Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rodgers wants out

GoColts8818

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me thinks part of this fake QB shuffle talk is driven by media exaggeration. 

The guys who have been moved are the guys the teams wanted to move....like always....and not the guys who want the teams to move them.

Rodgers can just retire if he doesn't want to play for GB.  I don't care for players who talk about quitting their team but still want to play football.   Wilson raised some points, but he never went that far.

I am not always all about players demanding trades but in some situations I don't blame the player. This is one of them. I hope Rodgers gets his wish.

It's crazy how the Packers haven't invested much in their offense. Going all the way back to 2012 all of their first round picks have been on defense except for Jordan Love! They haven't taken a receiver in the first three rounds for like 6 years. It's not like they put together some lights out defense either.

Just seems like there are reasons for him to be frustrated and it's time to move on. If I was one of the best players at the most important position that situation in Green Bay isn't one I'd want to be in at the end of my career. 

14 hours ago, ar7 said:

I am not always all about players demanding trades but in some situations I don't blame the player. This is one of them. I hope Rodgers gets his wish.

It's crazy how the Packers haven't invested much in their offense. Going all the way back to 2012 all of their first round picks have been on defense except for Jordan Love! They haven't taken a receiver in the first three rounds for like 6 years. It's not like they put together some lights out defense either.

Just seems like there are reasons for him to be frustrated and it's time to move on. If I was one of the best players at the most important position that situation in Green Bay isn't one I'd want to be in at the end of my career. 

But Stafford was in that situation and did it with more class.  Wentz may have too.  It seems like Rodgers, and others, try to discuss such things by sending messages through their posse so that the team hears it indirectly.  Maybe not.  

I think both Stafford and Wentz wanted out, but I see them doing it in a quiet professional way where that discussion takes place internally.  Of course, the team has to be cool with the QB moving on too.  

Just seems like Rodgers is trying to use some sort of public humiliation leverage by essentially calling his bosses out as being incompetent roster managers.  I find that tactic to be not a good look for the player.

To the extent any of this was real and he wasn't just trying to mess with the FO on draft day.

On 4/29/2021 at 3:51 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A lot of it has to do with Rodgers resume, he has won a SB. Not only that the Packers slapped him in the face by drafting Jordan Love last year instead of a WR to help him out. Wilson is another example of people not saying he needs to honor his contract either, he said he wanted out of Seattle a couple of months ago and he got not back lash. He has won a SB as well. Watson hasn't won anything and he just signed a huge contract on his own free will. I said at the time when Watson signed that contract it was a huge mistake that Houston will never win anything, he seen dollar signs and it was over.

I think the real reason wants out of Texas is because of all these allegations. I think Watson knew it was going to blow up; he knew thee allegations were coming. It had to as he was being serviced by like 40 women.Sure, he gets traded to another team he still has to deal with all the crap. That being said. He probably thought it would be easier to deal with in Denver.  The whole state of Texans probably wants Watson gone. He goes to Denver and they don't care about his crap. They just think superbowls. Just win baby that's what it is all about.

On 4/30/2021 at 7:22 AM, DougDew said:

Me thinks part of this fake QB shuffle talk is driven by media exaggeration. 

The guys who have been moved are the guys the teams wanted to move....like always....and not the guys who want the teams to move them.

Rodgers can just retire if he doesn't want to play for GB.  I don't care for players who talk about quitting their team but still want to play football.   Wilson raised some points, but he never went that far.

Rodgers is  the rare case where I kind of side with him. Not one 1st rounder has been spent on an offensive player during his tenure.  They continually draft 1st rounders on defense with no results. He goes into the playoffs and it is all on him. At least Manning was afforded numerous 1st rounders. The only 1st rounder they pick is a qb and that is after going 13 and 3. They never consulted him. U go 13 and 3 and u add players that can help u win now. If that is Trevor Lawrence sliding and u trade up for him in the 1st round, I get it. Yes I was exaggerating. Last I said Love was a 2nd rounder at best when fans here wanted him at pick 13. Rodgers has been the reason for Green Bays success. That's why I think he is the most talented qb ever. No one has done more with so little support from the front office as he has.

