Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Wentz was a total jerk in the locker room, a non leader and a mal content surely you wouldnt see Ballard and Reich showing interest in that. I mean we are paying 30 million dollars just to keep Jacoby the back up around here bc hes a great influence on the locker room! So it makes no sense for them to go after someone who is the total opposite. Unless the claims against Wentz arent true to begin with.

23 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think they should announce the trade at halftime. haha 

Be more entertaining than whatever crap fest they’ll have this year

5 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

This clown won’t give up lol

Que Chloe freak out in 3...2...1

1 minute ago, krunk said:

If Wentz was a total jerk in the locker room, a non leader and a mal content surely you wouldnt see Ballard and Reich showing interest in that. I mean we are paying 30 million dollars just to keep Jacoby around here bc hes a great influence on the locker room! So it makes no sense for them to go after someone who is the total opposite. Unless the claims against Wentz arent true to begin with.

I think Reich might have a little to much blind faith in him. He has been away for 3 yrs. People change.

Outside of reports, Wentz has proven some of it true by his actions.

Demanding a trade still in season, rather than manning up and supporting Hurts in anyway he could 

That is what a good teammate does. Not throw a fit and demand out. Do that after the year, they were still in the division hunt at that time and he chose to make it more about him than the team. Pure selfish act.

So its not to hard to fathom that the reports about him being entitled and not owning his mistakes, running plays the way they were drawn up are true

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

If Wentz was a total jerk in the locker room, a non leader and a mal content surely you wouldnt see Ballard and Reich showing interest in that. I mean we are paying 30 million dollars just to keep Jacoby the back up around here bc hes a great influence on the locker room! So it makes no sense for them to go after someone who is the total opposite. Unless the claims against Wentz arent true to begin with.

Keep in mind, Reich worked with him, so he’ll know the truth 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I sure hope so, we need a decent halftime show, really haven’t had one since I don’t Prince maybe?

Coldplay would have been excellent but the stupid media pushed them to add Beyonce and Bruno Mars which ruined it.

Chris Martin from Coldplay has said he was treated like crap after that SB performance and he felt very down.

They are excellent performers and I was upset they changed so many of their great songs 

25 minutes ago, krunk said:

From ESPN story:

There have been whispers over the years that Wentz has struggled at times with his ability to forge relationships across the locker room, but others believe that could have been a natural byproduct of him and the team not living up to the lofty expectations that followed the 2017 season.

By many public accounts, Wentz has handled himself with class throughout his time in Philadelphia and has received public support from many of the team's leaders over the years, including most recently Fletcher Cox and Jason Kelce.

Despite efforts to ask for his reaction, Wentz was unavailable for comment. The Eagles declined comment.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Hopefully this thread gets to be put to rest in a couple days lol.

Once the Wentz to Bears is official someone should make another one

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Why woukd Dallas want to trade down?  

They need help at OL and CB

There will be plenty in trade down 

31 minutes ago, krunk said:

That’s not why we paid Jacoby that kind of money,  but your point is still good. 

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Once the Wentz to Bears is official someone should make another one

That was my immediate thought.

One way or the other this thread should be ending soon.

Either with Chloe like this.

Dog Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Or chloe like this:

crazy dance GIF

38 minutes ago, w87r said:

I think Reich might have a little to much blind faith in him. He has been away for 3 yrs. People change.

Demanding a trade still in season, rather than manning up and supporting Hurts in anyway he could 

That is what a good teammate does. Not throw a fit and demand out. Do that after the year, they were still in the division hunt at that time and he chose to make it more about him than the team. Pure selfish act.

So its not to hard to fathom that the reports about him being entitled and not owning his mistakes, running plays the way they were drawn up are true

It tough to make these kinds of judgements.

A person can feel unwanted and not at home if they do not get the proper support.  Their attitude about the home they once cherished changes if the home itself appears to not support a person.  When they don't have the proper support from the top, their allegiances and vigor can change.

If Indy or Chicago feels like home, and he has a sense of stability that the rug won't be pulled out from under him when committing mistakes, he'll probably commit less of them and admit to the ones he does commit more freely. 

Its not about the person having mental toughness or loyalty.  Its about support from the top.

Look how the Rams treated Goff.  Even though they were losing faith in him, they did not publicly take any actions to show evidence of that....like draft a QB in the second round.  He was their man until he got injured.  Then they traded him.  The Rams treated the guy on the way out correctly.  Supported him as best they could until they traded him.

18 minutes ago, w87r said:

Great post.  That’s exactly how I feel.  Reich hasn’t been around Wentz in years.  He and Ballard would be gambling that a change of scenery is going to fix him.  I think his issues run deeper than that.  His mechanics, vision, and decision making were atrocious at times last year.  God awful. Why pay that kind money & draft capital for a QB we’d have to build up before even taking a look at who could drop in the draft?  We could get a QB on the ascend rather than decline for cheaper.  

Wentz’ bad luck streak he’s been on has been brutal.  I get it.  Maybe no one could have navigated the storm he’s been through?  Well actually Hurts handled a very similar situation in college like a much better teammate. He didn’t demand out. He improved his game and was a great teammate.  When his time came he showed his worth.  Moved on later and shined brighter than ever.  I wish Wentz had shown that kind of character. If so, I’d be all behind a Wentz reclamation project.

