Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you think the Colts Make the Playoffs?

Coltsman1788

Will the Colts Make the Playoffs?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Currently at 5-4, Do you think the Colts make the playoffs this season?

• Yes...the Colts will respond...I believe in Ballard & Reich.
    • Playoffs...playoffs? Don’t talk to me about playoffs!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/17/2019 at 05:00 PM

23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

By losing to the jags that puts us behind the jags in the standings. 

Yes, but with another game against the Jags to end the season.   The division is well within reach.   We are literally 1 game out.   

1 minute ago, coltsfeva said:

If the Colts get “hot”, the playoffs are definitely in reach. The next three games will tell much of the tale this year. As someone mentioned, they could  be in first place next week.

All of the self-inflicted wounds are correctable. That includes turnovers, dropped passes, penalties, missed assignments, bad play calling, bad throws and bad kicks. 
     There are some important players out, that may return soon. In the meantime, some players are getting experience and the team is at least, building depth.

Playoffs? Maybe, maybe not. Could go either way but this team certainly has the potential to get there. 

Players who’s are out will return but probably to late. If we somehow pull the jags game off I will change my tune a little because I do think we might get DF and TY back for the Texans game then Campbell returns the week after.

Anyone know much about the jags secondary. So they have good players.

It's been a bad few weeks through what should have been an easier stretch in the schedule.  My confidence in this team is down, not going to lie,  but I'm not ready to give up on the idea of them being able to rally and respond.

The decisions recently have given me pause concerning the FO and coaching staff as well but I think it may be results based recency bias more than the cultural collapse it feels like.

I had so much confidence in what was being built over the last two years that, in spite of my "feelings", shouldnt I shouldnt allow the last few weeks to erase that.

The season could look a 180 degree difference 3 weeks from now than it has in the gloom of the last 3 weeks.

I predicted a jags victory in another thread but I still think the colts find a way to make it interesting down the stretch and leave us with some positives leading into next year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I sure don’t want to put the season on that one game when that team has given us fits over the years.

But your are putting the season on this game.

It's confusing.   While I don't like the Colts chances at the playoffs because of how they have played, I think it's silly to say it is over if we lose to the Jags this week and are still 1 game out of the division with 6 games left to play (1 against each division rival).   

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I just want to see that mean oline take over games like they did against the chiefs. The oline has been soft. Cox missed practice again today. If he doesn’t play that’s one less blocker. 

With JB back I think we will see mean and nasty. Nelson feels bad about JB's injury, look for him to have some pancakes again haha 

• Like 2

I think it’s more the coaching change. I think  Reich screwed up. The oline coach doesn’t motivate them.

The O.Line was great all season until JB got injured other than the Denver game but Denver has a very good front 4 + Von Miller. This game Sunday will show everyone a lot. The pressure is on that is for sure.

• Like 1

I say No especially with Hilton out. He is their only dependable weapon at WR so when he is out defenses don't respect the passing game and simply focus on shutting down Mack and our running game.

2020 needs to be an offseason where Ballard hits on getting at least 1 great WR prospect, a TE to replace Ebron, a quality 3 down RB who can stay healthy, and better talent at DT and CB. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To me Sunday is like a Playoff game, as a fan that is how I am approaching it. We need this win badly.

I just have a gut feeling Foles is going to fall flat on his face or underwhelm while everyone expects him to do well. He always played better as a backup, like when Alex Smith got hurt when he was backup Chiefs' QB in a game here in Indy, and then we know his story with the Eagles.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I just want to see that mean oline take over games like they did against the chiefs. The oline has been soft. Cox missed practice again today. If he doesn’t play that’s one less blocker. 

They really haven't.   They've played some good D-lines and teams who are stacking against the run.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I say No especially with Hilton out. He is their only dependable weapon at WR so when he is out defenses don't respect the passing game and simply focus on shutting down Mack and our running game.

2020 needs to be an offseason where Ballard hits on getting at least 1 great WR prospect, a TE to replace Ebron, a quality 3 down RB who can stay healthy, and better talent at DT and CB. 

A WR won’t matter because they will just get injured. That’s how it rolls with the colts and WR. If everything had stayed mostly healthy we had a pretty good group. Campbell hadn’t got injured in camp and two other injuries I think he would of been pretty special this year.

1 minute ago, Myles said:

They really haven't.   They've played some good D-lines and teams who are stacking against the run.  

Which means nothing changes Sunday because we have no WR.

A WR won’t matter because they will just get injured. That’s how it rolls with the colts and WR. If everything had stayed mostly healthy we had a pretty good group. Campbell hadn’t got injured in camp and two their injuries I think he would of been pretty special this year.

Which means nothing changes Sunday because we have no WR.

I think Pascal will come up big Sunday, he seems to have good chemistry with JB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Introspect said:

The organization is not interested in making the playoffs IMO. When you are playing with a kicker that has clearly lost it and are not seeking to upgrade. It borderline tanking if you ask me. This team wants a top 15 pick. Ballard is fascinated with collecting 2nd day draft picks. He will trade down again this year.

I love the moving of the goal posts... pun intended... lol

early in week- trolls in mass saying colts for sure going for a top 5 pick

reaction by many posters- ur clearly a troll and no one cares what u have to say

at this point in week- theyre tanking for a top 15!!!!

ytf would they tank for the 14th pick?

these same trolls had been arguing since Swagmatic got demoted to the PS that the colts were in the mid round purgatory with JB...

now we're tanking FOR that purgatory?

