Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

Just now, Smoke317 said:

I would rather trade for Foles (4th rd pick) just to calm people’s fears and go into the draft with the opportunity to still move up for a dynamic QB to be our franchise. Say we miss out on one of those, we could still add a Jones, Trask, or Mond.  Regardless have a wide open QB competition.  That’s a worst case scenario though.  We could possibly hit on something big in the draft. 

I don't think Ballard trades into the top 10 like you want but there is slim chance he decides to take Jones at 21.

That depends who they have at QB then 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Might be the Broncos as the third team. That is interesting because they have the 9th pick and loads of weapons. I don’t know what would happen with Lock. Could they trade him to the eagles. That would be strange with Hurts. Eagles could then have the 6.th and 9th puck.

They could then take those and package it for Watson 

48 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don’t even think an apology is necessary. After everything that happened this season when they fired Pederson that seemed like (and I still believe it truly was) Laurie committing to Wentz. Hiring Siriani just felt like a reaffirmation to that commitment. It wasn’t Frank like he reportedly wanted, but someone who has spent enough time working under Frank that it wasn’t a stretch by any means to connect the associated dots. 

And all the talk and speculation died down. 

And then suddenly out of nowhere the other day it sprang right back up. So a lot of people are going to wind up being wrong, but when you factor in his contract and the lengths the Eagles went to to appease him it’s still a surprising outcome at the very least. 

And if I’m someone in the media, or a Philly fan it begs the question of why, despite all of that, it’s still wasn’t enough to get him on board. What is it out there that has him so seemingly determined to move on? No matter how much anyone may want him gone it’s still a strange case when you look at it as a whole.  

12 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I don’t even think an apology is necessary. After everything that happened this season when they fired Pederson that seemed like (and I still believe it truly was) Laurie committing to Wentz. Hiring Siriani just felt like a reaffirmation to that commitment. It wasn’t Frank like he reportedly wanted, but someone who has spent enough time working under Frank that it wasn’t a stretch by any means to connect the associated dots. 

And all the talk and speculation died down. 

And then suddenly out of nowhere the other day it sprang right back up. So a lot of people are going to wind up being wrong, but when you factor in his contract and the lengths the Eagles went to to appease him it’s still a surprising outcome at the very least. 

And if I’m someone in the media, or a Philly fan it begs the question of why, despite all of that, it’s still wasn’t enough to get him on board. What is it out there that has him so seemingly determined to move on? No matter how much anyone may want him gone it’s still a strange case when you look at it as a whole.  

Once I took a closer look at the bonus due date and the fact that they really shouldn't be trading him before June 1 (for cap reasons), I assumed nothing would happen, and stated as much.

But like Brandt says, it appears the Eagles are willing to make the deal now, completely screw their cap in 2021, and just figure the rest out, if they can get some picks out of it. And it sounds like Wentz has never moved off his wish to be traded.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm just depressed sitting here seeing this stuff. I'm just not feelin' the current options of QBs. Maybe Eason could be something, but the statistics are stacked against him. 

But, it's the cycle of the NFL. It's our turn to have a QB crisis, we'd been extremely lucky over the years. I'll keep supporting the team, but I have a bad feeling it's going to be rough for a while before things get better. 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm just depressed sitting here seeing this stuff. I'm just not feelin' the current options of QBs. Maybe Eason could be something, but the statistics are stacked against him. 

But, it's the cycle of the NFL. It's our turn to have a QB crisis, we'd been extremely lucky over the years. I'll keep supporting the team, but I have a bad feeling it's going to be rough for a while before things get better. 

Unless we get Wentz/Darnold and they pull a 180, or Eason turns out to be the second coming of Patrick Mahomes, this year is going to suck

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Mariota would just be a 1 year rental 

It kinda sucks to have a new QB every year now. That's got to be a little nerve racking for Reich and Irsay. We need to get a QB down for multiple years. It's good to be patient but we also have a great roster of guys that aren't getting any younger. Finally have a great O-Line, would suck to waste their talent with a new bridge QB every year.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

1. I never said to not draft a QB, probably should get your facts straight.

2. It is Bogus to assume a guy can't have a future because he was a 4th round pick. Round doesn't matter, what matters is going to the right system, right coaching and putting in the work necessary to succeed. Eason has all 3 of those at his disposal(system, Reich and all reports is the team is happy with his work).

Few QB's draft 4th round or later since 1990:

Tom Brady - 6th

Trent Green - 8th

Matt Hasselbeck - 6th

Mark Brunell - 5th

Dak Prescott - 4th

Brad Johnson - 9th

Kirk Cousins - 4th

Aaron Brooks - 4th

Kurt Warner Undrafted

3 of the top 10 QBs in the league currently.

So again, it doesn't matter where you are drafted. 

I assume since you didn't even mention the other 2 "bogus narratives" things I listed, that those are good?

