Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you think the Colts Make the Playoffs?

Coltsman1788

Will the Colts Make the Playoffs?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Currently at 5-4, Do you think the Colts make the playoffs this season?

• Yes...the Colts will respond...I believe in Ballard & Reich.
    • Playoffs...playoffs? Don’t talk to me about playoffs!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/17/2019 at 05:00 PM

The organization is not interested in making the playoffs IMO. When you are playing with a kicker that has clearly lost it and are not seeking to upgrade. It borderline tanking if you ask me. This team wants a top 15 pick. Ballard is fascinated with collecting 2nd day draft picks. He will trade down again this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

My response is not listed...

"Excited to see the depth continue to grow, playoffs would be gravy".

I respect that...but this poll is simple one...are they making it or not?  I recognize that going into this season fans had differing expectations for this team. 

18 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

They have struggled in what was considered the easy stretch of their schedule.  But they are still 5-4 and in the mix for a possible playoff spot.  Do you think they will rally and get in or is their performance over the past three weeks a harbinger of what is to come? 

They don't deserve a spot when you lose to a team full of bartenders.

10 minutes ago, Introspect said:

The organization is not interested in making the playoffs IMO. When you are playing with a kicker that has clearly lost it and are not seeking to upgrade. It borderline tanking if you ask me. This team wants a top 15 pick. Ballard is fascinated with collecting 2nd day draft picks. He will trade down again this year.

More of this **** again! 

coming at you muhammad ali GIF

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Doubt it with the caveat the I don't think it's on Ballard and Reich. It really can't be overstated how disruptive 12 giving up the pigskin habbit was/is/going to be.

I would agree with that but this team was playing better than this a month ago they responded well after Luck retired so not an excuse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

At this point it’s division win or go home. No wildcard. I will be pulling for a browns win tonight though over Buffalo.

Yeah...I agree that our wildcard chances are slim to none at this point.  The division will be the best route if they manage to get there.  

4 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I would agree with that but this team was playing better than this a month ago they responded well after Luck retired so not an excuse.

The Colts have wet the bed in all 3 games T.Y. has missed.  It’s more a factor of his availability than who is at quarterback in my opinion.  This is a different offense when T.Y. steps on the field.  Just his presence opens up everything. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Unfortunately, if TY is out the next few games, still TBD. I would say no. It’s tough to say that, but reality has set in after the last 2 weeks. I’m still rooting and still plan to attend both games here in Florida! Go Blue.

At this point we will get everyone back to late. I guess we just sit back and hopefully see this offense blossom when everyone is healthy come DEC. Maybe we see the playbook open up some and let this offense see what they can do. Having Jacoby back Sunday will help but unless jags completly crap the bed it’s going to be difficult to win. They have had two weeks to prepare and get Foles ready.  The WR group took a gigantic hit at the wrong time. If Desir doesn’t play Sunday that will be even worse with Foles having such a good deep ball. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

The Colts have wet the bed in all 3 games T.Y. has missed.  It’s more a factor of his availability than who is at quarterback in my opinion.  This is a different offense when T.Y. steps on the field.  Just his presence opens up everything. 

I agree.   Playing in 9 close games will usually end up with a 4-5 or 5-4 record like it has.   Win some, lose some.   We could have won or we could have lost every one of these games:

image.thumb.png.8a208fa13329a8a118659cf4caed4011.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I will disagree  some. I think the last two losses were because of Jacobys injury.  Both those games came down to Hoyers INT. I am comfortable in saying I think we win both pretty easily with Jacoby. If I remember right Campbell didn’t get hurt until the 4th quarter bur pretty much didn’t do much after Jacoby left the game.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

At this point we will get everyone back to late. I guess we just sit back and hopefully see this offense blossom when everyone is healthy come DEC. Maybe we see the playbook open up some and let this offense see what they can do. Having Jacoby back Sunday will help but unless jags completly crap the bed it’s going to be difficult to win. They have had two weeks to prepare and get Foles ready.  The WR group took a gigantic hit at the wrong time. If Desir doesn’t play Sunday that will be even worse with Foles having such a good deep ball. 

Are you saying we won't see Hilton and Funchess for the Houston game?

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I will disagree  some. I think the last two losses were because of Jacobys injury.  Both those games came down to Hoyers INT. I am comfortable in saying I think we win both pretty easily with Jacoby.

I think Hoyer would have been more successful with T.Y. in the line up but agree that Jacoby is the much better option. 

