Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby Brissett Impressions (Perma Merge)


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, stitches said:

This is not even new. Although this game was particularly bad, it's not like @Superman and @EastStreet and @SteelCityColt and me haven't been posting very similar highlights already in multiple games. 

 

Now the new excuse is - it's not just Jacoby, every QB has plays like this. Which is true... to a point - yes every QB, even the best of them miss a throw here and there. The problem is with Jacoby it's not just here and there, it's consistent and persistent. It happens much more than with most other starting QBs in the league. The stats showing the passing inefficiency are not by accident, they reflect real things going on on the field... The first time I noticed it was when in a 2 minute video that was meant as a highlight video for Brissett you could find 2-3 plays where he was missing open receivers dowfield and opting out for check downs. This is not just a here and there thing... It's a continuous problem that was masked by the rest of the team in the beginning of the season but is starting to bite us in the * now and will continue to do so if not addressed and corrected...

Every time an excuse is dispelled, another one pops up. It's to the point of ridiculousness. Even when folks temporarily run out of excuses, it reverts to the anecdotal "we should be thankful", "leadership", and "the locker room loves him" narratives. The constant excuses are like Whac-A-Mole... 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep...he creates posts daily that discuss the QB position. Even the thread about wanting to draft a certain QB tie back to the idea of giving JB more time.

Okay So as I watch the Niners game I am noticing that Jimmy G is operating the game in a way thenReich and the Colts want JB to. I have the a huge take...   Jimmy G is no better than JB

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

can't forget number 2 in the JB fan club @Imgrandojji

 

even tho he has seemed to disappear after JB crapped the bed.

Good catch lol. Hope he is just enjoying the holidays. I'm sure he'll be back.

I just got done with round 1 and chilling before part 2 later this evening. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Every time an excuse is dispelled, another one pops up. It's to the point of ridiculousness. Even when folks temporarily run out of excuses, it reverts to the anecdotal "we should be thankful", "leadership", and "the locker room loves him" narratives. The constant excuses are like Whac-A-Mole... 

I wouldn't go as far as to say people are using excuses when it comes to saying stuff like our WR core is average at best and have been banged up, JB having great leadership, and the locker room loving him. All of those things are actually fact not opinion. We should do a poll, you should do one and ask people what QB do you want next season to QB the Colts? I will write down what everyone votes on and lets see how it goes. To the people that constantly bring up stats or say JB isn't any good, I will do the same next season to everyone's else's choice if we stink next season. I will pick and prod and bring up stats, etc. if we stink. You guys would not like that at all and maybe some of us are just tired of some people being all over JB's back. With JB at QB the overall team hasn't been that bad and we have had some major injuries. 

 

In reality we should be "thankful" that we had JB to fill in for Luck because otherwise we would've stunk with the options we had. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Every time an excuse is dispelled, another one pops up. It's to the point of ridiculousness. Even when folks temporarily run out of excuses, it reverts to the anecdotal "we should be thankful", "leadership", and "the locker room loves him" narratives. The constant excuses are like Whac-A-Mole... 

 

It is funny, but just like watching a good episode of Jerry Springer, I would often visit the Titans Reddit sub earlier this year.  I would just laugh at all the "Mariota Superfans" creating all sorts of excuses for him and blast those that supported Tannehill.  They would blame every other part of the team, coaches, coordinators, etc.  

 

Now they are singing a different tune.  My point is, if the forum is constant having these debates, then he isn't a franchise QB.  There will always be a few who go against the grain, but when film and stats come out each week....time to seek other options.  An extended period of this is the definition of QB purgatory.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, bhougland said:

 

It is funny, but just like watching a good episode of Jerry Springer, I would often visit the Titans Reddit sub earlier this year.  I would just laugh at all the "Mariota Superfans" creating all sorts of excuses for him and blast those that supported Tannehill.  They would blame every other part of the team, coaches, coordinators, etc.  

 

Now they are singing a different tune.  My point is, if the forum is constant having these debates, then he isn't a franchise QB.  There will always be a few who go against the grain, but when film and stats come out each week....time to seek other options.  An extended period of this is the definition of QB purgatory.

