Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Preseason games

LJpalmbeacher2

when was the last time you were looking forward to them as much as this season??

Who's not excited to see Wentz play?

And how interesting it will be to see Eason actually in NFL game action? 

Then there's paris Campbell coming off 2 injured seasons..... our 4th round TE.... our big 6th round WR... Mack coming back from injury.... Kwitty...

..Turay..... Tevi.....

Feel free to tell who your most interested in seeing in August. 

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

when was the last time you were looking forward to them as much as this season??

Then there's paris Campbell coming off 2 injured seasons..... our 4th round TE.... our big 6th round WR... Mack coming back from injury.... Kwitty...

..Turay..... Tevi.....

It may be easier to say who we're LEAST interested in seeing in August.

...Never mind, I can't come up with one name on that list.

I always get excited to see the WR group.  But in the past, the back up O lines were so bad the QBs didn't have time to make the throws.

This team is pretty deep, on paper anyway.  So our 2nds should look pretty good.

I expect Ehlinger to be a star, playing in the second half, running for his life, and playing agains guys who won't make teams.

Can't wait!

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

2019. Pre August 24th. 
Team was headed in a great direction. I had tickets to my first game in LA (I live in New Zealand).
Then it all came crumbling down. Not really, but it could have been something special.

I am REALLY looking forward to this season. Feel like we have all the pieces we need to make a big push.

46 minutes ago, RNGDShobby said:

2019. Pre August 24th. 
Team was headed in a great direction. I had tickets to my first game in LA (I live in New Zealand).
Then it all came crumbling down. Not really, but it could have been something special.

I am REALLY looking forward to this season. Feel like we have all the pieces we need to make a big push.

I was at that game.  We were walking back from the stadium to the hotel when we heard the Luck news.

I ran the Colts 5k and earned a medal in my division that day.  But the news kind of ruined the tip.

Anyway, it's a new day!

3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

..Turay..... Tevi.....

Who has the stronger arm Wentz or Eason

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I was at that game.  We were walking back from the stadium to the hotel when we heard the Luck news.

3 hours ago, RNGDShobby said:

2019. Pre August 24th. 

Must have been a slow news day.  The 2019 LA game was Sept. 8, 2019, 2 weeks after Luck's announcement.

5 minutes ago, craigerb said:

Must have been a slow news day.  The 2019 LA game was Sept. 8, 2019, 2 weeks after Luck's announcement.

Haha yeah, I was referring to the season opener. I was still in NZ when he retired.

Maybe Smonroe was meaning the Bears game?

32 minutes ago, RNGDShobby said:

Haha yeah, I was referring to the season opener. I was still in NZ when he retired.

Maybe Smonroe was meaning the Bears game?

Sorry, I did misread.  I was talking about the night Luck announced his retirement.  

One article I looked up said Eason threw 68 yrs into a net while still in Georgia. He's stronger now.  An article from Phila said Wentz threw a ball 70 yrs in the air for a TD.  There were (anonymous) reports that Jalen Morton can throw the length of the field-( but probably not in pads????)

6 hours ago, Stephen said:

Who has the stronger arm Wentz or Eason

Why does it matter...

Who's the better leader,

Who executes the offense better,

Who has the confidence of the coaches???

What matters is Who is the better QB, not Who has the bigger arm!

12 hours ago, jmac_48 said:

Why does it matter...

Who's the better leader,

Jeff George had a cannon....

how did that work out?

I too am excited to see this year's team. I wonder how much if any the starters will play in Game 1 with the shortened preseason. I would think Coach Reich would want to give them a little shakedown before going to the 2s and 3s. The backup quarterback battle should be intriguing with Jacob's big arm and Sam's game experience. I have to admit I don't know much about the other guy. The RBs and WRs also have crowded rooms with some potentially great players. Potentially. I'm taking the over on a 10 win season.

19 hours ago, bleevit said:

I too am excited to see this year's team. I wonder how much if any the starters will play in Game 1 with the shortened preseason. I would think Coach Reich would want to give them a little shakedown before going to the 2s and 3s. The backup quarterback battle should be intriguing with Jacob's big arm and Sam's game experience. I have to admit I don't know much about the other guy. The RBs and WRs also have crowded rooms with some potentially great players. Potentially. I'm taking the over on a 10 win season.

I hope they win ten or more.... 10-7 would be a disappointed fan right here

On 5/27/2021 at 12:03 AM, jmac_48 said:

Why does it matter...

Who's the better leader,

If Wentz gets hurt guess whose playing

On 5/26/2021 at 8:59 PM, jimmy g said:

One article I looked up said Eason threw 68 yrs into a net while still in Georgia. He's stronger now.  An article from Phila said Wentz threw a ball 70 yrs in the air for a TD.  There were (anonymous) reports that Jalen Morton can throw the length of the field-( but probably not in pads????)

I remember a video lastyear of Eason throwing 65yrd balls standing flat-footed on the goal line, no hip rotation. Just arm strength. It was impressive.

18 minutes ago, KelownaColtsFan said:

I remember a video lastyear of Eason throwing 65yrd balls standing flat-footed on the goal line, no hip rotation. Just arm strength. It was impressive.

And Cardale Jones has a stronger arm than both of them.  I saw him throwing over 70 yards with no effort during the 15 Spring game.

Joe Montana had an average arm.  Brady doesn't exactly have a gun.

Arm, mind, mobility... they're all important.  QB mind - ability to get your team in the right set, read defenses, and quickly make reads - the most important ability IMHO.

Not really Wentz for me.

I feel the offense will be too vanilla to get a true look at what this offense will be like with him from preseason game.  (Week 1 vs. Seattle will give a better view of that)

Campbell is someone I already have faith in if he stay's healthy. 

But I want to see Turay's burst back

Paye's pass rush skills vrs the pro's.

Strachan & Eason are going to be who my eye's will be glued to when the offense is out there.

And then ofc how our back LT will perform until Fisher get's back to health.

I want to see how Speed does at LB as well as his place in the pecking order.

The backup OL should be cool too. Reed vs Pinter is one I’ll be watching.

Marvell vs Rock vs Rodgers vs Carrie might be the most important in regards to playing time so don’t want to miss that either.

A year off from preseason has definitely made this years 3 games feel so much more like FOOTBALL in my mind.

On 6/2/2021 at 1:40 PM, Stephen said:

If Wentz gets hurt guess whose playing

It doesn't matter. Name a starter that goes down that the team is a contender please. Aaron Rogers sat on the bench 3 years. Mahommes sat for a year. Our kid may turn out Great. Being in the offense for a year is a big deal. He should be very interesting.

If he starts every game i would bet he doesn't break Goat Mannings Int record. 

Here's more info on the preseason games:

Joint practices with Panthers at Grand Park on Thu/Fri Aug 12/13

Game 1 - Sun Aug 15, Panthers at Colts, 1 pm

Game 2 - Sat Aug 21, Colts at Vikings, 8 pm

Game 3 - Fri Aug 27, Colts at Lions, 7 pm

Archived