19 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Rodgers is  the rare case where I kind of side with him. Not one 1st rounder has been spent on an offensive player during his tenure.  They continually draft 1st rounders on defense with no results. He goes into the playoffs and it is all on him. At least Manning was afforded numerous 1st rounders. The only 1st rounder they pick is a qb and that is after going 13 and 3. They never consulted him. U go 13 and 3 and u add players that can help u win now. If that is Trevor Lawrence sliding and u trade up for him in the 1st round, I get it. Yes I was exaggerating. Last I said Love was a 2nd rounder at best when fans here wanted him at pick 13. Rodgers has been the reason for Green Bays success. That's why I think he is the most talented qb ever. No one has done more with so little support from the front office as he has.

I get it.  And I certainly haven't followed the drama on both sides since the beginning.  The article seems to say its about drafting Love, but its probably been lingering for a while. based upon past rumors 

This is what I remember.

Shortly after he signed his contract, he floated the idea that he wasn't going to play through it to the end.  Not a problem.  Players like him get old and want  to retire.  But if I'm GB, I'm protecting myself against that day when he just pops into the office as says I'm done. 

I see his own words about possible retirement as being the catalyst for drafting Love....now he seems to be complaining that they drafted Love. 

Also, I think he made some rumored comments about not being happy with Mike McCarthy as HC, and GB seemed to accommodate him by firing MM.  Not that they didn't want to, but it seems like GB didn't really do anything that I wouldn't expect a team to do given the circumstances.  I don't think they are an evil player here.

But I understand the idea of wanting better offensive players and not getting them, especially those years where he seemed to be running for his life.

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

I get it.  And I certainly haven't followed the drama on both sides since the beginning.  The article seems to say its about drafting Love, but its probably been lingering for a while. based upon past rumors 

This is what I remember.

Shortly after he signed his contract, he floated the idea that he wasn't going to play through it to the end.  Not a problem.  Players like him get old and want  to retire.  But if I'm GB, I'm protecting myself against that day when he just pops into the office as says I'm done. 

I see his own words about possible retirement as being the catalyst for drafting Love....now he seems to be complaining that they drafted Love. 

Also, I think he made some rumored comments about not being happy with Mike McCarthy as HC, and GB seemed to accommodate him by firing MM.  Not that they didn't want to, but it seems like GB didn't really do anything that I wouldn't expect a team to do given the circumstances.  I don't think they are an evil player here.

But I understand the idea of wanting better offensive players and not getting them, especially those years where he seemed to be running for his life.

Could u imagine if Rodgers would have had thr support like Manning, Brady, Brees and Big Ben had? We r talking multiple championships.

8 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Could u imagine if Rodgers would have had thr support like Manning, Brady, Brees and Big Ben had? We r talking multiple championships.

GB took two picks to draft Love.  Maybe they would have gotten him more help with those two picks if they didn't feel like they had to protect themselves from a sudden retirement that he floated.  But I agree the previous years were kind of a mess.  

In the end, with all of the help the Colts got PM, he still only won one SB here.  Brees too.

Packers draft last year was just terrible.  Took Jordan Love via a trade up.  Second round pick was RB AJ Dillon.  That pick may have not been so bad, but by resigning Aaron Jones to a big contract makes it just flat out terrible pick last year.  Third Round pick was a shaky TE prospect.  

Bottom line, it looked terrible at the onset and has only looked worse.

Man, they are predicting it would take allot to trade for Rodgers.   3 firsts plus.

They used the Broncos and Raiders:

QB Drew Lock, 2022 first-rounder, 2023 first-rounder, 2024 first-rounder, 2022 second-rounder, 2023 third-rounder

WR Courtland Sutton, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 second

OG Graham Glasgow, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 second, 2023 second

OLB Von Miller, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 second, 2023 fifth

QB Derek Carr, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first

WR Henry Ruggs III, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 second, 2023 fourth

DE Maxx Crosby, S Johnathan Abram, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 third

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-trade-rumors-potential-broncos-raiders-packages-to-acquire-star-packers-quarterback/

1 hour ago, FicmanS said:

I sure would take a run at Roger's, AR on THIS team...   Imagine that for a few minutes

Would you give up:

QB Carson Wentz, 2022 first-rounder, 2023 first-rounder, 2024 first-rounder, 2022 second-rounder, 2023 third-rounder

On 4/29/2021 at 7:15 PM, GoColts8818 said:

This could turn out where Rodgers retires and Packers just hold his rights.