Tannehill really isn't all that either. Look at his huge sample size in Miami. He is a .500 QB with no playoff wins in many years with them. He has had a couple of good games with the Titans so now some people think he is great lmao . Regarding Mariota, he was the 2nd pick in the draft so why wouldn't their fans hold out hope for him being good? Regarding JB, name 1 person in here that is a JB superfan. Nobody is in here. People defend him like I do but just because you defend someone doesn't make one a superfan. Now you sound worse than me when I say people hate JB when they say he stinks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wouldn't go as far as to say people are using excuses when it comes to saying stuff like our WR core is average at best and have been banged up, JB having great leadership, and the locker room loving him. All of those things are actually fact not opinion. We should do a poll, you should do one and ask people what QB do you want next season to QB the Colts? I will write down what everyone votes on and lets see how it goes. To the people that constantly bring up stats or say JB isn't any good, I will do the same next season to everyone's else's choice if we stink next season. I will pick and prod and bring up stats, etc. if we stink. You guys would not like that at all and maybe some of us are just tired of some people being all over JB's back. With JB at QB the overall team hasn't been that bad and we have had some major injuries. 

 

In reality we should be "thankful" that we had JB to fill in for Luck because otherwise we would've stunk with the options we had. 

You'll see that I'll be critical of any player being bad, and I'll be complimentary of any player when they are good. You have to admit that I was very complimentary of JB after the Houston game. And I was also very optimistic about him in G2. 

 

As far as another QB is concerned, even if it's one that I "want" in the draft, I'll be just as critical and expect whomever it is to have sustained and consistent improvement. And if they bust, I'll be looking to make a change until we get it right. I'll do that for any position, not just QB. You won't have to pick and prod, because I'll pub stats without bias.

 

As far as excuses, I hate more than anything that people try to shift blame on undeserved positions or units. If folks want to criticize the OL or WR or TE or any... Do it with context, and don't do it because you're trying to excuse another player's poor performance. For instance, WR was anemic and banged up last year at times, but we still had the #6 passing O. Context without bias.

 

I will do a poll though like you suggested. You don't need to write it down though as it thread won'd disappear lol. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tannehill really isn't all that either. Look at his huge sample size in Miami. He is a .500 QB with no playoff wins in many years with them. He has had a couple of good games with the Titans so now some people think he is great lmao . Regarding Mariota, he was the 2nd pick in the draft so why wouldn't their fans hold out hope for him being good? Regarding JB, name 1 person in here that is a JB superfan. Nobody is in here. People defend him like I do but just because you defend someone doesn't make one a superfan. Now you sound worse than me when I say people hate JB when they say he stinks. 

Context..... Miami is and has been very very bad. TN's OL is pretty bad too yet Tannehill has been playing very well. I don't think he's all that either, but he's no in a better position (than Miami), and he's starting to raise the level of his play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

You'll see that I'll be critical of any player being bad, and I'll be complimentary of any player when they are good. You have to admit that I was very complimentary of JB after the Houston game. And I was also very optimistic about him in G2. 

 

As far as another QB is concerned, even if it's one that I "want" in the draft, I'll be just as critical and expect whomever it is to have sustained and consistent improvement. And if they bust, I'll be looking to make a change until we get it right. I'll do that for any position, not just QB. You won't have to pick and prod, because I'll pub stats without bias.

 

As far as excuses, I hate more than anything that people try to shift blame on undeserved positions or units. If folks want to criticize the OL or WR or TE or any... Do it with context, and don't do it because you're trying to excuse another player's poor performance. For instance, WR was anemic and banged up last year at times, but we still had the #6 passing O. Context without bias.

 

I will do a poll though like you suggested. You don't need to write it down though as it thread won'd disappear lol. 

 

 

Fair enough.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Good catch lol. Hope he is just enjoying the holidays. I'm sure he'll be back.

I just got done with round 1 and chilling before part 2 later this evening. 

