Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wow we just lost to the dolphins......(merge)

needanoline63

3 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

What talent??? This roster is lacking playmakers outside of ty. There’s a reason we’re like 0-7 when he doesn’t play. Yet we do nothing to address this problem. 

Ballard was GM of the year man. He’s got this. We don’t need more playmakers. We need more draft picks

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This sums up how bad Reich coached at the end.

Agree Mack should have been in the game and the 3 shots to the end zone were very ugly. The third one was a horrendous call as needing 10 yards on a short field is pretty tough. 

• Like 4

Well, as long as Hoyer is playing and Vinny keeps botching kicks the team will not win many, if any games.  

Hopefully JB is back by next week or at least play Kelly.  Hoyer looks like he's going to throw a pick or pick six on about 20-30% of his passes.  The guy has 4 INTs and 2 fumbles in two games against mediocre to very bad opponents.  Tack on Vinny not being reliable at all = perfect formula for losing.    

It's going to be incredibly brutal if we have to watch Hoyer play against Jacksonville. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I can’t see them making the playoffs if they can’t even beat the worst team in the league. With a good offensive minded head coach like Reich, we should have been able to do something on offense and generate more than 12 points.

I wasn’t able to watch the game live so I’ll wait and see if my judgment lightens up a bit on them after watching the game, but for now this year looks bleak. 

I hope we miss it now cause we wont win anything anyway get the best draft pick and upgrade the roster.

That was as poor a loss as I can remember for a long time. 

Just didn't seem to have confidence in Hoyer and that seemed to spread across the team. (from what I watched in highlights on sky UK). 

Let's hope Brissett is fit for the next game or it could be a very disappointing end to a hopeful season. 

Cmon Colts. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Well, as long as Hoyer is playing and Vinny keeps botching kicks the team will not win many, if any games.  

Hopefully JB is back by next week or at least play Kelly.  Hoyer looks like he's going to throw a pick or pick six on about 20-30% of his passes.  The guy has 4 INTs and 2 fumbles in two games against mediocre to very bad opponents.  Tack on Vinny not being reliable at all = perfect formula for losing.    

It's going to be incredibly brutal if we have to watch Hoyer play against Jacksonville. 

Hoyer doesn’t know what a check down is.

I’m asking this sincerely, recognizing it’s highly unlikely, but at what point would it be possible for the Colts to finish in a position where they trade up (without giving up a ridiculous bounty) to get a guy like Joe Burrow?

He’s the best prospect since Luck, and as much as I wanted to believe that a more complete team could be ultra-competitive (home field in playoffs), you cannot hit that level without a franchise QB.

We do not want to get stuck in purgatory where we’re constantly hovering around 8-8 and wasting mid-round picks on project QBs like Stanley from Iowa or Love.

Can’t believe I’m typing this, but it has to be discussed.  The offense is putrid.

2 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I hope we miss it now cause we wont win anything anyway get the best draft pick and upgrade the roster.

So at 5-4 you are rooting for them to lose?   We will get Brissett, Hilton, Funchess and Campbell back soon.  

SAD

WE ARE MISSING EXTRA POINTS!!!

Time to move on from an over the hill player...........  Vinny has GOT to go

What does he say to the kids that are playing their hearts out

Time to move on.....  

Our defense over all, played well enough to win

Lots a holes on the offense

• Like 1

I think we need to find another backup quarterback for Brissett. Hoyer was absolutely terrible today. I wasn't too thrilled when I heard the Colts signed him as Brissett's backup. The Colts didn't really have much to choose from anyway.

I couldn't understand the play calling at the end either. I couldn't figure out why Hoyer would throw the ball to a receiver who's double-covered. That makes no sense to me. Just get the first down! That's more important to keep the ball. 

Terrible game and I hope our better players are ready for next week's matchup against Jacksonville. Brissett should play next week. I hope to God he does. From what I understand, he practiced all week with the first team this week.

Honestly, not sure why this surprised anyone.  Whether Brissett or Hoyer, the Colts never push the ball down the field.  So more and more teams  are crowding the line of scrimmage to take away the run and short passes.  Take away TY and it makes it even worse.  I think had Brissett played the Colts would have likely won, but they will never be anything with these two QBs.  We can keep pretending Brissett is a franchise QB all we want, but he holds the ball too long, too cautious, and never stretches the defense.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

So at 5-4 you are rooting for them to lose?   We will get Brissett, Hilton, Funchess and Campbell back soon.  

We are done. Raiders have the wildcard and Steelers are leading. Who says they will even be back next week. Reich needs to take a long look at himself. In that raiders game the other night they used their oline when they got down in scoring position and used Jacobs’s who score. Mack should not be on the sideline.