Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which Afc team is our greatest obstacle to reaching the super bowl?

Stephen

Greatest threat to colts in Afc  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest threat to colts in Afc.

• Ravens
    • Chiefs
    • Patriots
    • Steelers
    • Titans
    • Bills
    • Other

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have Tier 1 = Chiefs, Ravens

Tier 2 = Colts, Titans, Bills, Steelers

Tier 3 = teams like the Raiders, Pats, and Texans

Steelers scare me since they won 8 games with all the QB trouble they had throughout the season. All Ben has to do is score at least 21 and not get too many turnovers 

Just now, runthepost said:

Steelers scare me since they won 8 games with all the QB trouble they had throughout the season. All Ben has to do is score at least 21 and not get too many turnovers 

Yeah as much as I hate them they will make the playoffs IMO.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Very early predictions but I like doing them after the draft and Free agency:

1. Chiefs 12-4

2. Ravens 12-4 - lose tiebreaker to Chiefs for #1 seed

3. Colts 10-6

4. Bills 10-6 - lose tiebreaker to Colts for #3 seed

5. Titans 10-6 as a wildcard lose tiebreaker to Colts

6. Steelers 10-6 as a wildcard

7. Raiders 9-7 as a wildcard

-Pats will miss the playoffs at 8-8 is my bold prediction.

This is what I have from page 1.

I think the Chargers are going to be better than most people give them credit for right now. They may not be conference championship contenders yet, or they might be especially with the expanded  playoff field beginning this year. People look at last season’s 5-11 record and act like they’re the Browns who have stunk for decades. The season before last, they were within a whisker of unseating the Chiefs for the top seed in the AFC. The moves they’ve made this offseason, especially shoring up the O-line by bringing in Trai Turner formerly of Carolina & Bryan Bulaga from Green Bay make me wonder why they waited until they moved on from Philip to address the O-line like that. If Mike Pouncey stays healthy, that’ll give their line 3 Pro Bowl caliber veterans and like the Colts, they had a pretty strong draft.

My dream scenario is that these 2 teams meet in the Conference Championship game, and Philip makes his old team rue the day they decided to get rid of him, then he beats Tom Brady & the Bucs in the Superbowl.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

U do realize that we finished 7 and 9,??

what does that have to with this year? Have you never seen a 7 and 9 team get better? It's not like we had a roller coaster 7-9 season either. When Jacoby wasn't stinking it up and managing games, we were 5-2 with wins over the Chiefs and Texans. I think the difference between Phillip Rivers and Jacoby is bigger than you think.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

My picks for next year's AFC playoff spots

1. KC

2. Colts

3. Balt

4. Bills

5. Raiders

6. Titans

7. Steelers

Unfortunetly unless Lamar Jackson gets injured or somehow completely figured out, that team is WAY too good to not be a top 2 seed. If we somehow get the 2 seed, it'll be because KC's defense loses 5+ games for them.

4 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Unfortunetly unless Lamar Jackson gets injured or somehow completely figured out. That team is WAY too good to not be a top 2 seed. If we somehow get the 2 seed, it'll be because KC's defense loses 5+ games for them.

Honestly, I think they are a great team, but they struggle vs teams that can run (really who have good balance), who are also good at defending the run. The Colts were already good vs the run, and we're going to be even better with Buckner. And while Jackson is very efficient, he doesn't pass for a lot of yards, and they aren't good at playing from behind. I really like our chances playing them at LOS this year.

Chiefs

Ravens

Steelers

Bills

Texans

Titans

Raiders

Patriots

Colts

Im going to go ahead and pump the brakes on this 2nd or 3rd best team in the conference nonsense. The Colts haven’t won the division in 5 years and only made the playoffs once in that span which required the greatest turnaround in NFL history. Rivers could be worn out or he could be decent.  The Chargers let him walk So I’m not holding my breath, I do admit he was the best choice available to us without selling the farm.

There are a lot of teams playing competitive football right now so should make for some great games.  Until the Colts or Rivers prove they can win consistently im sticking with my yearly prediction of they are a fringe playoff team. Hopefully Colts stay healthy and Rivers closes out his career with a bang. 

I went with the Titans.  I know the Chiefs & Ravens look to be the class of the AFC, but to make a run, the Colts need to secure at least one home playoff game, and that means they have to win the division.  And I think the Titans are the main obstacle to that.

I voted Titans, Ravens, and Chiefs. 

The titans because they're the only serious team in the division other than the Colts. Although maybe the Texans are secretly this elite team that they're foaming at the mouth to unleash.... Keegan-Michael Key Lol GIF by HULU

Then the Ravens and Chiefs for obvious reasons, although I think the Ravens may take a dip depending on how well their draft class does, and their QB reacts to consistency. 

11 hours ago, ColtUp said:

As a person with a family member who has just battled Covid, they work at an airport and went to the hospital, was on a ventilator for 2 weeks, had a fever of 104, was given the hydroxchloroquine combo for a week and fever was gone, off ventilator and gone home. 

It is a scary pneumonia that you can get but it is like a 0.05% mortality rate.  I don't believe 55k have died from it as states get more money for labeling a death as covid, and all deaths are being tagged as covid when it may of been the flu, cancer, heart attack, jumping out of a plane and forgetting parachute, etc.  Majority is over 80 years old then over 70 years old then almost non-existent.

Just my 2 cents.

You say that until you know someone in their 30’s or 40’s Die from it. The 55,000 dead is probably higher since States have been keeping presumptive deaths and actual deaths separate. Indiana has 88 presumptive deaths and 844 deaths

I'm going to say either the Texans or the Titans.  Winning the division is the first step on the road to the Superbowl.  It looks like the Texans took a step back,  but we'll see how it turns out.   They drafted good on the defensive side of the ball.  The Titans will be interesting.    I think they will be good again.  9-11 wins.

We play these 2 teams 4 times so they will be obstacles that is certain.   

23 hours ago, bestQBever said:

what does that have to with this year? Have you never seen a 7 and 9 team get better? It's not like we had a roller coaster 7-9 season either. When Jacoby wasn't stinking it up and managing games, we were 5-2 with wins over the Chiefs and Texans. I think the difference between Phillip Rivers and Jacoby is bigger than you think.

I am not dismissing what the Colts have done in the off season. Every team believes that thry have  improved. Do I think that Rivers is an upgrade over Brissett?.  Reich believes that Rivers has not regressed. However, this is the same organization that pushed the idea that Brissett was a starting qb in the NFL. Rivers is old, so I am just remaining cautious.

On 4/26/2020 at 9:42 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We have a better QB this year, makes a huge difference. We also just drafted one of the top 10 college RB's ever and picked up an all-pro on defense in Buckner.

U ask  most fans and they will tell u the same thing after the draft.  Their teams got better. For example. The Titans drafted a RT; a mailer. They drafted a corner who many think is a steal. We have to wait and see how the season plays out.

Archived