I feel ya that's how my family is round 1 was at like 1pm round 2 is he at like 6 lol 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tannehill really isn't all that either. Look at his huge sample size in Miami. He is a .500 QB with no playoff wins in many years with them. He has had a couple of good games with the Titans so now some people think he is great lmao . Regarding Mariota, he was the 2nd pick in the draft so why wouldn't their fans hold out hope for him being good? Regarding JB, name 1 person in here that is a JB superfan. Nobody is in here. People defend him like I do but just because you defend someone doesn't make one a superfan. Now you sound worse than me when I say people hate JB when they say he stinks. 

 

I never said he was, only that they are happy right now after moving on from Mariota.  The stats and game film won't really come out until he loses games they should win or is precieved to be holding them back.  

 

Every QB has bad games, but consistently showing the same issues is when the "realist" fans will start with the criticism.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I feel ya that's how my family is round 1 was at like 1pm round 2 is he at like 6 lol 

Round 2 coming up in 3-2-1

My favorite though is post game. Turkey sandwiches, turkey pot pies, Manhattans, etc. for days! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Please feel free to keep my bias in check :thmup:

I'm an equal opportunity stats guy with both criticism or compliments.

Same here, hey if JB stinks it up you know I will say so. I posted yesterday to you that he laid a massive turd in Houston. I call it like I see it too :thmup:. Happy Thanksgiving by the way. I feel like a stuffed turkey lol fat homer simpson GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Same here, hey if JB stinks it up you know I will say so. I posted yesterday to you that he laid a massive turd in Houston. I call it like I see it too :thmup:. Happy Thanksgiving by the way. I feel like a stuffed turkey lol fat homer simpson GIF

FWIW it looks like Dak is stinking it up right now against the Bills.  He's made a couple of terrible throw so far and some are short ones too.  Still plenty of time for him to pull it out though.  Both teams kickers haven't looked good either.  I have a feeling we will see a lot of kickers drafted this year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

FWIW it looks like Dak is stinking it up right now against the Bills.  He's made a couple of terrible throw so far and some are short ones too.  Still plenty of time for him to pull it out though.  Both teams kickers haven't looked good either.  I have a feeling we will see a lot of kickers drafted this year. 

Yep even Dak about to be 6-6 and he has a good O.Line, good defense, and a great RB. It happens in the NFL. Should Dallas draft someone different to replace him? Dak has had a huge sample size in the same system. That team should be 10-6 with ease with the talent they have.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Same here, hey if JB stinks it up you know I will say so. I posted yesterday to you that he laid a massive turd in Houston. I call it like I see it too :thmup:. Happy Thanksgiving by the way. I feel like a stuffed turkey lol fat homer simpson GIF

I know you will. I think we both want to see him rock and roll.

I feel like a stuffed turkey, stuffed inside a stuffed cow....

I even had to make extra gravy..... and ate way too many d'eggs.

Dreading clean up here in a little bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep even Dak about to be 6-6 and he has a good O.Line, good defense, and a great RB. It happens in the NFL. Should Dallas draft someone different to replace him? Dak has had a huge sample size in the same system. That team should be 10-6 with ease with the talent they have.

 

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dak Prescott leads the league in passing yards, where has that got Dallas? Nowhere. Great example right here why yards passing stats aren't everything. I bet some Dallas fans who have win 5 SB wins would rather have Brissett. 

 

Context... Look at who Dallas has lost too. A 10-1 NE, 9-3 Buff, 9-2 NO, 8-3 GB, 8-3 MN, and a turd at NYJs. That's 4 Div leaders and 5 teams that are currently in the playoffs. The NYJ is a pretty wacky game if you look at the nonsense, and the difference is a missed Dallas FG.

 

Very different situation than Indy.

 

And... they still lead their division.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

 

 

Context... Look at who Dallas has lost too. A 10-1 NE, 9-3 Buff, 9-2 NO, 8-3 GB, 8-3 MN, and a turd at NYJs. That's 4 Div leaders and 5 teams that are currently in the playoffs. The NYJ is a pretty wacky game if you look at the nonsense, and the difference is a missed Dallas FG.

 

Very different situation than Indy.

 

And... they still lead their division.

