Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby Brissett Impressions (Perma Merge)

WarGhost21

No excuses for JB he made mistakes, the WR made mistakes, the Refs made SERIOUS mistakes but......I love JB! Every QB makes stupid throws and every WR drops the ball. Unfortunately we have had that happen in the last 2 games and with them being divisional games those mistakes are magnified even more! We need some WR who will go up and fight for the ball. I’m not saying it still would t be an interception but Zach could’ve made more of an effort to arch that ball instead of standing there and watching the safety catch it! Would it have made a difference? Maybe. Maybe not. Before anyone jumps all over me yes, I was there, I’m a ST holder. So I saw the play IRL. Regardless, this is JB first year of being THE guy. He was just as surprised by AL’s retirement as the rest of us. I think JB is going to improve, and keep improving! He’s the guy, just wait and see all the JB nay sayers will be back on the MB talking about how much they love him.

Really. Chad Kelly not to be mean but he couldn’t even beat Miami. In regards to comparing him to PM did anyone go to any of the games when he first started in Indy? My parents had ST and I went a couple time. OMG it was awful! Couldn’t give Colts fox away...look what became of him! He is a hall of fame QB and arguable one of the best that ever played in the NFL! Imagine the pressure JB is under and yes I know it’s his job blah blah but if you went to work one day and was told you were running the company the next day with the world watching you........do you think you would do everything perfect or make mistake while you are growing into your new role? Just saying, I think JB has done a great job while being compared to AL every Sunday, getting the same stupid questions from the press week after week about AL and trying to live up to the expectations from the organization, teammates, coaches & fans.  Jut maybe another way to look at it without being so harsh.  Remember we are colts fans and we believe in blue! We don’t give up and keep on fighting and we don’t throw players to the sideline because they made mistakes. As long as they are learning and growing from their mistakes, we are going in the right direction! Again, no excuses, JB made mistakes however, we WIN as a TEAM and we LOSE as a TEAM it’s NEVER one persons fault . TEAM JB

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ColtsFamilyOfFans said:

So would the board be in favor of trading up to get a top QB?  If so, what would you trade to get the #1 pick (likely Borrow)?  #2 or #3 pick (say Tua)?  A #4 - #8 pick (say Hebert)? 

With the way this season is ending we might not have to trade up at all. I don’t want to trade the farm though where it takes away us being able to take a stud WR at least in the second round. We have some holes we still need filled.

One thing though is will one of the QB who is more nfl ready then Love be there when we pick. 

25 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Wouldn’t they trade him. I don’t see how they could afford  to just release him. It’s clear minshew might be the guy next year after benching Foles today.

Don’t know, it’s passed the trade deadline and if the Twitter rumors are true about them debating releasing him, then who knows. The Jags have done stupider things in the past

14 minutes ago, ColtsFamilyOfFans said:

So would the board be in favor of trading up to get a top QB?  If so, what would you trade to get the #1 pick (likely Borrow)?  #2 or #3 pick (say Tua)?  A #4 - #8 pick (say Hebert)? 

Just remember, it’s not where you draft, it’s who you draft. Ryan Leaf RG3 were both number 2 picks , they flopped. Andrew Luck was a bust (we can debate the merits of that later) & and he went number 1 overall. Same with Jarmacus Russell.

Aaron Rodger was 24th, Drew Brees was 33rd,  Tom Brady was 199th overall,  look how they’ve done. 

No such thing as a sure fire QB at any round or pick. 

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Just remember, it’s not where you draft, it’s who you draft. Ryan Leaf RG3 were both number 2 picks , they flopped. Andrew Luck was a bust (we can debate the merits of that later) & and he went number 1 overall. Same with Jarmacus Russell.

Aaron Rodger was 24th, Drew Brees was 33rd,  Tom Brady was 199th overall,  look how they’ve done. 

No such thing as a sure fire QB at any round or pick. 

Luck a bust?? :sigh:

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Luck a bust?? :sigh:

Look at any top “bust” lists and you’ll see plenty of players who when healthy, were superstuds, but had their careers cut short by injuries, not by their level of play. Luck squarely fits that criteria. A once in a generational talent who Frankly got us nothing in return. Blame Pagano, Blame Grigson, it doesn’t matter, result is the same

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Look at any top “bust” lists and you’ll see plenty of players who when healthy, were superstuds, but had their careers cut short by injuries, not by their level of play. Luck squarely fits that criteria. 

