Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which team will finish last in 2021 with chance to draft Trevor Lawrence as #1

I vote the Redskins.  Haskins really isn't the answer and currently they are very likely to draft Edge Chase Young.  Now from what I can tell the Redskins still need an OT, WR, OG, CB, LB, TE, S and RB.  

Here is where it gets interesting folks.  Trevor Lawrence is said to be the best QB prospect to enter the NFL since Andrew Luck.  Since JB is getting paid to play handsomely this year and will be a FA in 2021...still with me?  Good because after the Redskins draft Young we make a phone call offering up our 2020 R1P13 and 2021 1st Round while giving them back their 2020 R2P2 for their 2021 1st Round pick.

Redskins should go after an OT with our R1P13 and more likely select a top WR or even Kmet in R2.  With the Redskins current QB situation we should have a very good chance to land Lawrence next year or at worst Justin Field (Ohio St).

57 minutes ago, coltsfanej said:

U want to give them 13 and 34 this year along with next year's 1st for their 1st next year? On the chance Trevor declares and doesnt get injured or regress, all while banking on the Redskins being the worst team in the league next year? 

Either that are we could just simply be obvious like the last two generational QBs we took and cough* cough* tank with Brissett leading us again this year.  Oh wait that's actually not a very far fetched outcome come to think of it.  Suppose we could always do a package deal and trade both Nelson and Leonard trying to gain leverage.  It's a mad mad world we live in.  Who knows NFL might get canceled this year due to the Coronavirus.

It looks like the Panthers to me, but who knows... Washington is another one I can see being bad.

In general right now it's probably more about the organizational direction and policy than the quality of the roster at this very moment, simply because the rosters right now can change dramatically after free agency, trades and the draft. But even then there is some uncertainty. For example, Miami last year made a clearcut decision as an organization to suck in 2019. Well, they did to a degree, but it seems like they've gotten a good coach who wouldn't allow them to suck their way to a no. 1 pick. 

Since this is so far before the free agency period begins and the draft happens it is really hard to tell what direction teams are going to go this upcoming season. What if the Chargers aren't huge fans of any of the QB's in this year's draft and don't want to be saddled with the huge contract of one of the free agent QB's? They could easily ride this season with Tyrod Taylor who could very well lead them to a #1 pick. This question, in my opinion, is better answered after the draft, but if forced to make a selection I would say it will be the Bengals or Chargers depending on what they do with their QB situation.

6 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Either that are we could just simply be obvious like the last two generational QBs we took and cough* cough* tank with Brissett leading us again this year.  Oh wait that's actually not a very far fetched outcome come to think of it.  Suppose we could always do a package deal and trade both Nelson and Leonard trying to gain leverage.  It's a mad mad world we live in.  Who knows NFL might get canceled this year due to the Coronavirus.

I dont know why some of you think we would tank if Jacoby started. We were literally a few plays away from being 10-6 and winning the division and making the playoffs. A competent kicker and Jacoby not getting injured we probably win 3 more games. Hoyer wouldn’t of seen the field.

1 hour ago, 912Colts said:

Lions could be it. Stafford has back injuries & they went 0-8 without him last year. If he goes down again look for them to be the worst team in football next year. Plus Patricia & Quinn are both on the hot seat. 

This seems like the best answer.

25 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

Let's ponder the worst case scenario.....

Brady leaves the Patriots..... and then, sinking faster than Teddy Kennedy's Buick.... Belichick orchestrates a 2-14 season and they wind up with the 1st overall pick in 2021.

Now that I've seen this idea I don't think I will ever be able to unsee it. :)

20 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I dont know why some of you think we would tank if Jacoby started. We were literally a few plays away from being 10-6 and winning the division and making the playoffs. A competent kicker and Jacoby not getting injured we probably win 3 more games. Hoyer wouldn’t of seen the field.

Even with JB at worse we would finish 6-10 if everything went bad all season. We have too good of a team to go 2-14 or 1-15 so I have no idea what people are thinking either. If they want the Colts to tank then give Scott Tolzien a call. I get people thinking JB is below average or bad but he isn't Tolzien/Painter bad. With the right surroundings and a healthy team, JB can actually play average to above average but the haters can't wrap their head around that. We were 5-2 before he got injured with him starting, facts are facts.

2 hours ago, 912Colts said:

Lions could be it. Stafford has back injuries & they went 0-8 without him last year. If he goes down again look for them to be the worst team in football next year. Plus Patricia & Quinn are both on the hot seat. 

This^^^^ The Lions are always a pretty good bet when asking who is going to be the worst team in the NFL.

10 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

If Colts stick with JB them

lol

i cant see that unless he gets hurt, if that happens and they dont bring in anyone else we could be high on the board

we have too many resources to not bring in someone though

4 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Skins or Lions

This is the most likely though Adam Gase and the Jets will give them a run for their money. If the Chargers don't play Tyrod Taylor and play a rookie QB, I could see them like the Giants with a rookie Daniel Jones losing far more than winning.

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we stick with JB, no way we finish worse than 6-10/7-9. Not happening.

Agreed. I don’t think Jacoby is good but this roster overall is. The Colts should win at least 6 games. It really depends on what happens in the draft and FA.

10 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

The Redkins will not be giving up on Haskins after 1 full year as a starter.  So even if they have the first pick in the draft, they will not be drafting a QB.

People thought the same about Arizona and Rosen but it seems like teams are more likely to move on quickly nowadays if they see a better prospect on the horizon. It's likely they stick with Haskins but IMO there is a chance they draft Tua too. 

15 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

I'm going to be different and say the Bengals, even with Burrow, they will still be a mess.  If they get #1 again next year, then they can trade that pick and make some headway in building their roster...assuming Lawrence enters the draft.

I was also thinking of them. The team is Swiss cheese in terms of talent. And I'm not convinced Zac Taylor has what it takes to be a head coach. I hope he proves me wrong. 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

People thought the same about Arizona and Rosen but it seems like teams are more likely to move on quickly nowadays if they see a better prospect on the horizon. It's likely they stick with Haskins but IMO there is a chance they draft Tua too. 

Arizona also got a new coach, no OC, etc. And many expected them to go with a QB the new coach wanted.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

The only problem with this is that Dwayne Haskins was from most accounts I've heard Daniel Snyder's choice. He wasn't Jay Gruden's or Bruce Allen's pick. This was the guy the owner wanted.  I don't know how quickly Dan will be willing to admit he made a mistake. So they could end up with the number 1 pick and not keep it or use it on Trevor Lawrence.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/10/04/redskins-are-verge-lost-season-so-what-do-they-do-with-dwayne-haskins/

Looking at the upcoming strength of schedule for teams the front runners would appear to be the Jets, Dolphins and Patriots.  If Brady does walk away in FA the Patriots become the front runner to win the Lawrence lottery.

I’ll go with the Jaguars. They have been drafting consistently in the top 5- 10 almost every year. Assuming most of the QB’s stay healthy next year this is how I have the teams ranked.

1. Jaguars - Consistently draft high.

2. Redskins - New coach and 2nd year QB. Same owner. 

3. Bengals - Rookie QB playing in the toughest division in football. 

4. Dolphins -  Fitzpatrick start most of the year until Tua is ready. 

5 Bears - They will likely take a step back this year with Trubisky at QB. 

Archived