 

 

Their division stinks and the Colts have a better record than they do. Why is it never context when the Colts lose? I can say context = If JB plays against Miami we are 7-4 and if Mack plays against Houston and TY is healthy we are more than likely 8-3 and running away with the division. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dak Prescott 8.6 YPA - 3rd in the league, leads the league in yards passing. So to the stats people, explain it to me like I am a 4 year old as Denzel would say in the Philadelphia. Why are they 6-6 if this is the most important stat? They even have a good O.Line, good defense, great RB, and play in a bad division. explain denzel washington GIF, case closed :thmup:. That stat is like any stat, it can be overrated at times. The People that use it against JB fits their narrative that say he isn't any good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Their division stinks and the Colts have a better record than they do. Why is it never context when the Colts lose? I can say context = If JB plays against Miami we are 7-4 and if Mack plays against Houston and TY is healthy we are more than likely 8-3 and running away with the division. 

I wouldn't say Dallas or the Eagles stink. W/Ls aren't everything lol... NYG and Washington, sure, but I'd say Dallas and the Eagles are better than any AFCS team.Their SoS kills ours. We'd be under dogs on a neutral field to either. The only "good" team that Indy and Houston has beat is KC, and both those have an *

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the constant point making about JB not hitting receivers down field.  What is the context of it?

 

What, in the opinion of the forum, are the most egregious failures an offense can have?  I'll give my top five.

 

Turning the ball over.

Going three and out.

Getting no points after a possession-hogging drive.

Failing to convert a first down after moving the ball. 

Failure to score at least 21 points in a game.

 

Where on the list, and how much impact does it go towards winning football games is,

 

Failure to hit open receivers down field?

 

I much prefer an offense that can consistently avoid the first five and will gladly give up the last if I have too.  

 

Others have that list reversed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DougDew said:

In the constant point making about JB not hitting receivers down field.  What is the context of it?

 

What, in the opinion of the forum, are the most egregious failures an offense can have?  I'll give my top five.

 

Turning the ball over.

Going three and out.

Getting no points after a possession-hogging drive.

Failing to convert a first down after moving the ball. 

Failure to score at least 21 points in a game.

 

Where on the list, and how much impact does it go towards winning football games is,

 

Failure to hit open receivers down field?

 

I much prefer an offense that can consistently avoid the first five and will gladly give up the last if I have too.  

 

Others have that list reversed?

Hitting open receivers helps you to avoid the things on your list

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DougDew said:

Sure, I know.   Hitting short ones helps avoid them too.

 

He did neither against the Texans.    His last game was by far his worst in my opinion.    Hopefully they got his confidence up.    He double clutched every pass last week.   Zero passes on time 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

Luck will unretire by April before the 2020 draft and the storyline goes that Luck will be the savior of the Colts before the 2020 season begins.

 

It's not impossible, but Luck himself made it sound 'improbable'that he would return.

 

“I can’t see the future,” Luck responded. “But I very clearly in my mind see that I won’t.”

Luck seemed at peace with his decision.

 

Almost relieved. “Clarity” was the word he used on multiple occasions.

 

Does anyone know how his ankle/calf is coming along? (I doubt it)  Is he still rehabbing on his own with his own medical team?

 

If he isn't 100% healthy nor in physical shape enough to enter OTA's/camp in 2020, then...   :thinking::(

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that he is doing very well, considering how and when he got here . Literally he was sitting home one day , not really expecting to play at all in the immediate future .. Then Luck drops his bombshell, and the next day he is told, " Suit up !! You are our starting quarterback  next Sunday !" Honestly I was surprised that  he managed to even get moderately familiar with the playbook in that short a time ! Yes he has had his problems. But he keeps trying, and he gets a little better each game. Even when we lose, he gains a little more experience . Plus I remember back in the  " Dim Times " when we were trying to play with QBs like Harbaugh and even ( crossing myself ) Jeff George !! Jacoby has problems that he is working to overcome, but compared to Harbaugh  and George,  I believe JB has a bright future. So lets support him for now and not cast him aside when troubles arise , like we did with another QB named MANNING ! I think we all remember what happened when we got rid of Peyton, right ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Thorolf said:

I think that he is doing very well, considering how and when he got here . Literally he was sitting home one day , not really expecting to play at all in the immediate future .. Then Luck drops his bombshell, and the next day he is told, " Suit up !! You are our starting quarterback  next Sunday !" Honestly I was surprised that  he managed to even get moderately familiar with the playbook in that short a time ! Yes he has had his problems. But he keeps trying, and he gets a little better each game. Even when we lose, he gains a little more experience . Plus I remember back in the  " Dim Times " when we were trying to play with QBs like Harbaugh and even ( crossing myself ) Jeff George !! Jacoby has problems that he is working to overcome, but compared to Harbaugh  and George,  I believe JB has a bright future. So lets support him for now and not cast him aside when troubles arise , like we did with another QB named MANNING ! I think we all remember what happened when we got rid of Peyton, right ??

