Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wow we just lost to the dolphins......(merge)

needanoline63

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

I’m not surprised.  Called it actually...saw it coming a mile away.   Unfortunate that we lost.  But I was already numbed down after last week. 

I didn’t feel good either.  Especially the way everyone was saying no problem with half the offense out. I am more disappointed in Reich and how he can’t seem to game plan for bad teams. He dumbs things down.

• Like 1

Just now, CanuckColtsFan said:

Medlock has now played in 128 career CFL games over his eight-year career, and has a career field-goal percentage of 86.5. In his three seasons with Winnipeg, Medlock has connected on 158 of 185 field goals (85.4 per cent), and has missed only one convert, hitting on 140 of 141 attempts.

Did you see how well that KOO guy kicked for Atlanta today. 

43 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

We just lost to a 1-7 team. this team is beating itself. 3 Interceptions by Hoyer? Another missed XP by AV. We moved ball inconsistently, but failed to convert when we had some drives. Injuries hurt but this team should never lose to a 1-7 team.

So did the Saints!

45 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

This was embarrassingly bad. OL is supposed to be a strength for the team, but they've gotten pushed around 3 weeks in a row.  I have no idea what Hoyer was thinking at the end there, throwing to the end zone 3 times in a row when it wasn't even goal-to-go.  This was a brutal loss

They fired the Oline coach that did a great job last year  for reasons that in time became increasingly unclear.  A player complained about treatment but they came out and said it was unrelated and the players swore by him. Mudd quit  in a surprise move.  Who knows what's going on.  What is clear is that Braden Smith is nothing more than an average player at best and Glow is a castoff for reasons  becoming clear now. He isn't very good. Even Anthony has taken a step back. 

19 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

I’m asking this sincerely, recognizing it’s highly unlikely, but at what point would it be possible for the Colts to finish in a position where they trade up (without giving up a ridiculous bounty) to get a guy like Joe Burrow?

He’s the best prospect since Luck, and as much as I wanted to believe that a more complete team could be ultra-competitive (home field in playoffs), you cannot hit that level without a franchise QB.

We do not want to get stuck in purgatory where we’re constantly hovering around 8-8 and wasting mid-round picks on project QBs like Stanley from Iowa or Love.

Can’t believe I’m typing this, but it has to be discussed.  The offense is putrid.

ballard likes to trade down and get more lower picks, hope that is working for us

7 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

I think if you factor in the broncos Game ,maybe we aren't that good .

No we aren’t. We lack playmakers on both sides of the ball. No good team loses every game where an non QB doesn’t play. Everyone around here was comfortable sitting on the cap money instead of signing difference makers and stacking draft picks.  Any FA name you bring up ppl well tell you that a 4th round pick is too much to give up. Minkah Fitzpatrick for example. People believe everything Ballard does like he’s built multiple SB winners or something 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

They fired the Oline coach that did a great job last year  for reasons that in time became increasingly unclear.  A player complained about treatment but they came out and said it was unrelated and the players swore by him. 

Oline should of been able to dominate them. We had to many negative plays.

The entire team from top to bottom should be held accountable today. There are a lot of glaring holes still on the roster. And now it's getting worse as we need to add a kicker and potentially a qb next year. 

I'm starting to get worried that there's just too many problems for this team to have consistent success... Ballard can only do so much. 

Luck literally is not on our side. 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

No we aren’t. We lack playmakers on both sides of the ball. No good team loses every game where an non QB doesn’t play. Everyone around here was comfortable sitting on the cap money instead of signing difference makers and stacking draft picks.  Any FA name you bring up ppl well tell you that a 4th round pick is too much to give up. Minkah Fitzpatrick for example. People believe everything Ballard does like he’s built multiple SB winners or something 

We will be ok as long as hoyer gets back on the bench

• Like 1

Time to tell it like it is, Colts fans.

Just about everything we can possibly do badly, we did badly.

The 3rd string QB throws three interceptions, two of which were in our end of the field.  10 points off of those 2 int's.  13 points off of all int's.

Ebron was, well, Ebron.  The moment he flubbed the TD catch, we knew we were going to lose.  You could just hear the thththhhthhhh out of the balloon.  And on our first possession.

Vinatieri missed yet another extra point.  Changing the dynamic of the end game.  If your name isn't Vinatieri, you would have been gone long ago.  By the way, Vinatieri is Italian for "go for two".

It doesn't help that our top WR on the field was Zach Paschal.  Your passing game is gonna be bad without TY, Funchess, Campbell, or even Cain in the game at all.  By the way, that's 0-7 when TY doesn't play.

It also doesn't help when we get scr3wed by the officials again, and they blow the whistle before Leonard gets free to run for what would have been a game-winning TD.

On the positive side, the defense played very well.  Very, very well.  Well enough to win on their own.

Another statistic of note, we had three 1-7 teams win this week.  The overwhelming mojo was already in the air.

1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

Ballards first BIG mistake of his tenure with the Colts. Allowing Vinny to return to the team. He should have been shown the door after the sign he was done last season.

I hate to be Mr. 20/20 but I couldn't have been the only one  thinking that letting Badgley go was a big gamble for a 46 year old kicker.  I get the lockerroom thing  but I think the Colts and Ballard overhype that to the tilt.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

Honestly, not sure why this surprised anyone.  Whether Brissett or Hoyer, the Colts never push the ball down the field.  So more and more teams  are crowding the line of scrimmage to take away the run and short passes.  Take away TY and it makes it even worse.  I think had Brissett played the Colts would have likely won, but they will never be anything with these two QBs.  We can keep pretending Brissett is a franchise QB all we want, but he holds the ball too long, too cautious, and never stretches the defense.

Garbage team.