Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dale Moss

Rashad

I watched the video that was supplied above! EVERY single catch thats right ALL of them got into his body! HOW is my comment dumb? Get over yourself pal! The kid is 7th round or later if at any time at all!

Actually, no they weren't.

First catch - short out route caught with his hands

Second catch - short out caught against his shoulder. Pass was poorly thrown

Third catch - short post/slant route caught with hands

Fourth catch - In and out caught against the body but again, pass was poorly thrown

Fifth catch - hitch/hook caught with his hands

Sixth catch - comeback. this one was brought into the body

Seventh catch - appeared to be a Go route and was caught in the body but ball was underthrown

Eight catch - another Go route

Really the only one that he caught against the body that he could have gotten with his hands was the comeback route on the sixth catch.

Actually, no they weren't.

First catch - short out route caught with his hands

Second catch - short out caught against his shoulder. Pass was poorly thrown

Third catch - short post/slant route caught with hands

Fourth catch - In and out caught against the body but again, pass was poorly thrown

Fifth catch - hitch/hook caught with his hands

Sixth catch - comeback. this one was brought into the body

Seventh catch - appeared to be a Go route and was caught in the body but ball was underthrown

Eight catch - another Go route

Really the only one that he caught against the body that he could have gotten with his hands was the comeback route on the sixth catch.

I agree some of those passes were bad and I haven't spent time watching his game tape(is there any?) but what he is referering to is letting it get into his body...not catching it up against it. You are taught to catch the ball arms extended out in front of you...not only does this keep the ball from hitting your pads but it keeps the defender from breaking up the catch and knocking it away. It isn't just catching it with your hands..because obviously he did but WHERE he catches it...and how he has his hands oriented.

To me that isn't that big a deal. That can be coached and worked on. The speed, athleticism, size and ability can't. He would be worthy of a late round pick.

... but what he is referering to is letting it get into his body...not catching it up against it.

I also obviously exaggerated a bit, as there were a few catches where he didn't let the ball eat him up ... but the majority of the passes got in on him.

I agree some of those passes were bad and I haven't spent time watching his game tape(is there any?) but what he is referering to is letting it get into his body...not catching it up against it. You are taught to catch the ball arms extended out in front of you...not only does this keep the ball from hitting your pads but it keeps the defender from breaking up the catch and knocking it away. It isn't just catching it with your hands..because obviously he did but WHERE he catches it...and how he has his hands oriented.

To me that isn't that big a deal. That can be coached and worked on. The speed, athleticism, size and ability can't. He would be worthy of a late round pick.

I think I get what you're saying but for the most part it looked like he was catching the passes correctly, except for the couple I already specified. There were a few he caught with his hands and brought in but he'd have to bring the ball in to his body. He's not going to run after the catch with the ball in his hands but his arms outstretched. So if you're referring to one or two of the catches then I'm with you, but if you're talking about more than that then I'm not seeing what you mean. If that's the case, can you point to one of the specific catches to give an example of what you mean?

Pass 2, 4, 5, and 8 are the passes I am looking at. I know I am being picky but watch exactly where he catches it at. He isn't reaching to meet the pass but waiting for it to get in on him. Those passes aren't perfect but he has to go meet the ball. Those will be passes if defenders are right on his hip....they reach in and knock down. If he catches them earlier they can't get to it. IDK if I am explaining it very well. hmm...I'm tired and I'm not going to look a lot but here is a short clip of Michael Floyds pro day. Just watch on catches 2,3,4,5, and 6 on how he positions his hands and how he extends them away from his body. It is suttle but it is there. This isn't the best video to show you but hopefully you see what I am getting at.

I know it isn't perfect because the passes aren't the same but that is what we should see from Moss on those other passes. He waits just a bit to long and doesn't extend out to catch them. Again...picky but shows he is raw and he hasn't had a lot of coaching. Something that CAN be fixed and to me why he would go later as a project. Perhaps one that could pay off. I would use our 6th round compensatory pick on him. He has athleticism and a huge body. Obviously a freak of an athlete. It was a good find whoever started this subject.

'Member Roy Hall?

You mean the greatest receiver to ever play the game? Of course I remember him.

It was actually Hall of Fame Roy I was thinking of when I posted that.

The difference is this guy at least caught some passes in college. Sure it was in the South Dakota Technical Conference but he had a pretty good year in his one year of football.