Any player who had their career shortened by injury is not a bust.

I suppose you think Terrell Davis is a bust?

26 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t know if anyone saw the Denver game today. Drew Lock looked really good. It gives us hope if we pick the right QB we will be just fine. A rookie can do pretty well if you already have a very good defense.

what happened to a rookie QB being bad and wasting our young players prime?

Colts fans wouldn't be salty that Luck isn't playing right now if he was a bust. Disappointment that's hard to categorize, sure. Bust? Not even kind of. Bust implies you thought the guy could play and he can't. Luck was/is an awesome QB. Maybe not generational, but even that's kind of grey to me, because I'm 100% sure there's 20 teams or more that'd be happy to have him right now. 

2 hours ago, FiddleSticks said:

Not sure what Colts team you are watching but we are not in the same category as the Pats, Chiefs and Ravens. The Colts just don’t care and they are playing like it. They actually are reminding me of the Redskins. I stated back in August that their season was over before it started and I stand by my statements.......they don’t deserve even a wildcard spot. But they don’t have to worry about it because they won’t be getting one. Maybe next year they won’t suck.......but I doubt it. :(

guess you haven't read anything on here I think JB and the colts offense is terrible we have hmonly won cause our schedule was easy as hell

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Colts fans wouldn't be salty that Luck isn't playing right now if he was a bust. Disappointment that's hard to categorize, sure. Bust? Not even kind of. Bust implies you thought the guy could play and he can't. Luck was/is an awesome QB. Maybe not generational, but even that's kind of grey to me, because I'm 100% sure there's 20 teams or more that'd be happy to have him right now. 

I'd say he was thought to be a generational talent coming into the NFL, and simply never finished writing his story. Would have been nice to see him play with the improved depth that Ballard is building. Like I said earlier this year, I think at minimum Luck will be rethinking this decision by end of next year. If he does, frankly not sure I want him back if we draft someone in the spring. I simply don't know if  I want to fear him leaving every time he gets dinged up.

15 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Seems that first HOU game was a big outlier. I think he might go on IR at this point...under the guise of knee injury.

He had his second most passing yards of thr season today with pascal as his number one.  Int and not getting scores while in titans territory cost him the game today.

15 minutes ago, MPStack said:

21.5 million

That’s a lot to retain JB in 2020.

IIRC, it's right in the middle (14th-18th ish) in current QB pay. 

It's a "lot", but it's not really "a lot".

In short, I'm good with what they did this year given the lack of options. If they extend him this off season again, I'll be like WTH...

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

IIRC, it's right in the middle (14th-18th ish) in current QB pay. 

It's a "lot", but it's not really "a lot".

In short, I'm good with what they did this year given the lack of options. If they extend him this off season again, I'll be like WTH...

Still blows my mind they didn’t wait until after the season, as JB really had zero leverage. 

3 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Still blows my mind they didn’t wait until after the season, as JB really had zero leverage. 

Had he balled out, he would have had serious leverage and we'd be in a bad spot, and him likely being less than happy because we didn't extend. IMO, it's working out for everyone. We can bail easily if we want, keep him if we want, etc..

1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

I don’t know if this is a photo shopped pic or not but it is how I think JB views the field. Locks onto 1 guy and ignores everything else. 

There's been film like this all year. I really wish it took someone photo shopping it to be that bad... lol, but nope. That's why I've said for a while, all you have to do is guard his first read. Doesn't matter if you have 4 Julio Joneses out there, he isn't seeing them.

3 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Also can we at least acknowledge that when he had the team at 5-2 he was cooking. Then he hurt his knee in the Pittsburgh game and hasn’t been the same since. Also it doesn’t help losing 4 top receiving threats. Even the Brissett Bashers have to acknowledge that makes life difficult. 

