Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mack and Colts mutually agree to seek trade (Merge)

JediXMan

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Last week the game was close. 

10-14 at half, 13-14 at the end of the 3rd.

Those are not scores that force you to abandon the run. Yet Taylor had only 10 rushes.

That's bad play calling and game planning. 

But yes, our RZ% sucks too lol. I'm concerned with that for sure, but for me, it's attributed to play calling too. 

I think we have at least 2 wins with  better red zone offense 

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Nickster said:

Maybe they don’t want to look bad if it turns out to be better than the guy they drafted so high and the guy we paid 10 mill to?  Asking for a friend.  He said Marlon was a top tier pass protector too.

Or they are trying to get something out of an asset they don't plan on using.    

20 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

If they're scared to face Mack, why is he not being used? What if we let Mack run the plays where hines goes up the middle? Bro im so confused. What is happening to this team. 

I feel i’m seeing some disfunction as well.  Some questionable roster moves.  (Some not welcomed by players)

“Coach-speak” not lining up with (perceived) reality.  Questionable preparedness and play-calling.  Questionable use of assets (players.)

I just dont recognize this team at the moment.  I expected rust, but these guys look sluggish and a little lost.   Bum deal.

4 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Honestly, I always thought we were gonna trade Mack, when we resigned him I thought it was just the organization doing him a solid because no one was gonna sign a RB coming off an achilles when the RB market was already full of veteran RBs

I thought it was more than a solid. We paid him 2M, which puts him near the top of RB2 pay. A solid would be vet min.

So right now, our RB1 is on a rook contract making under 2M (40th), Mack is 39th right at 2M, and our APB/RB2 is 11th.... 

It's either the rotation fit, or he's not himself. We didn't really see enough to make a call, but he didn't look bad to me.

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I think we have at least 2 wins with  better red zone offense 

I think we'd have 2 wins with better coaching (that includes RZ play calls, and play selection)

I've seen some put this on execution, but I'm not buying it. We were a bad RZ team last year, and Rivers was highly efficient all year and our OL strong. Our playing calling was simply predictable and bad when we weren't between the 20s. And being predictable just makes execution all the more harder.

15 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Honestly, I always thought we were gonna trade Mack, when we resigned him I thought it was just the organization doing him a solid because no one was gonna sign a RB coming off an achilles when the RB market was already full of veteran RBs

Yeah but this was not the Colts just openly trading him. He approached them an requested it bc he wants to play instead of ride pine. I can see your take though.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Yeah but this was not the Colts just openly trading him. He approached them an requested it bc he wants to play instead of ride pine. I can see your take though.

Yeah, we just gave him the luxury of earning a paycheck while he rehabilitates instead of being a free agent.

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think we'd have 2 wins with better coaching (that includes RZ play calls, and play selection)

I've seen some put this on execution, but I'm not buying it. We were a bad RZ team last year, and Rivers was highly efficient all year and our OL strong. Our playing calling was simply predictable and bad when we weren't between the 20s. And being predictable just makes execution all the more harder.

If I can predict the play call watching on television,   I'm guessing the opposing DC knows as well

26 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Yeah, we just gave him the luxury of earning a paycheck while he rehabilitates instead of being a free agent.

Yep. Got to finish his rehab with the team too since he wasn’t a 100% in Match when we signed him. This entire thing was probably better for him in the long run to rather then getting signed someone somewhere else in FA. Then after he finished rehab he got to go through a training camp to prove he is healthy.

37 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Last week it was execution. Pascal drops a TD pass at the two yard line and Wentz overthrows a wide open Pittman.  It’s not surprising to me with basically only a handful of practices. Playbook is still probably not all open with the missed time either. 

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Last week it was execution. Pascal drops a TD pass at the two yard line and Wentz overthrows a wide open Pittman.  It’s not surprising to me with basically only a handful of practices. Playbook is still probably not all open with the missed time either. 

Last week the play calling and game plan sucked. 

You simply run more than 16 times vs a mediocre run D.

And when your QB is gimpy, it makes it even more of a no brainer.

One drop doesn't erase that.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Last week the play calling and game plan sucked. 

You simply run more than 16 times vs a mediocre run D.

And when your QB is gimpy, it makes it even more of a no brainer.

One drop doesn't erase that.

