Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Ngakoue about to be free agent-cryptic tweet

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He has some more tweets that indicate he is leaving. One says don’t believe everything you hear. That could be referring to what the GM said. He also has one that says Master of my own fate. Seems he wants to leave.

Leverage, threats, honest..... who knows.

BTW, what is this character's character?

He wants 20+ million a year, he's not worth it. He only had about 8 sacks this year and was a major liability in the running game. No way would I touch him for 20 million, no way.. If the OT gets their hands on him it's over, so teams started just running right at him and it worked, he's been very ineffective..

1 hour ago, PrestonColt said:

i mean the Jags have like no money and a lot of players hate it there so not surprised he wants to leave and get paid and paid a lot. 
P.S Colts should take a run at him or Arik Armstead two fast big guys on the edge

Good post. Armistead is 6'7 290 and Nqawhatever is a runt 6'2 246. We already have 2 little ones.

10 hours ago, PrestonColt said:

i mean the Jags have like no money and a lot of players hate it there so not surprised he wants to leave and get paid and paid a lot. 
P.S Colts should take a run at him or Arik Armstead two fast big guys on the edge

I don’t get why people on this board seem to be enamored with Armstead... He has 19.5 sacks in his career and 10.5 of them were this year and with studs around him.  Hard pass...

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

Big upgrade to replace Sheard

Personally...   I hope Sheard is brought back, but NOT as a starter.   I think he’d be excellent as a quality backup and clubhouse leader where he excelled.  

Ballard likes having 10 dl’s on the roster.  I hope Sheard is one of them.  

44 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Personally...   I hope Sheard is brought back, but NOT as a starter.   I think he’d be excellent as a quality backup and clubhouse leader where he excelled.  

Sheard would be too expensive to bring back as a backup especially with the type of contract it would take to sign Yannick

11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Sheard would be too expensive to bring back as a backup especially with the type of contract it would take to sign Yannick

Well...   a couple of points...    I think Sheard is only going to be offered back-up money,  so it might as well be ours.

Second...     there's no saying Yannick is going to be on the Colts,  so I still want Sheard as a backup.....

Third....       even if we sign Yannick, Ballard stil believes in 10 DL's,  and some are going to make decent money, so we should still be able to afford to sign Jabaal, no matter what happens.   A 20 mill per year contract still leaves the Colts with lots of money to spend.

Fourth....    if Sheard is offered starter money elsewhere,  good for him,  THEN we lose him.

• Like 1

It just means that he's free.  So he's able to now sign a multi year deal with the Jags if they meet his demands, rather than being franchised.

We just spent 2 second rounders on EDGES to develop, and Houston is under contract.  He would not be a great investment considering how we just invested.

11 hours ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

I don’t get why people on this board seem to be enamored with Armstead... He has 19.5 sacks in his career and 10.5 of them were this year and with studs around him.  Hard pass...

he was one of the best Dline in the league this year

some are calling it a breakout year, they might tag him 

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well...   a couple of points...    I think Sheard is only going to be offered back-up money,  so it might as well be ours.

Second...     there's no saying Yannick is going to be on the Colts,  so I still want Sheard as a backup.....

Third....       even if we sign Yannick, Ballard stil believes in 10 DL's,  and some are going to make decent money, so we should still be able to afford to sign Jabaal, no matter what happens.   A 20 mill per year contract still leaves the Colts with lots of money to spend.

Fourth....    if Sheard is offered starter money elsewhere,  good for him,  THEN we lose him.

Sheard is still a starter in this league. I can't see him taking backup money

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Sheard is still a starter in this league. I can't see him taking backup money

You could be entirely correct.    I easily could be misreading his worth to other teams. 

I like the guy.   I think he has overall value to the team.   I just think his starting days are past him.  At least I hope so.   I want him back.   But as a backup.   We will find out in March...

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Plus Sheard is still an elite edge setter. The run D improved greatly when he came back from injury. 

• Thanks 1

I doubt Jones gets out of KC.  I would love to have him, but let's be real.  If he leaves, they have NOBODY to stop the run, and they aren't good at it now.

I would echo sentiments here in adding DL both via the draft and in FA.  The foundations of franchises are built along the fronts.  We have built up the OL fairly well.  Now it's time to fix the DL.

• Like 1