I think we will get a good feel on how well the Colts look with Jacoby and no T.Y. this week against the Jags.  The only other game when that occurred this season was the Raiders game and the Colts were disappointing in defeat.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It won’t matter if we lose to the jags. 

I don't get you reasoning.   If we lose to the Jags we will most likely be 1 game behind the Texans (I think the Ravens beat them this week).  Then we play the Texans which is the "real" season deciding game.  Lose to the Jags and beat the Texans and we have the division lead in sight.  The Titans end the season with Raisers, Texans, Saints, Texans.   This Jags game is big, but not a deal breaker if Hilton and Funchess are back.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Next two will tell the season but I’m leaning coming up short. That Steelers game was a crushing loss.

Yes it was.  I was very upset after that game partially because I just despise losing to the Steelers but also because I recognized how big of a missed opportunity that was and the potential negative implications down the road. 

21 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

To be fair I think we would of been just fine in Pittsburgh without Jacoby getting injured. Campbell didn’t get hurt until the 4th quarter but once hoyer came in he was ineffective if I remember. Reich actually had a good game plan with lots of variety before Jacoby went down.

Reich has got to get more imagination into this offense. It’s way to predictable with no variety.  A lot of that though is because hoyer was in. 

9 minutes ago, Myles said:

I don't get you reasoning.   If we lose to the Jags we will most likely be 1 game behind the Texans (I think the Ravens beat them this week).  Then we play the Texans which is the "real" season deciding game.  Lose to the Jags and beat the Texans and we have the division lead in sight.  The Titans end the season with Raisers, Texans, Saints, Texans.   This Jags game is big, but not a deal breaker if Hilton and Funchess are back.

By losing to the jags that puts us behind the jags in the standings. 

38 minutes ago, Myles said:

I say no because the Steelers and Raiders have the tie-breaker over us.  

But I'd give the team a 30% shot.  

I'm with you.

I find it hard to believe we will beat Houston in their house this year.  They are dangerous and i havent seen us out up the points needed for a score-fest.

Even with Houstons schedule, i dont have the confidence we can get the division.  

Jax and Tennessee will be TOUGH i think and, once again i dont have much confidence in us putting up enuff points every week to the end.

The way we play offense, rely on our defense,  coupled with kicking inconsistency does not spell success as we have seen.  

I havent given up, but our inconsistency , along with being on the short end of tie breakers (Pitt/Oak/Sd/Mia(haha)) leaves us in a "need help" scenario.

Similar to last year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

To be fair I think we would of been just fine in Pittsburgh without Jacoby getting injured. Campbell didn’t get hurt until the 4th quarter but once hoyer came in he was ineffective if I remember. Reich actually had a good game plan with lots of variety before Jacoby went down.

Reich has got to get more imagination into this offense. It’s way to predictable with no variety.  A lot of that though is because hoyer was in. 

I don’t think Hoyer was horrible in that Pittsburgh game.  Despite the pick six, he got us in position at the end of the game to still win it.  Special teams & Adam Vinatieri were the reasons why that did not occur.  It was a horrible performance by our kicking unit.  Maybe Jacoby would have had us out to a more comfortable lead at some point. Probably not because all of our games this season wind up being close.  But if it came down to our special teams to secure the win it’s likely that the outcome would not have been much different.  Guess we will never know.  

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I don’t think Hoyer was horrible in that Pittsburgh game.  Despite the pick six, he got us in position at the end of the game to still win it.  Special teams & Adam Vinatieri were the reasons why that did not occur.  Maybe Jacoby would have had us out to a more comfortable lead at some point. Probably not because all of our games have been decided by one score.  But if it came down to our special teams to secure the win it’s likely that the outcome would not have been much different.  It was a horrible performance by our kicking unit.  Guess we will never know.  

We wouldn’t of needed hoyer to give us a chance if he hadn’t thrown the INT. Like I said once he came  In I think Campbell disappears because the playbook got shut down.

• Like 1

If the Colts get “hot”, the playoffs are definitely in reach. The next three games will tell much of the tale this year. As someone mentioned, they could  be in first place next week.

All of the self-inflicted wounds are correctable. That includes turnovers, dropped passes, penalties, missed assignments, bad play calling, bad throws and bad kicks. 
     There are some important players out, that may return soon. In the meantime, some players are getting experience and the team is at least, building depth.

Playoffs? Maybe, maybe not. Could go either way but this team certainly has the potential to get there. 

• Like 2