I actually thought it was good until he stopped running in the 4th quarter.  He was right in his presser they  didn’t have the the ball that much in the first half. We did very well on our 4th down calls. Big improvement. You can’t run if you don’t have the ball. I will get on him in the 4th for not running it more when you have a gimpy QB but overall I thought the game plan was pretty good with Wentz limitations and the bad oline. I don’t know why everyone is so surprised with execution being off with the way camp unfolded. 

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I actually thought it was good until he stopped running in the 4th quarter.  He was right in his presser they  didn’t have the the ball that much in the first half. We did very well on our 4th down calls. Big improvement. You can’t run if you don’t have the ball. I will get on him in the 4th for not running it more when you have a gimpy QB but overall I thought the game plan was pretty good with Wentz limitations and the bad oline. I don’t know why everyone is so surprised with execution being off with the way camp unfolded. 

When we did have the ball, we could have run it more, especially early downs, instead of putting the pressure on Wentz.

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Two touchdowns missed because players didn’t execute.  

And we had three, 3 or 4 and outs in the 1st half... 

Only a few runs those series. The one 4 and out started with a run that went for 20+ yards..

Do yourself a favor and go back and look at the 1H series that went no where... 

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Or they are trying to get something out of an asset they don't plan on using.    

You’d play him in that case wouldn’t you?  Why would a team give you anything for a back off an Achilles who has taken 5 carries and is a healthy scratch for an 0 and 3 team?

16 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Beware of his QB sneaks. 

Probably the 1-year highest paid QB sneaker ever in the history of the NFL.... 

2 completions and 17 rushes for 15.8M... 0.83M per positive play (not sure if all the rushes were positive lol).

Nice gig if you can get it.

11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Probably the 1-year highest paid QB sneaker ever in the history of the NFL.... 

2 completions and 17 rushes for 15.8M... 0.83M per positive play (not sure if all the rushes were positive lol).

Nice gig if you can get it.

Should’ve traded him for that 1st Rd pick.

On 9/28/2021 at 2:21 PM, Shive said:

I saw that you said should and my point still stands. The team's response to him seeking a trade was to make him inactive, not to play him to try to drive his value up. Why would they make him inactive last week due to seeking a trade, then suddenly do a 180 and force him into the gameplan. That's absurd.

This is purely unfounded conjecture, especially since Frank has literally never done this before. You may be upset with Frank right now and not have a high opinion of him, but there is a zero % chance Frank throws him into the lineup to try to up his trade value. Mack's value is what it is. Teams have seen him rush for 1k yards pre-injury, and saw in preseason/early regular season that Mack is healthy (maybe not 100% back to where is was from the mental aspect of the injury). He has his established value in teams' eyes and playing him only risks injury that would crash his trade value to 0.

Well this sure aged like milk in an outhouse in the Gobi desert. 

And we’re only at the 2 minute warning in the first half. 

2 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

So…are the Colts gonna trade MM? If they were, why did he get carries today?  Didnt look too bad! Maybe Colts or Mack have had a change of heart! 

Why wouldn't they play him?  I don't see the team trading him unless it's a 4th or better.   I don't see that happening if he is inactive every week

5 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

So…are the Colts gonna trade MM? If they were, why did he get carries today?  Didnt look too bad! Maybe Colts or Mack have had a change of heart! 

I think he will be traded.  He wants to play and be a main contributor again.  That won’t happen playing behind Taylor and Hines.  Today he showed he is healthy and and he is ready to be effective again.  Just what he needed to do.  I think a needy team will pick him up.  I’m still thinking 49ers or Ravens.

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Why wouldn't they play him?  I don't see the team trading him unless it's a 4th or better.   I don't see that happening if he is inactive every week

Showcased him. Thought it was a great idea. Showed that he can still perform for a team that may be interested.

19 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Give Mack credit for playing and risking injury. He could of said I am not playing with a trade possibility. Maybe things will work out and he stays.

Colts are likely not getting calls/offers.

Mack understands he needs to play to up his value/interest.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I think he will be traded.  He wants to play and be a main contributor again.  That won’t happen playing behind Taylor and Hines.  Today he showed he is healthy and and he is ready to be effective again.  Just what he needed to do.  I think a needy team will pick him up.  I’m still thinking 49ers or Ravens.

Raven or 49ers can have them after we done playing him lol

Archived