Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, chickenMan said:

I guess I’ll put it this way: I would rather drink myself through another year of JB then waste any draft capital on Wentz. Wentz would likely be easier to stomach, but JB is relatively quite cheap

fair enough...

I had to retire from the sauce, so Sundays usually are just on mute.. for whatever reason, not listening to the games, just watching them seems to take the "Grrrrrr" out of it for me. 

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Where does it say he wants to play for the Colts?

Sorry I realized after I posted he said one but didn’t mean the first one he mentioned. I think it’s clear though it would be the colts.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Where does it say he wants to play for the Colts?

Sorry I realized after I posted he said one but didn’t mean the first one he mentioned. I think it’s clear though it would be the colts.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Repost:

In just about every statical category Cousins was better than Stafford. So if so many wanted Stafford they should be jumping at the chance to get Cousins.

Stats comparisons:(career stats)

W/L record:

KC - 51-51-2(so much for being a loser)

MS - 74-90-1

Comp%:

KC - 67%

MS - 62.6%

TD/INT ratio:

KC - 190/84 - 2.26/1

MS - 282/144 - 1.96/1

QB rating:

KC - 97.9

MS - 89.9

INT rate:

KC - 2.3%

MS - 2.3%

Pro Bowls:(doesn't mean much)

KC - 2

MS - 1

Sack%:

KC - 5.5%

MS - 5.8%

TD%:

KC - 5.2%

MS - 4.5%

YPA:

KC - 7.7

MS - 7.7

YPG: (finally something he is better at)

KC - 260.3

MS - 273.4

So you(not nflfan) tell me, if everyone was so pumped about Stafford, why is Cousins not a good option?

Sorry for all that are seeing this for the 4th or 5th time.

I would argue one point, with that being that Cousins has had significantly better teams around him in Minn, but again I don't keep up with the Vikings so I won't make a case one way or the other past that

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The first one he mentioned was the bears

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

I would argue one point, with that being that Cousins has had significantly better teams around him in Minn, but again I don't keep up with the Vikings so I won't make a case one way or the other past that

Yeah only real point of it is, so many were on the Stafford train, but few are on the Cousins train. I think he is a solid option.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Maybe? My fear is we will over pay him and give him starter money again.:(

Eh, I doubt it. He didn’t have too great of a season in 2019, and he’s not better than many starters in the league, which is what role he wants. He’d probably take cheaper money to be our starter than to ride the bench for some scrub team with less talent for slightly more money, imo. We paid him the money in 2019 in case he did turn out to be our starter, and because at that point we had plenty of money to spend.

13 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Eh, I doubt it. He didn’t have too great of a season in 2019, and he’s not better than many starters in the league, which is what role he wants. He’d probably take cheaper money to be our starter than to ride the bench for some scrub team with less talent for slightly more money, imo. We paid him the money in 2019 in case he did turn out to be our starter, and because at that point we had plenty of money to spend.

Stephen Colbert Good Luck GIF

Why wouldn’t Brissett go back to New England? Why would New England not want him back?

I don’t see him taking any offer to stay here after we benched him last year, and it just makes too much sense for his next logical step to be returning to New England where he’s had experience and success before. The only way he will be here next year is on the franchise tag. 

I think Ballard would absolutely do that as a last resort, but going down the road of trying him out as the franchise again? 

I don’t see it. 

4 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Why wouldn’t Brissett go back to New England? Why would New England not want him back?

I don’t see him taking any offer to stay here after we benched him last year, and it just makes too much sense for his next logical step to be returning to New England where he’s had experience and success before. The only way he will be here next year is on the franchise tag. 

I think Ballard would absolutely do that as a last resort, but going down the road of trying him out as the franchise again? 

I don’t see it. 

I like Ballard.  I think he knows what he's doing.

But after all of this, if we have to resort to franchising JB because we had no better option, Ballard failed miserably at securing the most important position on the team.  And a lot of other GMs could have solved it.  Trade a LG maybe?

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

But after all of this, if we have to resort to franchising JB because we had no better option, Ballard failed miserably at securing the most important position on the team.  And a lot of other GMs could have solved it.  Trade a LG maybe?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I tend to agree with this, but I acknowledge there's a clear flip side to this. He shouldn't mortgage large parts of the future for a guy who's simply not going to live up to the investment. 

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Franchise who?

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I can't even fathom the thought of Franchising JB, I was worried about a $10-$15m contract. $24m....?

explosion jumping GIF

1 minute ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Franchise who?

The previous comment was a speculation about Jacoby wanting to go elsewhere rather than resign here because we benched him.  And that the solution to our QB vacancy would have to resort to applying the Franchise tag to JB. 

That would be a failure on multiple levels.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

He’s not dumb. Look at what the Rams and Bears are (reportedly) paying for their trades. 

