Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 17 Jaguars @Colts, Jan. 3, 2021, 4:25 EST

NFLfan
Message added by Nadine,

Please be mindful of your fellow posters.  Don't use the game day thread to vent or call out fellow posters as either homers or haters.  It's obnoxious and ruins the thread. Plenty of time for new threads after the game for expressing your point of view.

Happy Pumped Up GIF by American Family Insurance

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

hahhaa what a joke of a organization . poor watson will end up like rivers with the chargers .  put him on the colts they are going 14-2

Philip Rivers did alot of good things with the Chargers, which is why he's  going to Canton - everything he does with us is just icing on the cake. 

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Our secondary has not been great. I would of liked our chances much better trying to force Lamar to throw.

Nah, I would rather play Buffalo as long as it isn't a blizzard. We can run the ball and Allen has never proven crap in the playoffs. Have more faith in our team and be happy we made the playoffs.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not so sure I wouldn't rather face Buffalo as long as the weather isn't horrible. Facing Lamar right now would be real scary. I bet they beat Tennessee.

You and I are usually on the same page. Not here. I’d much rather play Ravens at home. Bills and Chiefs is death row

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• yeah this concept of not being the year to draft an edge rusher is strange. We shouldn’t be drafting for need at #15. We should be drafting for the best player that we can put on this roster, positional value factored in. I would dispute that this isn’t the year. I think it could very well be. What a better d-line to be on the depth chart on than one with uncertainty at the edge moving forward in contract years. Let a rookie stud go out occasionally and get experience/see what he’s about. We might find a true pass rusher at 15.    what I would argue is it’s not the year to draft one of our “needs” at receiver or corner considering how deep these classes are. Day 2 should be just fine there. 
    • I don't understand this way of thinking.   When you draft a player in the first round, they sign a four year contract, with an option for a fifth year. If the player is as good as you hope, then the intention is likely to sign them to a second contract for another 4-5 years. So if you hope that this player is a foundational piece of your roster for the next decade, then why would you be so absorbed in the player's playing time in Year 1?   Specific to the Colts at DE, we do not have a game changing pass rusher right now. I like Kwity and Dayo, but so far, they aren't foundational pieces. They're both going into contract years, depending on whether the team picks up Kwity's option. And we have Ebukam, who is also good, but not a game changer. There's no reason any of these players can't be challenged for playing time, especially in pass rush situations. Dayo and Lewis play DE, but also rotate at 3T, so that can be worked out. And there are injuries, which will open up playing time.   DE historically has a learning curve, even for good players. Kayvon Thibodeaux was the 5th pick in 2022, he played 14 games as a rookie, 444 pass rush snaps, and had 4 sacks. He played 17 games in 2023, 498 pass rush snaps, 13 sacks.    Ultimately, passing on a high level edge rush prospect because you're not sure he can start in Year 1 seems incredibly shortsighted. 
    • I'll take the Buccaneers as my second team. That is, if I don't win the COLTS lottery!   Where do you keep your Buccaneers? Under my buckin' hat!
  • Members