Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rodgers wants out


GoColts8818
 Share

Recommended Posts

Here's what I want. 

 

I want Rodgers in a Colts uni next year. If that means the Wentz experiment flounders this year... well, darn. He's not winning a SB this year. Give Rodgers 2 shots wearing a horseshoe and it's got a real chance of happening. 

It's really the only thing I can see on the horizon that pulls this team out of purgatory.

 

 

Rodgers on the Colts in 22' is the goal as I see it right now. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, The Fish said:

Here's what I want. 

 

I want Rodgers in a Colts uni next year. If that means the Wentz experiment flounders this year... well, darn. He's not winning a SB this year. Give Rodgers 2 shots wearing a horseshoe and it's got a real chance of happening. 

It's really the only thing I can see on the horizon that pulls this team out of purgatory.

 

 

Rodgers on the Colts in 22' is the goal as I see it right now. 

Man. How is that a long term solution for the Colts? It's not. Win now with Rodgers drama coming into town? No way in hell I would make that move. Not that he ain't an all time great but think about it. I mean Big Ben ain't much better when it comes to the media circus. Not that it's all on them but I legit don't think the dude wants to play much longer. He's the longest tenured Packer at this point, period. I think the dude wants to protect his brand and I don't see anything wrong with that.

 

The way I see it he negotiated a deal if he does want to retire so that the Packers aren't in cap hell like Pittsburgh is right now. Screw it. Gimme one more shot. IDK buddy I just feel like people aren't listening to what the man is saying, and he said a lot, but on top of that people are just adding crap to this discussion that isn't there. It's been proven. They are doing the same thing with Wentz know. Dude has a twinge in his foot after having his knee rebuilt and is tweaking his mechanics and everyone acts like the sky is falling. It needs to stop. This nonsense has to stop because on top of it all, none of these dudes who are reporting this crap and are painting the world black have ever played the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JoeThornburg said:

Man. How is that a long term solution for the Colts? It's not. Win now with Rodgers drama coming into town? No way in hell I would make that move. Not that he ain't an all time great but think about it. I mean Big Ben ain't much better when it comes to the media circus. Not that it's all on them but I legit don't think the dude wants to play much longer. He's the longest tenured Packer at this point, period. I think the dude wants to protect his brand and I don't see anything wrong with that.

 

The way I see it he negotiated a deal if he does want to retire so that the Packers aren't in cap hell like Pittsburgh is right now. Screw it. Gimme one more shot. IDK buddy I just feel like people aren't listening to what the man is saying, and he said a lot, but on top of that people are just adding crap to this discussion that isn't there. It's been proven. They are doing the same thing with Wentz know. Dude has a twinge in his foot after having his knee rebuilt and is tweaking his mechanics and everyone acts like the sky is falling. It needs to stop. This nonsense has to stop because on top of it all, none of these dudes who are reporting this crap and are painting the world black have ever played the game.

I don't care about a long term solution. I care that this thing Ballard has been building for half a decade, ostensibly for Luck, doesn't timeout. It's time to cash it in with this roster.

I also have nothing but questions about Wentz. The sky might as well be falling given last year he sucked on ice and now he's got a non contact, multi week injury from JULY!. There's nothing going on here that should make Colts fans comfortable.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, The Fish said:

Here's what I want. 

 

I want Rodgers in a Colts uni next year. If that means the Wentz experiment flounders this year... well, darn. He's not winning a SB this year. Give Rodgers 2 shots wearing a horseshoe and it's got a real chance of happening. 

It's really the only thing I can see on the horizon that pulls this team out of purgatory.

 

 

Rodgers on the Colts in 22' is the goal as I see it right now. 

 

 Would love Rogers next year. Sorry, but there won't be $40+M to pay him so bla bla bla.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, throwing BBZ said:

 

 Would love Rogers next year. Sorry, but there won't be $40+M to pay him so bla bla bla.

Yeah there would... Like, huh.. That's not even an issue.

Sorry.

The Colts roll over as much cash as any team under Ballard. Dump Wentz, eat the cost, the picks (it'd probably need to be the 2, that's a caveat, I'd agree with, in my hypothetical) and make the move. We're trying to win SB's here, and at this rate, we're not wining the freaking AFCS.

This is all becoming that line in Moneyball.. "If he's a good hitter, why doesn't he hit good?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd add, we just paid Bradon Smith how much. He's nice. That's not a SB move and he cost how much? I'd rather that kind of money go to positions that affect outcomes more directly. The cash is there. There are ways to make it happen. That's where my hope is at. It'd work. What they're doing right now... could very well be putting off the long term and screwing up the short term.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'd add, we just paid Bradon Smith how much. He's nice. That's not a SB move and he cost how much? I'd rather that kind of money go to positions that affect outcomes more directly. The cash is there. There are ways to make it happen. That's where my hope is at. It'd work. What they're doing right now... could very well be putting off the long term and screwing up the short term.

