Who do You want at LT brahs?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

• Nelson
    • Smith
    • Williams
    • Villaneauvau
    • Some other FA (Please name in thread)
    • Some Rookie We Draft (Please name in thread)
    • Other (Please name in thread)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I would like to see them draft Walker Little from Stanford. Currently a little bit under the radar for now but I think a great prospect for us and I think a Ballard type of pick.   Sort of under the radar as Leonard was.  Use the cap space on ER and WR1. 

18 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I'd be bouncing off the walls happy if we somehow landed Slater, (small chance I know...). I think our OT and Edge correlate with each other. If we get one in the FA, we'll get the other in the draft. 

10 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Eichenberg Cosmi or Radunz 

7 minutes ago, joecolts said:

Eichenberg or Walker Little are the two I've felt should be in our range.  Eichenberg when we pick in the 2nd.  Walker Little is the wildcard though.  I really like that kid.

So ya'll good with a rookie protecting our new QB?

11 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

So ya'll good with a rookie protecting our new QB?

You know who protected the winning Super Bowl QB of the Tampa Bay Bucs this year?  The QB who is the G.O.A.T. at the position?  A rookie.  Tristin Wirfs was the 4th tackle taken in the 2020 draft and he started 16 regular season games for the Bucs.   It's all about getting the right one.  

2 minutes ago, joecolts said:

You know who protected the winning Super Bowl QB of the Tampa Bay Bucs this year?  The QB who is the G.O.A.T. at the position?  A rookie.  Tristin Wirfs was the 4th tackle taken in the 2020 draft and he started 16 regular season games for the Bucs.   It's all about getting the right one.  

Wasn't Wirfs the RT 

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I would like to see them draft Walker Little from Stanford. Currently a little bit under the radar for now but I think a great prospect for us and I think a Ballard type of pick.   Sort of under the radar as Leonard was. 

I absolutely agree, although Walker wasn't under the radar like Leonard. He was a former 5 star recruit that played at Stanford and was viewed as a potential top 5 pick until he got injured. He's more "forgotten" than under the radar". With his time away from the game (he also opted out last year), I don't feel comfortable slotting him as our starter initially. I'd rather bring in a solid vet like Villanueva on a 2 year deal and let Little learn and get acclimated behind him.

1 hour ago, PeacefulEasonFeeling said:

True. But we have a window. With a little nudge we will dominate. Williams. IMHO. I just wish Eberflus was more aggressive. AND draft the future LT.

We have a very small crack of a window. I don't expect this team to be a contender and I think they will step back a couple of games this year. LT is the next hardest position to fill in the NFL. There is no guarantee you get a good one in the draft or as a free agent. I don't think Ballard will pay the price for a good free agent LT.

3 minutes ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

Why would you take the best guard in the NFL and make him change position. I see no upside to that.

Well if he thrives you have a great LT, but mostly it's due to his next contract. I don't want to pay LT money to a guard, as you can argue the guard position is the 3rd or 4th most important offensive line position behind LT, Center, and maybe RT.

look at Zack Martin he used to be the best guard in the league but when the tackles got hurt the OL became terrible, because DEs ate Dak alive.

33 minutes ago, Shive said:

I absolutely agree, although Walker wasn't under the radar like Leonard. He was a former 5 star recruit that played at Stanford and was viewed as a potential top 5 pick until he got injured. He's more "forgotten" than under the radar". With his time away from the game (he also opted out last year), I don't feel comfortable slotting him as our starter initially. I'd rather bring in a solid vet like Villanueva on a 2 year deal and let Little learn and get acclimated behind him.

I think Ballard will bring a vet LT, and draft the furture as well. My fav is Walker Little, he talked to his coach and his coach told him he has enough tape out there. And with all the unknowns of this past season(covid) he would be better off sending that extra time preparing for the NFL. Which is where he has been since training and preparing for the combine(pro days). I beleive his time spent on technique and getting his body in pro shape wont go unnoticed by alot of teams

38 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Well if he thrives you have a great LT, but mostly it's due to his next contract. I don't want to pay LT money to a guard, as you can argue the guard position is the 3rd or 4th most important offensive line position behind LT, Center, and maybe RT.

look at Zack Martin he used to be the best guard in the league but when the tackles got hurt the OL became terrible, because DEs ate Dak alive.

No one is eating Big Q alive as a guard. Putting him in as a LT might get him hurt. I don't care what we pay him, he is the heart and soul of that whole line. Pay the man and find a LT.

20 minutes ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

No one is eating Big Q alive as a guard. Putting him in as a LT might get him hurt. I don't care what we pay him, he is the heart and soul of that whole line. Pay the man and find a LT.

That's the problem, Zach Martin didn't get eaten alive, the tackles did. You also should care what we pay him because it affects the rest of the roster. I think they should experiment with him at LT, he may transfer well into the position. At the very least they should discuss it with him.

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

That's the problem, Zach Martin didn't get eaten alive, the tackles did. You also should care what we pay him because it affects the rest of the roster. I think they should experiment with him at LT, he may transfer well into the position. At the very least they should discuss it with him.

I think moving Q to LT is a WCS situation! If they leave FA and Draft without a clear cut front runner at LT then Q will move.

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Who do you put at LG then

Currently I would put Pittner though drafting a Guard later in draft depending how it falls. Also would love to see Smith moved to LG and form a super combo which I dont think any squad could really stop (Smith was seen as a more natural Guard than Tackle duo to short arms but like Q I think could excel anywhere) in which case I move Will Holden into the RT spot.

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Currently I would put Pittner though drafting a Guard later in draft depending how it falls. Also would love to see Smith moved to LG and form a super combo which I dont think any squad could really stop (Smith was seen as a more natural Guard than Tackle duo to short arms but like Q I think could excel anywhere) in which case I move Will Holden into the RT spot.

Moving Pinter there adds more depth problems. Its an easy fix sure but backup LT and LG beyond Q and Pinter becomes a ?

54 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I think moving Q to LT is a WCS situation! If they leave FA and Draft without a clear cut front runner at LT then Q will move.

I guess how I see it if Nelson moves to LT and is a top 10 LT instead of the best guard. I'm good with that trade off, Then draft a guard. But like I said below this is a wish not what I expect.

2 hours ago, Zoltan said:

What I wish is Nelson moves to LT kills it, and we can give him LT money without hesitation.

What I expect is a rookie at LT possibly Eichenberg or Cosmi

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I guess how I see it if Nelson moves to LT and is a top 10 LT instead of the best guard. I'm good with that trade off, Then draft a guard. But like I said below this is a wish not what I expect.

Ballard better be 100% confident in the move! Id rather draft LT and have Q help him at LG.

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Ballard better be 100% confident in the move! Id rather draft LT and have Q help him at LG.

They would have to talk to Nelson but if he was confident in moving, I think he would excel

19 minutes ago, life long said:

LT Kelly

LG Smith

C Luke Rhodes

RG Grover Stewart

RT Glowinski

Trade Nelson and this years first for Dalvin Cook.

:Wooo:

I don't know about Smith at LG I think you should put Leonard there

LT Kelly

LG Leonard

C Rhodes

RG Stewart

RT Glowinski

Archived