While I agree that there are indeed some instances of franchise QB's that were drafted in the mid-to-late rounds, those instances represent the exception to the rule.

There are many more QBs that were drafted in rounds 2-7/undrafted that never amount to anything, much less a franchise QB. The list could go on and on.

I will say this however, drafting QBs in the first round is no guarantee either but it historically has presented better odds for acquiring a franchise QB.

2 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

It kinda sucks to have a new QB every year now. That's got to be a little nerve racking for Reich and Irsay. We need to get a QB down for multiple years. It's good to be patient but we also have a great roster of guys that aren't getting any younger. Finally have a great O-Line, would suck to waste their talent with a new bridge QB every year.

Colts have several possible holes.

We arent just a QB away which is why Ballard is so hesitant 

2 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I honestly don’t see the Texans dealing Watson. I’ll think they’ll play hardball with him and take away his money until he relents

He will just report and get paid while dealing with a "nagging hamstring issue". Just won't get better. Then maybe shoulder soreness, which potentially drives down trade value. They are best to deal him while the can get top return.

He has more leverage than most would think.

20 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we don’t get Wentz Mariotta would be a good vet to either compete with Eason or backup a rookie. Could even start if the rookie was Lance and needed to sit a year.

Let the Raiders cut Mariota if they are that desperate to move him.

Some of these teams, I swear, you need to indulge in the game of chicken. Mariota has shown a limited ceiling during his tenure at TN, which is why he is not a starter anymore. I am a little wary of the "great cameo in relief" performance type guys like Mariota and Foles to be handed over the keys for a full time starter, IMO.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I think we could win with Mariota. Especially with a quick short passing type style and play action combined with his running and our ground game. Id be down with that too.

I'm on board with whatever Ballard thinks we should do. I like Mariotta, he has some talent and we have a great line which helps. But having 1 year bridge QB's year after year is going to be annoying and wear the fans thin.

2 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I honestly don’t see the Texans dealing Watson. I’ll think they’ll play hardball with him and take away his money until he relents

I think that situation is about to get UGLY. This seems like Easterby drawing a line in the sand. And not just with Watson. He’s sending a message about how the Texans will handle business under his watch. Being that it involves Watson just gives him a chance to show off how deep his power reaches and that no one, no matter how talented, is bigger than his vision of the Texans. 

And Easterby is one of those fanatical types that is just waiting for a player to take a public stance against him so he can play the victim and put all the heat on said player. He’ll spin himself off as the good-natured spiritual leader who wants everyone to be on board and that he’s willing to go the distance to keep them there, but the truth seems to be a whole lot darker than that. 

What is going on in Houston right now will someday be worthy of one hell of a 30 for 30.

1 minute ago, pgt_rob said:

I'm on board with whatever Ballard thinks we should do. I like Mariotta, he has some talent and we have a great line which helps. But having 1 year bridge QB's year after year is going to be annoying and wear the fans thin.

if ballard does not get some fa talent his time may be ending in indy

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I think that situation is about to get UGLY. This seems like Easterby drawing a line in the sand. And not just with Watson. He’s sending a message about how the Texans will handle business under his watch. Being that it involves Watson just gives him a chance to show off how deep his power reaches and that no one, no matter how talented, is bigger than his vision of the Texans. 

And Easterby is one of those fanatical types that is just waiting for a player to take a public stance against him so he can play the victim and put all the heat on said player. He’ll spin himself off as the good-natured spiritual leader who wants everyone to be on board and that he’s willing to go the distance to keep them there, but the truth seems to be a whole lot darker than that. 

What is going on in Houston right now will someday be worthy of one hell of a 30 for 30.

Jameis Winston deserves a 30 for 30

30 td 30 int

"The best and the worst of times"

3 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

if ballard does not get some fa talent his time may be ending in indy

Ballard's job isn't in jeopardy in the least.  He's proven he is one of the top GM's in football with every aspect of the job and in all decisions he's made.  He's in no way on the hot seat

9 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

The only way I am down for this is if there is a clear option for 22. That means a rookie sitting a year or then saying Eason in 22.  We can’t have him starting with no clear future. 

2 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

his misses at receiver and edge may hurt his future here

Misses?  He's brought in good skill people at value money.  Because of that, he's been able to add other resources.  You can't predict injuries so, Campbell isn't a miss, he's an injury.  Sorry.  Disagree with you.  

24 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

If we get Wentz or Darnold you better believe the plan is for them to be our QB for multiple years.  Ballard will then move to fill in a couple of missing pieces in FA and then the draft.  The quicker we can secure their veteran of choice the better.  Then he can concentrate on FA, the draft and extending a few of our own.  

2 minutes ago, joecolts said:

Misses?  He's brought in good skill people at value money.  Because of that, he's been able to add other resources.  You can't predict injuries so, Campbell isn't a miss, he's an injury.  Sorry.  Disagree with you.  

you are right, good but not great playmakers,

Archived