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahashahahahahahahah.... not laughing at the stupidity... actually... yes i am

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Pascal will come up big Sunday, he seems to have good chemistry with JB. 

Only if Reich schemes him right. 

I just don’t like what I am hearing from the players. I hear no emotion or anything. It’s like they don’t care anymore. I mean aren’t they embarrassed how they played Sunday. Where is the anger.

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I just have a gut feeling Foles is going to fall flat on his face or underwhelm while everyone expects him to do well. He always played better as a backup, like when Alex Smith got hurt when he was backup Chiefs' QB in a game here in Indy, and then we know his story with the Eagles.

Plus, Reich probably has a very good idea of the reads Foles likes to make, what he will do under pressure etc.

19 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I also have no confidence in Reich right now. I don’t trust him... They don’t seem to care so why should I.

If you stopped caring would you stop this nonsense?

If so... yes you should... you shouldn't care at all anymore... I mean they CLEARLY don't care... so no need to waste your time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Your posts are great and it fits your avatar with some of the stuff you say. Too funny lmao 

Im out of reactions so I wanted to make sure that i took the time to thank you for your words!

Mora was an OG... Im just trying to justify living in the shadow of this avatar lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoachSmok3 said:

Im out of reactions so I wanted to make sure that i took the time to thank you for your words!

Mora was an OG... Im just trying to justify living in the shadow of this avatar lol

Yeah Mora was great in the post game pressers and a decent coach too. He led us to a 13-3 season in 1999. When ever you post and I look at your avatar it reminds me of him haha . 

• Like 1

I think it all rests on the return of TY and the improved play of Adam.   First we need to break the TY jinx and win Sunday without him.  If we can do that and he returns against Houston then we have a great chance as our other key players; Funchess and Desir get healthy.  Then we need Adam to start making extra points and improve on his field goals.  If those things happen I think we can win the division but we need to start with a win Sunday.  I think the next two have become must wins if we are to have a real chance. 

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Mora was great in the post game pressers and a decent coach too. He led us to a 13-3 season in 1999. When ever you post and I look at your avatar it reminds me of him haha . 

Mora was the Colt's coach when I was first old enough to actually be a fan (and not just rooting cause dad was lol)... He's one of the main reasons I was sold that the Colts were whom I wanted to devote my football loyalty... (number two on that list- Edge... still got my "We got the Edge" sign)

Im a sucker for people that mockingly speak truth tho...

Same reason Allen Iverson will always be MY favorite BBall player...

Practice? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, colts8718 said:

Chargers, Pitt, Dolphin's (missed another comma here) all those missed KICKS (missed another comma here) and where(incorrect use of "where") to(incorrect use of "to") banged up. We still need a QB(some punctuation is missing... a few options were available here) actually too(incorrect use of "too") QB(missed making this plural since you said we needed 
"to")
. We still have many holes to fill 

its better to troll with something proof read... this is lacking effort

2 minutes ago, CoachSmok3 said:

Mora was the Colt's coach when I was first old enough to actually be a fan (and not just rooting cause dad was lol)... He's one of the main reasons I was sold that the Colts were whom I wanted to devote my football loyalty... (number two on that list- Edge... still got my "We got the Edge" sign)

Im a sucker for people that mockingly speak truth tho...

Same reason Allen Iverson will always be MY favorite BBall player...

Practice? 

Allen Iverson was a great basketball player. He deserves to be on the top 40 list of all-time IMO and we are talking out of 1000's of players. I liked Mora as a coach, Edge was great too. Polian taking Edge in the 99 draft was brilliant. 

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Allen Iverson was a great basketball player. He deserves to be on the top 40 list of all-time IMO and we are talking out of 1000's of players. I liked Mora as a coach, Edge was great too. Polian taking Edge in the 99 draft was brilliant. 

I was soo happy when we got Mack... my first reaction was, "FINALLY! We got our EDGE back!!!"

People always say the Colts lucked in to Peyton...

Talking heads pushed Ryan Leaf and then Rick Williams... Polian took Peyton and Edge... Colts weren't JUST LUCKY... they were also SMART

*And I def agree with AI... even with my own bias aside... dude should be, without question, on that list. 

6 minutes ago, CoachSmok3 said:

I was soo happy when we got Mack... my first reaction was, "FINALLY! We got our EDGE back!!!"

People always say the Colts lucked in to Peyton...

Talking heads pushed Ryan Leaf and then Rick Williams... Polian took Peyton and Edge... Colts weren't JUST LUCKY... they were also SMART

*And I def agree with AI... even with my own bias aside... dude should be, without question, on that list. 

Yeah regarding AI, he definitely belongs on the list of top 40 and we have had thousands of players. I have him top 40, JMO. I haven't done a list in a long time lmao . Oh yeah, taking Edge instead of Williams and taking Peyton over Leaf was huge for this franchise. Had we took Leaf, our team would probably be in London :funny:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, masterlock said:

I doubt it, but if they do, I see a first round exit. IMO, the Colts just aren't a dominant team. They haven't really looked playoff caliber in any of their wins, unless you count beating KC by 3 points in week 5. 

They looked good in the Texan game. That game wasn’t as close as it looked. But I agree unless something changes we are done.