead, u give them momentum.  Shouldnt matter here, bit Rams?  Ravens?  Titans?  Looks familiar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Going for it paid off there now we will get great field position back, that is the point of going for it down at the goaline when you are up big. Some people say Frank don't take you your foot off the pedal and when he goes for it some people complain. If this was only a 7 point game, I agree you take the 3. If we go up 35-10 he can take our starters out and he knows that. Anyone that jumps on Frank after this game must really be drinking. This is the best game he has called all year.

I repeat and it worked because we got great field position back, now game over. You can rest Wentz and Taylor and Pittman now.