I think Smith deserved his $.  

I would love to see Rodgers play for the Colts for a couple years.  I think the Colts will be an attractive destination.  Indoor.   Good offensive line.  Offensive weapons.  But he may choose someplace else.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/30/2021 at 1:22 PM, Myles said:

We don't know how Love will be yet.   I'm just saying that Rodgers complains about them drafting Love and not a weapon for him when they did the exact same thing when they drafted Rodgers instead of a weapon for Favre.

 

 I question whether he absolutely wanted a weapon "for him" with the draft pick, rather that he just wanted someone on the field that could help them win.
 Clearly he didn't like the weapon loss of Randall Cobb or that no name that also really seemed to P*** him off. 
 I think this worked out very much like what his goal was.
Stay in GB, and improve his chances of winning the big one.
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2021 at 9:50 AM, The Fish said:

I'd add, we just paid Bradon Smith how much. He's nice. That's not a SB move and he cost how much? I'd rather that kind of money go to positions that affect outcomes more directly. The cash is there. There are ways to make it happen. That's where my hope is at. It'd work. What they're doing right now... could very well be putting off the long term and screwing up the short term.

You pay Braeden Smith the money you do because a) he kicks butt for us day in and day out with almost no injuries (not to mention one of the least penalized RT’s in the game who also gave up zero sacks last year) and b) because he’s a good teammate, one that YOU drafted. How would it look to other Colts players if we said, “Well Braeden, you’re a great RT but we don’t think RT’s deserve good money, so see ya.” That would destroy this team’s locker room, and no FA wants to play for a penny-pinching team that would cut them just to save cap space.

 

Also, chill on Wentz, we haven't even made it through the second week of TC. The world isn’t ending

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, chickenMan said:

You pay Braeden Smith the money you do because a) he kicks butt for us day in and day out with almost no injuries (not to mention one of the least penalized RT’s in the game who also gave up zero sacks last year) and b) because he’s a good teammate, one that YOU drafted. How would it look to other Colts players if we said, “Well Braeden, you’re a great RT but we don’t think RT’s deserve good money, so see ya.” That would destroy this team’s locker room, and no FA wants to play for a penny-pinching team that would cut them just to save cap space.

 

Also, chill on Wentz, we haven't even made it through the second week of TC. The world isn’t ending

Meh, wrong on Wentz and you pay your 4th best linemen how much again? It's nothing against him, it's noting Ballard is filling up a roster with pricey pieces in places that aren't commonly thought of primary roles to build a contender. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, The Fish said:

Meh, wrong on Wentz and you pay your 4th best linemen how much again? It's nothing against him, it's noting Ballard is filling up a roster with pricey pieces in places that aren't commonly thought of primary roles to build a contender. 

 

I believe you build from the trenches out. Pittsburgh had a similar problem on their oline that they all ended up old and overpaid, but they were also paying way too much for the QB. Way. Too. Much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, The Fish said:

Meh, wrong on Wentz and you pay your 4th best linemen how much again? It's nothing against him, it's noting Ballard is filling up a roster with pricey pieces in places that aren't commonly thought of primary roles to build a contender. 

 

Clearly Ballard subscribe to the notion of paying certain positions more and other positions less. 
 

Right around the time we signed Smith, Ballard publicly said you pay good players no matter what position they play.  That you’ll never regret paying good players well regardless of their position.  
 

You’re free to disagree with that view, but that’s our GM’s position.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FortheWin said:

This has the potential to be a dumpster fire in GB. The last time Rodgers was unhappy which was McCarthy's last year they went 6-9-1.

too much talent, not enough real competition. They'll win 10 or more. 

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Clearly Ballard subscribe to the notion of paying certain positions more and other positions less. 
 

Right around the time we signed Smith, Ballard publicly said you pay good players no matter what position they play.  That you’ll never regret paying good players well regardless of their position.  
 

You’re free to disagree with that view, but that’s our GM’s position.   

That's fine. It runs the risk of being a poor design ultimately (if winning SB's is the goal), but it is what it is. The team does need to pay it's quality players. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, JoeThornburg said:

I believe you build from the trenches out. Pittsburgh had a similar problem on their oline that they all ended up old and overpaid, but they were also paying way too much for the QB. Way. Too. Much.

I think you can skin the thing several ways. The Steelers did contend for a long time. I'm fine doing it this way, but it presents some issues, and we're finding some of them (and doing it this way was all predicate on having Luck, until things changed). Some of this boils back down to what investments is Ballard making in the draft. Is it trenches high, skill guys later or vice versa. I guess once you're on a path, you're on that path. We'll see. Most of where this is at depends on one guy (again) for better or worse. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...