If the Colts bring him in, I’ll support him.  I’m a die hard.  I cheer for all of the players wearing the horseshoe.  So I’ll be praying for Wentz to take us to the Super Bowl. I’d expect big time performances and leadership from him.  He’ll just have a very short leash with me though.  Same with Reich & Ballard if he fails and the rumors against him prove to be true character flaws.  That’ll be the first time that I will have reason to doubt CB’s decision making. 

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

A person can feel unwanted and not at home if they do not get the proper support.  Their attitude about the home they once cherished changes if the home itself appears to not support a person.  When they don't have the proper support from the top, their allegiances and vigor can change.

If Indy or Chicago feels like home, and he has a sense of stability that the rug won't be pulled out from under him when committing mistakes, he'll probably commit less of them and admit to the ones he does commit more freely. 

Its not about the person having mental toughness or loyalty.  Its about support from the top.

Look how the Rams treated Goff.  Even though they were losing faith in him, they did not publicly take any actions to show evidence of that....like draft a QB in the second round.  He was their man until he got injured.  Then they traded him.  The Rams treated the guy on the way out correctly.  Supported him as best they could until they traded him.

200.gif

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I will support Wentz 100% if we bring him in.

As far as the Rams, I don't think really treated him correctly on the way out, for him to say this.

https://www.nfl.com/news/silver-jared-goff-excited-to-be-with-lions-franchise-that-wants-appreciates-him

And Goff, a young man who handled the Rams' disrespectful divorce strategy of the past several weeks with quiet dignity, got something valuable out of the deal, too.

After talking with Lions general manager Brad Holmes, coach Dan Campbell, offensive coordinator Anthony Lynn and other organizational power brokers Saturday night, Goff -- for the first time in a while -- felt wanted. In a sense, he felt like it was draft day, all over again.

"I'm just excited to be somewhere that I know wants me and appreciates me," Goff told NFL.com on Sunday morning. "I'm moving forward and couldn't be more excited to build a winner there. I'm excited about Dan (Campbell) and the whole staff."

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

200.gif

see above

59 minutes ago, craigerb said:

Bringing in a vet to mentor Eason is crap--that's what a QB coach is for (or else get one that is).

We can already make the playoffs in 2021 with Brissett, Eason and pick #21.

Brissett isn’t leading any team to the playoffs, besides he’s not even on the roster 

1 hour ago, w87r said:

I will support Wentz 100% if we bring him in.

As far as the Rams, I don't think really treated him correctly on the way out, for him to say this.

https://www.nfl.com/news/silver-jared-goff-excited-to-be-with-lions-franchise-that-wants-appreciates-him

And Goff, a young man who handled the Rams' disrespectful divorce strategy of the past several weeks with quiet dignity, got something valuable out of the deal, too.

After talking with Lions general manager Brad Holmes, coach Dan Campbell, offensive coordinator Anthony Lynn and other organizational power brokers Saturday night, Goff -- for the first time in a while -- felt wanted. In a sense, he felt like it was draft day, all over again.

"I'm just excited to be somewhere that I know wants me and appreciates me," Goff told NFL.com on Sunday morning. "I'm moving forward and couldn't be more excited to build a winner there. I'm excited about Dan (Campbell) and the whole staff."

see above

I don't see that as the same thing.  After Goff leaves, he expresses his feeling of being unwanted. 

Everybody could see that they were parting ways, but the Rams never did anything publicly to disply that intent.

The never pulled him if he was healthy, despite not playing well, and never drafted a guy to be on his heels.  The organization did nothing outwardly except support their starter who they were paying to start.   Until they traded him.

I think the attitude stuff about Wentz is unsupported.

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don't see that as the same thing.  After Goff leaves, he expresses his feeling of being unwanted. 

Everybody could see that they were parting ways, but the Rams never did anything publicly to disply that intent.

The never pulled him if he was healthy, despite not playing well, and never drafted a guy to be on his heels.  The organization did nothing outwardly except support their starter who they were paying to start.   Until they traded him.

I think the attitude stuff about Wentz is unsupported.

Doug?  

The Rams started the backup in the playoff game when Goff said he was ready.    Goff only went in when the starter got hurt.   The Rams publicly undercut Goff every chance they got.   McVey would say things like...   “I don’t know who my starter will be next week?”   It was a very, very public divorce that surprised no one in Southern California.  Honestly. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

That’s not why we paid Jacoby that kind of money,  but your point is still good. 

I know, but weve still kept him around even though we know hes not the guy. Hes expensive for a backup but they value other things about him in the short term. One of those is his influence in the locker room.

22 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Doug?  

The Rams started the backup in the playoff game when Goff said he was ready.    Goff only went in when the starter got hurt.   The Rams publicly undercut Goff every chance they got.   McVey would say things like...   “I don’t know who my starter will be next week?”   It was a very, very public divorce that surprised no one in Southern California.  Honestly. 

Truth Reaction GIF by moodman

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Regarding Goff and the Rams I’d add this..,

The HC and the GM made it clear that if the Rams weren’t as good as fans thought they should be, it was the fault of only one person or player — Jared Goff. 

That’s why Goff was ready to go anywhere that wanted him. 

Real maturity by the HC and GM

2 hours ago, w87r said:

Deals like this require more than blind faith. Irsay doesnt write checks for blind faith. Deals like this require film study and research to determine what the cause of the problem(s) are and what level of work it will take to solve them. You cant do stuff like this on blind faith.

Archived