"cooking" is not the word I would use. In his first 7 games he had four sub 50 QBR games. That's not great, it's not good, and it's not average. It's below average. Up till then he had a few decent games, and some very good moments. He was still struggling with progressions and seeing open targets. We were just all happy because we had more Ws than Ls. It's taken till now for a lot of the services to push negative stuff like the All22 stuff and other shots. Honeymoon is over.

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Had he balled out, he would have had serious leverage and we'd be in a bad spot, and him likely being less than happy because we didn't extend. IMO, it's working out for everyone. We can bail easily if we want, keep him if we want, etc..

There's been film like this all year. I really wish it took someone photo shopping it to be that bad... lol, but nope. That's why I've said for a while, all you have to do is guard his first read. Doesn't matter if you have 4 Julio Joneses out there, he isn't seeing them.

That was photo shopped unless the Titans had 2 defensive players on the field lmao . You think JB is so bad right now you even believe that bull. My 70 year old mom could complete a pass in that pic :funny:. He didn't have anyone open all day pretty much, I watched the whole game.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I simply don't know if  I want to fear him leaving every time he gets dinged up.

Aside from the hard feelings about this season that may or may not exist- I'd guess they do, but I don't know for fact, this would have to be the main point of contention for Ballard. Irsay would have him back in a fraction of a second, but Ballard wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't really root that out in conversation with Luck. That's the nexus of why he quit and why he's not coming back in my estimation- getting dinged up. He's got 100 odd million bucks and no job bugging him or getting him hurt. The only thing that would change his mind is his pride I'd guess, but he's not just a football guy, he can put that energy elsewhere. I kind of doubted he'd play past 35-ish from the onset, so if he want's back in and I don't think he does, it'd have to be semi-permanent in Ballards mind. The team would be better, but long term I think the questions that are now coming into focus would still be there if Luck hypothetically did come back.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That was photo shopped unless the Titans had 2 defensive players on the field lmao . You think JB is so bad right now you even believe that bull. My 70 year old mom could complete a pass in that pic :funny:. He didn't have anyone open all day pretty much, I watched the whole game.

Looked like 4 man rush can C6. 

You really believe LOCP would photo shop lol...

What about the all 22 from last week that showed pretty much the same things.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Looked like 4 man rush can C6. 

You really believe LOCP would photo shop lol...

What about the all 22 from last week that showed pretty much the same things.

So no CB's or safeties were on the field and JB had not 1 but 2 WR's wide open and didn't see it lmao . OK. I watched the game and did not see that all game. There is not one time I seen that play.

On 11/20/2019 at 11:53 AM, GoatBeard said:

Think of how frustrating it must be to claim we cant win and spending hours compiling stats to support your claim, all while we are actually winning more games?

Some cant see the forest for the trees.

Yeah...think of how frustrating it is for anyone to have such stats,  then present it to someone like you, just to be dismissed and proved right weeks later...

Will you ever own up to it? Because you have a lot of owning up to do...

Unless you want to insist on Jacoby's future as QB?

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So no CB's or safeties were on the field and JB had not 1 but 2 WR's wide open and didn't see it lmao . OK. I watched the game and did not see that all game. There is not one time I seen that play.

c6 is a soft zone, rushing 4. it's 3rd and 10 and the rest are in coverage.

did you look at all 22s from last week, or stampede Blue's write up.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2019/11/27/20984835/film-room-jacoby-brissett-comes-up-short-in-a-big-divisional-game

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Then click on the pic and scroll down through the comments to a video of that play. It isn't photoshopped.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

c6 is a soft zone, rushing 4. it's 3rd and 10 and the rest are in coverage.

did you look at all 22s from last week, or stampede Blue's write up.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2019/11/27/20984835/film-room-jacoby-brissett-comes-up-short-in-a-big-divisional-game

Yeah I seen it/watched it. In the pic that was posted it made it look like there was no CB's on the field at all. Not true at all. At this point this JB bashing by many is comical. Maybe next year we can get a new kicking QB, the way of the site I guess. Not my way but some seem to love it. If we play Kelly or draft Love and they play lousy I still won't point out every time they make a mistake, etc.. Brissett doesn't deserve this fanbase IMO and should request a trade. If I knew him personally I would tell him that. So we can go to the next kicking QB. 

Archived