Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jared Veldheer signed out of retirement to start at Tackle for us (merge)

holeymoley99

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I’m confused by this thread.

3 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

Or Webb.

3 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Your tortoise is green sleepy walk GIF by Sarah & Duck

3 hours ago, JediXMan said:

My pet tortoise has quicker feet than Green.

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

My 5 yr old can block better than Green

the Colts have a 5 year old Green tortoise with Webb feet playing tackle?

9 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

But Webb can’t so something had to be done but man this reeks of desperation.

He's currently on the practice squad.   While the Colts are left in a rough spot with AC being out, I think this is more of a smart depth move.

38 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I’m fairly certain we are desperate. We have four amazing OL starters and some of the worst OL backups in the league

I think all five of our starters are good.  glow had graded out really high this year.  With that said I know they desperate without AC I was just saying it.  

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

Anyone know anything about him or have an opinion?

so who starts at LT this week?

Reich isn’t saying.

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think all five of our starters are good.  glow had graded out really high this year.  With that said I know they desperate without AC I was just saying it.  

Reich isn’t saying.

Apologies, I should have clarified; all five of our starters ARE amazing; I said FOUR because I was not including AC since he is out now. Trust me, I like Glo-Worm quite a lot

1 hour ago, chickenMan said:

Apologies, I should have clarified; all five of our starters ARE amazing; I said FOUR because I was not including AC since he is out now. Trust me, I like Glo-Worm quite a lot

I was wondering if that was what you meant.  I know some take Glow for granted so I guessed and guessed wrong.

On 12/30/2020 at 6:47 PM, holeymoley99 said:

Long time stud brought in started for Packers in playoff game vs Seattle last year. Big,strong,smart should have fresh legs and has this week to get rust off before playoff game.

Isn't the title of the thread kinda misleading?

Veldheer wasn't brought in to start.  He was signed to the practice squad...

I'm assuming he'll dress and be available Sunday, but "signed out of retirement to START at tackle for us"...

tenor.gif

15 hours ago, csmopar said:

AC is out for the year, if not for good. We needed to try someone else. Yeah, definitely a desperate situation 

9 hours ago, chickenMan said:

I’m fairly certain we are desperate. We have four amazing OL starters and some of the worst OL backups in the league

I guess Green Bay is also desperate?  Their Pro-Bowl LT Bakhtiari also just had a season-ending injury.  packers-lt-david-bakhtiari-suffers-season-ending-knee-injury

Arguably the best LT in the game.  He's the highest paid.  david-bakhtiari-packers-agree-to-four-year-105-5m-extension

Good thing we sniped Veldheer before GB could!  haha

11 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I guess Green Bay is also desperate?  Their Pro-Bowl LT Bakhtiari also just had a season-ending injury.  packers-lt-david-bakhtiari-suffers-season-ending-knee-injury

Arguably the best LT in the game.  He's the highest paid.  david-bakhtiari-packers-agree-to-four-year-105-5m-extension

Good thing we sniped Veldheer before GB could!  haha

You can say that again.  He played for them in the playoffs last year.  I'm sure he would have been their first choice. 

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well he’s only on the Colts practice squad the Packers could sign him off that.

He's on the PS because that's the logical process, as we've seen it play out with street fa after street fa this year.  Sign to PS, elevate just before game to regular roster....not sure why, but there's some advantage to that way of doing it 

8 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

He's on the PS because that's the logical process, as we've seen it play out with street fa after street fa this year.  Sign to PS, elevate just before game to regular roster....not sure why, but there's some advantage to that way of doing it 

Right I am not arguing that he shouldn’t be I am just saying because he’s only on the practice squad the Packers could sign him if they want too based on people saying it’s good thing the Colts got him before the Packers tackle got hurt.  

Archived