Since 1984 when the Colts moved to Indianapolis, JB is easily the 4th best QB we have ever had. Only Peyton, Luck, and Harbaugh were better and we have had at least 15 or so QB's that have played in a few games, most of them have sucked. I liked Hasselbeck but he was just too old when he was with us and could give us maybe 2 or 3 good games. Hasselbeck prime was good! Jack Trudeau helped us win the 1987 Division but Dickerson was our offense in reality. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Thorolf said:

I think that he is doing very well, considering how and when he got here . Literally he was sitting home one day , not really expecting to play at all in the immediate future .. Then Luck drops his bombshell, and the next day he is told, " Suit up !! You are our starting quarterback  next Sunday !" Honestly I was surprised that  he managed to even get moderately familiar with the playbook in that short a time !

 

I can't tell if this is referring to the initial trade when we first acquired JB or Lucks retirement. If it's referring to the initial trade than I don't understand what it has to do with JB currently.  If it's referring to the current season it isn't accurate at all.  :scratch:

 

40 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

But he keeps trying, and he gets a little better each game.

 

That's the problem he really isn't getting better each game.

 

1 hour ago, Thorolf said:

So lets support him for now and not cast him aside when troubles arise , like we did with another QB named MANNING ! I think we all remember what happened when we got rid of Peyton, right ??

 

Wow .. .are we reaching a little bit? These situations are not even comparable ... try again.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, esmort said:

 

I can't tell if this is referring to the initial trade when we first acquired JB or Lucks retirement. If it's referring to the initial trade than I don't understand what it has to do with JB currently.  If it's referring to the current season it isn't accurate at all.  :scratch:

 

 

That's the problem he really isn't getting better each game.

 

 

Wow .. .are we reaching a little bit? These situations are not even comparable ... try again.

 

Actually I didn't say that quote, that was all Thorolf haha . JB played his worst game of the season last week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually I didn't say that quote, that was all Thorolf haha . JB played his worst game of the season last week.

 

Sorry, I might have accidentally grabbed his quote from your response when I was scrolling back up to his post ... all quotes were meant to be from his post. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, esmort said:

 

Sorry, I might have accidentally grabbed his quote from your response when I was scrolling back up to his post ... all quotes were meant to be from his post. 

I have done that before too, no biggy. When I read that I was like wait a second I already said JB played terrible last week lmao 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's assume Colts brass are convinced Brissett is not the long term answer, and Luck stays retired. What do you do? 

1. Draft a QB, let him sit a year while Brissett starts

2. Draft a QB, start him

3. Let Brissett and Kelly compete for the starting job

4. Sign a veteran. Play him a year or two, while grooming a drafted QB or Kelly

 

Who from this list would you take for a year or two?

 

2020 UFA QB's:

Brady - does he re-sign or retire?

Brees, Bridgewater - what do the Saints do? Keep the future or hold onto the past? This will be really interesting.

Rivers - Are they drafting a QB, re-signing PR, or both?

Manning - sign somewhere else or retire?

Winston - re-sign?

Mariota - will hit FA

Tannehill - re-sign with Titans, unless he implodes the last 5 weeks.

Prescott - re-sign with Cowboys, or franchise tag?

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so everyone knows the national NFL news seems to really like Jacoby. I have been very intrigued by the Jordan Love, Jalen Hurts stuff, so I’ve been looking at Mock drafts. The predominate amount have is taking skills positions like WR, S and DT. They view Jacoby as needing a little more help at those positions but feel that he can win in the NFL and be a productive QB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Nadine locked and unlocked this topic
  • Nadine unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...