Appears so.

"Gutekunst told Peter King for Football Morning in America that the only call he got came after the draft day reports that Rodgers could be traded. Gutekunst says he shut that conversation down quickly."

“I had no [trade] discussions with any team. I received one call from a team Thursday night, after all the news came out. I said no. That was the end of the conversation,” he said.

"San Francisco General Manager John Lynch has acknowledged that the 49ers contacted the Packers about Rodgers."  And their discussion ended abruptly.

If Rodgers really wants to play again, he should do one of the following:

- Take the huge pay day Green Bay is offering and play ball

- Force a trade to a ready-to-win team.   The Broncos are not ready to win.   He should insist on the Browns.  

Pat McAfee talked about this on his show last week (NSFW language):

Essentially, there wasn't any actual information that came out that Rogers wanted out of GB, Schefter just put some pieces together where Rogers had been not happy with the organization and constructed his own personal conclusion that Rogers wanted out of GB. To me, it's just irresponsible journalism on Schefter's part.

31 minutes ago, Shive said:

Pat McAfee talked about this on his show last week (NSFW language):

Essentially, there wasn't any actual information that came out that Rogers wanted out of GB, Schefter just put some pieces together where Rogers had been not happy with the organization and constructed his own personal conclusion that Rogers wanted out of GB. To me, it's just irresponsible journalism on Schefter's part.

Par for the course pretty much everywhere these days, no?

On 4/29/2021 at 8:10 PM, chad72 said:

Falcons reunion of Matt Ryan and Matt Lafleur in Green Bay and Falcons give up two more first rounders to land Rodgers #Shocker :) 

I realize I'm quoting an old post but the Falcons are way too cap strapped to move Ryan before June 1, and even if they did it then they would still be over by 4.5M this year. Ryan is not budging off that contract either. Don't blame him, so they have to make another move regardless if that is even a discussion. Atlanta are pretty much married to that contract through the 2022 season, so anyone who was speculating they use the 4th overall pick to get a QB was delusional.

On 5/1/2021 at 8:28 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

I agree with Rodgers about 1 thing. Not getting the ball on the goal line in the NFC Championship game with a chance to win it.

Other than that, this whole thing is just ridiculous. They took comments about him being uncertain about his future way out of context and piled that on with him voicing frustration about not getting the ball on the goal line. Now we have Schefter admitting he didn't have anything new to go on when he dropped the bomb on draft day. Just an accumulation of ... rumors? speculation? Every pro athlete at that age starts having thoughts about the future. Why should Rodgers be any different?

What gets me is, how did San Francisco end up on this mystery list of teams he'd want to be traded to? Because he's from there and went to Cal? I mean this is after the 9ers gave up a boatload of picks to move up to 3 to take a QB. You Telling me they did that because they had their eyes on Kyle Pitts the whole time? lol. Yeah like they were gonna have anything to offer for Rodgers when this line of nonsense hit the airwaves.

Oh wait what about Denver? That was another team. Well wait does this make any sense? He wants to go there because he thinks he has a better chance to win there? Wait huh? Green Bay was in the NFCCG last year and Denver was... 5-11. Oh yeah that makes sense. LOL. Nah. Denver is the team left with the biggest question mark at their answer to the QB position. That's how it ended up on this mystery list, someone pulled out of their analytics magical hat and floated it out there like a fart in church. 

I think this has all been like click bait and trolling from the start. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 3:55 PM, chad72 said:

Let him freeze in The Tundra, cold and alone with no one to listen to his "drama queen" charade, except for "Jake From State Farm" and his occasional friend Mahomes. :) 

Chad I think the media is blowing this out of proportion. I don’t think this is as bad as they are making it out to be.

Archived