Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Kelly at #69

PuntersArePeopleToo

While I know this isnt normally the best thing, the NFL Top 100 Players list came out, and first on it for the Colts at #69 is Ryan Kelly making his debut! https://www.colts.com/news/ryan-kelly-ranked-nfl-network-top-100-players-2021?fbclid=IwAR1I5a_7Rjp4bE3Ws13eWjm3lCeO53467SsKM9qrdPcIbKM0mL7lyF8uykQ 

As the Colts said, it is a Very Nice Spot to Debut

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Braden Smith better make the list as well, along with obviously Buckner, Leonard, and Nelson. 

Kenny Moore should make the list but probably won’t. 

Wouldn’t bet on either.  National media doesn’t given Kenny the love he deserves because they dismiss him as “just” a nickel corner.  The national media also hasn’t discovered Smith yet.  He has gotten lost in Big Q’s shadow.

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Leonard and Buckner didn’t make it. Colts have two and the other is nelson.

Blasphemy. Leonard is highest paid linebacker. That alone should get him on the list. 

Somehow Buckner won’t be on it but Cox and Chris Jones will be top30

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Wouldn’t bet on either.  National media doesn’t given Kenny the love he deserves because they dismiss him as “just” a nickel corner.  The national media also hasn’t discovered Smith yet.  He has gotten lost in Big Q’s shadow.

This vote isn’t done by the National media.

The top 100 for the the NFL Network is voted on by the players. 

3 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Leonard and Buckner didn’t make it. Colts have two and the other is nelson.

We’re only about half way thru the top-100.   Has there been an announcement that Leonard and Buckner didn’t make it?   Or the the Colts only have two on the list?  

You’re saying the Colts only have two and it’s Nelson and Kelly?     That seems beyond strange. 

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

This vote isn’t done by the National media.

The top 100 for the the NFL Network is voted on by the players. 

I didn’t say they did but you know as well anyone that the media plays a large role in players getting the attention they need to be voted into something like this.  

32 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I didn’t say they did but you know as well anyone that the media plays a large role in players getting the attention they need to be voted into something like this.  

I know the media plays whatever part they play.   I wouldn’t begin to know how much influence there is?   I’m sure there are players that get too much media attention and the rest of the players know it and maybe even resent it.   Honestly, no idea. 

I think there’s one large damning aspect to the networks top-100 list.   They never tell you how many players actually vote.   53 players, 32 teams is roughly 1600+ players.   By not telling the number who vote, it leads to concern that the actual number isn’t very high and therefor not very representative.   I think that limits the importance of the list.  To me, it’s a big dark cloud that hangs over the list.   Wish it wasn’t so, but that’s my media view. 

For whatever it’s worth..    I did some more searching….   In one year of the top-100, which was 2013, the network revealed that 481 players voted,  which was considered 28 percent.   And that’s despite the fact that all players are invited to vote. 

As far as I can tell, this is the only time the network has revealed the actual number of players who have voted.   So it looks like they’ve kept it secret.   I don’t think that’s a good look for the network. 

If you think Ryan Kelly doesn't deserve to be on this list, you don't understand football in the slightest. 

Did we have some players get snubbed? Sure. Kelly barely gets talked about. Good for him. Really good video by the NFL too. 

6 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

I mean DeFo is somewhere between the 2nd or 4th (along with Hayward and Jones) best DT in the NFL.

It’s crazy that he wouldn’t make this list.

Both Leonard and Buckner IMO are better. Braden possibly... TY although with him I kind of understand because he's aging... Taylor... 

Archived