Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets @ Colts, TNF, November 4, 2021, 8:20PM

NFLfan

5 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

It’s just feels like the injuries are messing with their cohesion. 

We went from top 5 (pass D) early last year when playing bad Os/QBs to bottom 10ish by end of year... 

4 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

The secondary wasn't all that deep/talented to start with. Rhodes is solid but still shows signs of being a re-tread. Kenny is Kenny of course. 

Yup. Safety play has been very questionable even with starters heathy, and our "best" DB (Moore) who is healthy is having a very down year. 

2 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Anyone at game and can keep us posted what they are doing with Taylor?

(i saw holders tweet)

They could just be giving him a long rest, this drive will lead to halftime.

If he's not out there for the 1st series of the 3rd Quarter, then I'd worry.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

True, but coaching will have an influence in that. Though most will obviously coach these days to be aggressive in going for the punch out over wrapping up. 

How do you square our very good run D? Is that just individual performance too?

Well our run defense is good but, our pass defense is terrible. If this was a defense 20 years ago it would be fantastic, but it doesn't fit in today's league.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

At least now they have a good excuse to ice our best player in the 2nd half 

not sure if I'm kidding or not... I'll let you know.. 

hopefully after the half they don’t lose

sight of what’s been working 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I won't blame it on injuries, but I would have liked to see how it looked without losing anyone resembling a safety.

Agreed. Willis has a very rough start though and was healthy all that time. 

I really hope we address S (starter upgrade or depth) in the off season.

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Three steps. Play was over. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

We went from top 5 (pass D) early last year when playing bad Os/QBs to bottom 10ish by end of year... 

Yup. Safety play has been very questionable even with starters heathy, and our "best" DB (Moore) who is healthy is having a very down year. 

Kenny is a better player with better players around him in the secondary (duh). What I mean is I think it gives us more confidence to use him in more creative ways. I may be way wrong but I'm sure we were more aggressive blitzing him prior to this season.

• Like 1