Ballard isn’t going to panic and overpay to take a chance on someone just to say “here’s the answer”. He seems willing to kick the can down the road for an appropriate deal. 

He made an offer for Wentz. Not many will doubt that at this point. Stafford, too. And when it turned into a bidding war he wished everyone well and turned his focus to the next potential solution. 

You wanna sit here and say you’d have rather thrown a pair of firsts and some players to the Eagles for Wentz over tagging Brissett and potentially having to wait another year to find a proper answer to the problem? I want the issue resolved as much as anyone, but I’m glad he’s not just doing something stupid to make that happen. He’s making sure he can solve the problem and still continue to build around it afterwards. 

Just now, John Waylon said:

He’s not dumb. Look at what the Rams and Bears are (reportedly) paying for their trades. 

Ballard isn’t going to panic and overpay to take a chance on someone just to say “here’s the answer”. He seems willing to kick the can down the road for an appropriate deal. 

He made an offer for Wentz. Not many will doubt that at this point. Stafford, too. And when it turned into a bidding war he wished everyone well and turned his focus to the next potential solution. 

You wanna sit here and say you’d have rather thrown a pair of firsts and some players to the Eagles for Wentz over tagging Brissett and potentially having to wait another year to find a proper answer to the problem? I want the issue resolved as much as anyone, but I’m glad he’s not just doing something stupid to make that happen. He’s making sure he can solve the problem and still continue to build around it afterwards. 

I think offering 3 first round picks and Nelson for Stafford is better than having to Franchise JB.  JMO.

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The previous comment was a speculation about Jacoby wanting to go elsewhere rather than resign here because we benched him.  And that the solution to our QB vacancy would have to resort to applying the Franchise tag to JB. 

That would be a failure on multiple levels.

Hence, my intentionally obtuse comment.

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

I can't even fathom the thought of Franchising JB, I was worried about a $10-$15m contract. $24m....?

explosion jumping GIF

If we get towards the end of that window and we don’t have any better options at QB and they don’t feel trading up in the draft is feasible/worth it what other option would we have?

It could very well happen. I think they’d be fine with him filling in for a year while they continued to work on the long-term solution. And we have the cap space for it, so while it would be hard to swallow, it wouldn’t be the worst thing we’ve got going for us. 

And if you’re Brissett what are you gonna do? Take a 10-15 million dollar deal with a team that has already thrown you to the side like a sack of old, moldy tangerines once already, or tell them “I’m gonna test free agency, thanks” and force us to add another 10+ million to that offer?

If we get into March without a solution Brissett holds a big stack of chips across from us at the table. 

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

If we get towards the end of that window and we don’t have any better options at QB and they don’t feel trading up in the draft is feasible/worth it what other option would we have?

It could very well happen. I think they’d be fine with him filling in for a year while they continued to work on the long-term solution. And we have the cap space for it, so while it would be hard to swallow, it wouldn’t be the worst thing we’ve got going for us. 

And if you’re Brissett what are you gonna do? Take a 10-15 million dollar deal with a team that has already thrown you to the side like a sack of old, moldy tangerines once already, or tell them “I’m gonna test free agency, thanks” and force us to add another 10+ million to that offer?

If we get into March without a solution Brissett holds a big stack of chips across from us at the table. 

I would rather just roll with Eason.

Cant think of a worse scenario than paying JB $20m+

10 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think offering 3 first round picks and Nelson for Stafford is better than having to Franchise JB.  JMO.

There should be a poll to see how many agree.

"3 first round picks and Nelson"

I will give you Kirk Cousins for just one first rounder and Nelson. But if you want to give me 2 more 1st rounders, let's do it. :shake:

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I will give you Kirk Cousins for just one first rounder and Nelson. But if you want to give me 2 more 1st rounders, let's do it. :shake:

Who you kidding, you would take our 2nd round pick for Cousins, you don't need all that.

I think you've tried to just give him to us before, if I remember correctly.? :D

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It was an off the cuff comment , not serious, but after thinking about it.........   

We could sign a G, keep the same roster we have, simply not add first round talent to it, and we'd win more games with Stafford and the team we'd have then to play with JB for a year and have to go through the QB search again for the 3rd year in a row. 

I think the 3 year won/loss record would be a toss up between the two scenarios..

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

I usually wouldn't post podcasters' insider info, BUT, they've been getting some scoops about new defensive coaches before anyone else... they might have a legit source. Take it for whatever it's worth. 

Glad to hear it.  I think Darnold is the same QB after 3 seasons in the NFL that he was his senior year at USC.  No growth.

15 minutes ago, stitches said:

I usually wouldn't post podcasters' insider info, BUT, they've been getting some scoops about new defensive coaches before anyone else... they might have a legit source. Take it for whatever it's worth. 

While I think their coaching stuff has been good I don’t put as much faith in their player scoops. No big deal go scoop coaches but players is another story. 

Archived