Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mack and Colts mutually agree to seek trade (Merge)

JediXMan

Marlin Mack is maybe our best back.  Lets face it, our OL is not opening up big holes. Mack has the BEST vision of our backs and makes something out of nothing, which JT or Hines does not.  Remember Mack was our best back in 2019 and had over 1,000 yards.  He deserved to have more carries this season and imo given our OL, makes more guys MISS.  You play the RB that fit your system and Macks fits our system right now best.  Taylor is best when the OL opens up big holes and has good straight line speed, not a real good Juker. I honestly think we will be sorry we let Mack go, as potentially could our best back.  People are so short sided no days, he should be given a change, especially since our RB have not been impressive so far.  JT looks like he did early last year.  He leaves way too many yards on the table and many times makes the wrong cut and does NOT MAXIMIZE potential yards, again, should have given Mack more carries.  I blame the coaching staff on this one, give him a chance and he is good change of pace, 12 carries is not nearly enough, so sad, we will be sorry he is gone:(

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Indeee said:

Yea I'm shocked at all the people who are actually upset about this. Mack is not that good. I don't know what you all are seeing here? He is decent, but you all are acting like he's Dalvin Cook or Kamara. I don't get it. 

Mack should have never been resigned. NEVER IMHO. Huge waste of a couple mil. Wilkins is a really good back. 

I'm not trying to discount anyone's personal liking of Mack, but the reality is he is way expendable!

Jets need a back in the worst way at this moment, but I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Vegas or Houston came a calling. 

I was hoping Atlanta or Miami wanted him during offseason, but my money would be on the Jets right now

Wilkins is worse than mack

Something a little off topic here but has to do with trades. Do you guys think there is any possibility they didn’t play Eason or make him the backup Sunday because there is a trade brewing with him? I was just thinking about this since Mack was a healthy scratch Sunday. Seems they didn’t want him anywhere near the field.

13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

They are on par but are different types of backs.  Mack is more patient and hits the hole when it opens.   Wilkins is a straight ahead hard back.   I would much rather see Wilkins in 3rd and one than Hines.

I mean that’s also because you know exactly what play is coming, too. Maybe with a better coach Hines would be a much more dangerous player in those situations. 

2 hours ago, Nate! said:

Seems like when stories like this come out, the player is ultimately released.  

If you do the math, former 4th Rd pick and coming off serious injury, equates to not so much in a trade or outright release. And we’re talking RB here. 

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

Folks here, are setting themselves up for disappointment, thinking Marlon’s going to fetch much. 

Yeah, however if the 6th rounder is from a team like the Jets or even Bears, it will turn out to be a good 6th rounder, IMO.

Another pathetic move by CB.  Why not give Marlon a chance to help this team this year.  I like JT, but Marlon should be given more touches now, to see how he has recovered.  our RB were averaging less than 3.8 ypc the 1st 2 games.  Why not give him some more carries than 12, makes no sense.  We are not going to get much value in a Trade, play him and see what he can do, we are 0-3, we don’t have a lot to lose.  You never gave him a chance to prove he his healthy again, why resign him and not give him a fair chance, makes NO sense? 

1 minute ago, NorthernColt said:

Mack had also rushed for over 1000 yards in this league, which Michel hasn't even sniffed. Production > Pedigree.

One season at 1091 yds to be precise.

S. Michel two 900 plus rush seasons. 

Huge, huge difference in production. You win!

11 minutes ago, NorthernColt said:

LOL feel free to pretend Michels stock hasn't been trending downward since the day he entered the league.

A couple things, first I’d didn’t bring Michel’s into the conversation. Read through the entire thread, someone else did.

Two, your logic would go against Ballard trading for a declining C. Wentz. Right????

8 minutes ago, NorthernColt said:

No need for a rebuttal here. MPStack knows all.

I don’t know all. I just give an honest opinion that many like you don’t like to hear. I give just a couple examples.

Brissett was not a good QB, D. Cain was JAG, and Ballard’s God like status, was way premature. 

All true and probably hurt some feelings. Probably your too. 

8 minutes ago, MPStack said:

A couple things, first I’d didn’t bring Michel’s into the conversation. Read through the entire thread, someone else did.

Two, your logic would go against Ballard trading for a declining C. Wentz. Right????

I don’t know all. I just give an honest opinion that many like you don’t like to hear. I give just a couple examples.

Brissett was not a good QB, D. Cain was JAG, and Ballard’s God like status, was way premature. 

All true and probably hurt some feelings. Probably your too. 

Not sure how any of your comparibles are relevant at all. RBs especially being different breeds than QBs and GMs lol. Michel was clearly trending downward, and got a 4th and a 6th. Mack was clearly trending upward. To say its ridiculous to expect a 4th and a 6th is not true imo.

10 hours ago, CR91 said:

I'm putting my money on the jets. They need a RB and there's history

Wouldn't mind trading players with the Jets as well.  Swap Mack for IDL Taven Bryan, a former first round pick who's contract is also set to expire after this season.  Pretty much the Colts whole IDL contracts expire after this year (Williams, Stallworth, Woods and Windsor).  

2 minutes ago, NorthernColt said:

Not sure how any of your comparibles are relevant at all. RBs especially being different breeds than QBs and GMs lol. Michel was clearly trending downward, and got a 4th and a 6th. Mack was clearly trending upward. To say its ridiculous to expect a 4th and a 6th is not true imo.

How’s it not relevant? Both 1st Rd picks and declining. 

Michel’s and Mack’s numbers are very, very similar. 

Mack just came back from a major injury and has done nothing, that’s going to get a 4th and a 6th. Two years ago and healthy, absolutely and maybe more.

Honestly, I don’t know why we’re arguing about this. 

Go Colts!

6 minutes ago, MPStack said:

How’s it not relevant? Both 1st Rd picks and declining. 

Michel’s and Mack’s numbers are very, very similar. 

Mack just came back from a major injury and has done nothing, that’s going to get a 4th and a 6th. Two years ago and healthy, absolutely and maybe more.

Honestly, I don’t know why we’re arguing about this. 

Go Colts!

Hard to argue comparing QBs to RBs

45 minutes ago, NorthernColt said:

Mack had also rushed for over 1000 yards in this league, which Michel hasn't even sniffed. Production > Pedigree.

Mack is also coming off a major injury that is often career ending for running backs and while he has proven he can still play he hasn’t proven he can play at the same level he did before the injury.  That’s unknown right now.  He’s also only on a one year deal where as Michel had multiple years on his deal.  All and all those factors will lower his value.

Archived