Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dale Moss

Rashad

I think you guys should check this guy out he could be a late round steal! He had an amazing pro day. He ran an official 4.45 but was times as fast as a 4.38 he ran the fastest three cone either this year or In history I'm not sure but this is unheard of for a dude that is 6'3 we could definetly upgrade the defense and tight end position and get this guy late in the draft as a steal

Apparently he played basketball for 4 years.

The article states - Dale Moss was an all-state basketball and football star in HS in South Dakota. He decided to go to college on a basketball scholarship but he never let football get too far from his mind. Moss spent four years on the Jackrabbits basketball team before using his NCAA granted 5th year of athletics eligibility to see if he could give football one more go.

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/03/south-dakota-state-wr-dale-moss-interview/

Who knows how he could've turned out with 4 years of NCAA football experience. Could be one of those low risk high reward situations.

I say the colts should take him I was reading something on him and he tries to mirror his game after Aj green and of course randy moss if the colts get a player like that the offense could be real dirty

He is intriguing but I'm not too concerned about who he tries to mirror himself after. You never hear of anyone trying to mirror themselves after Hank Basket...well at least football-wise.

Okay, that guy is definitely not a 7th round pick! That's just fricking crazy. The scouts place too much stock in on-field experience. He may be raw, but that's what coaches are for! As for playing basketball, Antonio Gates was also a basketball player and ended up being an undrafted free agent -- we all know how that story turned out!

This guy is further proof the WR talent in this draft is very deep. I'm going to be face-palming if the Colts take a WR in the 2nd round when they could fall on this guy in a much later round.

Okay, that guy is definitely not a 7th round pick! That's just fricking crazy. The scouts place too much stock in on-field experience. He may be raw, but that's what coaches are for! As for playing basketball, Antonio Gates was also a basketball player and ended up being an undrafted free agent -- we all know how that story turned out!

This guy is further proof the WR talent in this draft is very deep. I'm going to be face-palming if the Colts take a WR in the 2nd round when they could fall on this guy in a much later round.

This guy does look very good, but if Stephen Hill is there in the 2nd round, I think we have to take Stephen over this guy.

And can we ever forget Tony Gonzales at Cal? Even we had Morris Pollard who played at Bradley.

I think you guys should check this guy out he could be a late round steal! He had an amazing pro day. He ran an official 4.45 but was times as fast as a 4.38 he ran the fastest three cone either this year or In history I'm not sure but this is unheard of for a dude that is 6'3 we could definetly upgrade the defense and tight end position and get this guy late in the draft as a steal

He does look good but our own Donnie Avery ran a 6.30 in the 3 cone so his is not the fastest in history and would not qualify as fastest at the combine since his result is from a pro day and not the combine. Before I digress though, I think he is worth a draft pick. Most basketball players seem to move to TE. I have always wondered why some guards on the basketball court dont try out for WR on the football field. Grigson seems to be able to find athletes like this so lets hope we can get this one.

He did look very fluid getting in and out of his breaks and his speed and footwork are top notch. His hands though are another story. He doesn't have his hands correct half the time when catching the ball and like Hawkeye said he lets it get into his body. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean he can't learn and be a great prospect. I could see a late round draft pick.....say a compensatory pick at the end of round 5 or in round 6. To be honest these are the guys I like to go for because they have just as much talent as top end receivers but never had the proper coaching. You can't lose taking a guy like this late in the draft. This is partly why I don't like taking a receiver early in the draft unless they are just a freak like Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson. To me you can find talent a lot cheaper and with just as much upside at receiver later. Kinda why I wouldn't take a wr in round 2.

Who the heck is Morris Pollard? :)

I think you mean Marcus Pollard.

That is hilarious....Morris Pollard is a legendary high school basketball coach from Speedway HS in Indiana. I am laughing so hard at myself....thank you for the correction. I almost said I was going to select 'Pete Moss' in the 7th round too! What a flub on my part!! :)

Not impressed - he always lets the ball get into his body vs catching with his hands.

I agree. I saw at least three that he would have dropped had the pads been on. I initially thought he was doing well with his hands, but more and more saw the catches against the body.

Good work-out numbers and descent stats for one year of college against lesser competition. Would be worth a look with one of the 3 7th round draft picks, any earlier than would be a huge reach. Plus when you look at his

, he's not nearly as smooth as his work-out numbers would suggest, he rounds off his routes and is a bit of a lumberer.

Draft him in the 7th give him a year to bulk up to 235+lbs and transition to TE.

Good work-out numbers and descent stats for one year of college against lesser competition. Would be worth a look with one of the 3 7th round draft picks, any earlier than would be a huge reach. Plus when you look at his

, he's not nearly as smooth as his work-out numbers would suggest, he rounds off his routes and is a bit of a lumberer.

Draft him in the 7th give him a year to bulk up to 235+lbs and transition to TE.

The man IS an athlete....

That is hilarious....Morris Pollard is a legendary high school basketball coach from Speedway HS in Indiana. I am laughing so hard at myself....thank you for the correction. I almost said I was going to select 'Pete Moss' in the 7th round too! What a flub on my part!! :)

I knew it was an innocent mistake and that you knew it was Marcus that is why I put the smiley after it. Did not know that about the basketball coach in Speedway.

I knew it was an innocent mistake and that you knew it was Marcus that is why I put the smiley after it. Did not know that about the basketball coach in Speedway.

You actually made my day with that.....I have still been chuckling about it. I told my friend and cannot repeat what he called me....Ha Ha!!!

Sounds like a red zone target.

Not impressed - he always lets the ball get into his body vs catching with his hands.

This might be the dumbest quote i have seen on here in quite some time!!! Evidently you have watched NO game tape of Dale. I've watched this kid since he was in high school. He generally always catches the ball with his hands!!! I believe his hands messured what would have been the 3rd biggest at the combine. He made all kinds of catches across the middle & deep balls. He has great hands!!! I'm a SDSU basketball season ticket holder & watched him last year on the football field too. He is a crazy good athlete!! If you you tube him you will see him doing all kinds of crazy dunks!! Does that always translate to the football field, no. I do believe in this case it will though. You couldn't ask for a better kid either!!! He would definitely be a great added addition to the Colts!! HANDS down!!!

Looks like a physically gifted kid. That said, he is no reason to not draft a guy in 2 or 3 or wherever. If they see the right guy there at 2 or 3, they should take him. As someone else said, there are team like the Raiders and others who may be desperate enough to jump on a guy like this before we're ready to.

Personally, if our line is shaping up like it seems to be, WRs and TEs are something we need to be looking at in the draft. If we're investing a #1 overall pick on a QB, there is no sense dragging him in here with just a select few weapons to throw to. Avery is injury prone, as is Collie. Wayne is on the tail end of his career, and may not be as durable as he once was. Blair White is servicable, and has shown little tendency towards injury. We'll need to add at least 1 if not 2 quality guys in the draft. I could see one being this kid. But I would really like to see an early selection. Someone we bring in right away to learn from one of the best, and someone we expect will be able to take a #1 or #2 spot at receiver on this team in the future.

This might be the dumbest quote i have seen on here in quite some time!!!

I watched the video that was supplied above! EVERY single catch thats right ALL of them got into his body! HOW is my comment dumb? Get over yourself pal! The kid is 7th round or later if at any time at all!