Indianapolis Colts
needanoline63

Wow we just lost to the dolphins......(merge)

7 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

I agree, but him not playing today is not the reason we lost today.  The loss today is totally on the coaches and front office.  Just like the losses to inferior teams so far this season, we were totally unprepared, call it having this game in your pocket, automatic win, we are not good enough to do that, no matter what the press clippings say.

This team is not as close to taking the next big step, as our coaching staff, and GM would leave you to believe.

I don't think this team is as tight internally as we are being led to believe.  something is amiss.

I am not in that locker room but if anyone can get that crap straight maybe it is #7.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We wouldn’t of even been in that position if Jacoby plays.

Can I borrow your crystal ball? I can make a fortune on FanDuel

1 hour ago, ojsglove said:

JB not playing was not the reason we lost this game.

This is always how this was going to go...if MIA somehow won. Either Dolphins win and JB is the missing link...or Colts win and MIA sucks.

Colts have a lot more issues right now...than just QB. The OL has regressed and the running hasn't been there. The defense has played well...but now they have to start playing better offensees again.

And the schedule is about to get much more difficult. This is trending toward 8-8...unless they can these things worked out.

• Like 2

Gregg Doyle posted in his recap he asked Ebron about the drop and Ebron turned to his teammates and was cussing out Doyle. This team is a mess.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

Can I borrow your crystal ball? I can make a fortune on FanDuel

Come on. 13 dolphin points are from hoyer INT. Jacoby doesn’t throw those int and he also knows how to take a check down.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not in that locker room but if anyone can get that crap straight maybe it is #7.

I have seen enough on Instagram to know they are very tight. I mean Ebron and pascal drive to the game together. They are all laughing it up playing corn hole after practice Friday. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Gregg Doyle posted in his recap he asked Ebron about the drop and Ebron turned to his teammates and was cussing out Doyle. This team is a mess.

I thought you posted this team is tight???  wth????

We just need to get the offense healthy and try to salvage the season. At least go out on a positive note.  Reich has to stop cropping the bed with play calling.

2 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

This Has nothing to do with the team being tight. He turned to his team mates and cussed Doyle out.

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Is any one else saying it 

I don’t believe anything GD saysnonsense GIF by Jaz Dhami

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We just need to get the offense healthy and try to salvage the season. At least go out on a positive note.  Reich has to stop cropping the bed with play calling.

stop talking like there is one week left

shut it down 30 rock GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This Has nothing to do with the team being tight. He turned to his team mates and cussed Doyle out.

The fact GD asked that question shows that he is only in the business to get reads

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am watching Rush Hour 2 now haha , Simpsons will be next, time to log off and get my mind of this stuff. Take care Colts fans, see ya in a while. 

Watching the CFL playoffs

Games like this and this season does something great for the Colts. This team as put together was great in some areas and others not so much.

Meaning certain players was hiding areas of deep need. Now those players are unavailable on game day. These players where upgrades are needed badly are evident. The wide receiver group (everyone that played today needs to be replaced). The right guard upgrade needed. The QB situation please upgrade. Jacoby (even though he did not play) is good enough to have you drafting in the mid teens every year. The kicker draft one and have Vinnie train him.

25 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Is any one else saying it 

I don’t believe anything GD saysnonsense GIF by Jaz Dhami

He is supposed to write a column on what happened but yeah I get what your saying.

Just now, JR Indy said:

Games like this and this season does something great for the Colts. This team as put together was great in some areas and others not so much.

Meaning certain players was hiding areas of deep need. Now those players are unavailable on game day. These players where upgrades are needed badly are evident. The wide receiver group (everyone that played today needs to be replaced). The right guard upgrade needed. The QB situation please upgrade. Jacoby (even though he did not play) is good enough to have you drafting in the mid teens every year. The kicker draft one and have Vinnie train him.

Not sure they all need to be replaced. We just need WR to stay healthy.  Almost no teams can survive losing three WR.

7 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

So which one is it? Hoyer doesn't know what a check down is, or Frank Reich sucks? You're all over the place. Sleep on it. 

Both actually. They both suck

Do I get a refund?  I expected a professional game/attitude from my Colts (I don’t give a darn about the Dolfins). I love my Colts I’ve been blue before dirt was discovered.  I spend over $1500.00 for flights, lodgings, meals, taxi and incidentals to attend a game twice a year.  I know that isn’t very much but it adds up.  Now I’m not complaining about the cost but I at least expect a game.  As a former college player, coach/referee (Parks/Rec. yes from Tiny Tots to Sr. Citizens), volunteer at VB/BaskB camp I will not blame the players. I may not know the various X/O’s or technique but I’d like to think I know the game or sports in general...The players were ill prepared! I blame the coaches and GM. 

Ok that’s enough venting.  That was my second game of the season hope to see/meet up with other fans next season.  Oh the Cheerleaders were fine and I did enjoy the culinary experience.  Besides the game I did not care for the cold weather.  Lol!

• Like 1

When attending a game, never make it all about the game. If you do, you'll have a bad time approx 50% of the time.

I sold my tickets. If you were the one who bought them, thanks. And no, you are not getting a refund.

Pretty funny you guys bash me for saying I don't care for yesterday's game. Hope you enjoyed your 3 hours of "entertainment". Not only is it torture with Hoyer as QB, he can't even win the easiest game of the year. This is an 8-8 team now that has been destroyed by injuries.

11 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Which is a ridiculous take, fitting of someone who posts over 5 thousand times in 12 months

You sound like you are attacking her and not her message. What is it to you how many posts she has? 

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is not clear. Some, like myself, may have thought you meant that Ebron cussed out his teammate Jack Doyle. Now I believe you mean Greg Doyle. Are you saying he cussed Jack or Greg Doyle? That is why ojsglove asked:

7 hours ago, ojsglove said:

6 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The fact GD asked that question shows that he is only in the business to get reads

Well that's,  you know , kind of his job. 

Indianapolis Pretenders. They've certainly fooled me into thinking they are better than they really are. 

Colts record is 0-7 without TY. This plainly shows you have a massive WR problem. 

Was getting rid of Dave DeGugliemo as the offensive line coach the biggest mistake ever? How is the O-Line getting manhandled on a consistent basis all of the sudden? 

How can they not run the ball all of the sudden???? 

WHERE IS THE PASS RUSH?? It was the freaking Dolphins. Guess who their O-Line coach is? 

10 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

If you feel that 

good bye GIF
Because it is far from over 

Your smoking something if you think this team has a prayer playing down to opponents like this.

18 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Indianapolis Pretenders. They've certainly fooled me into thinking they are better than they really are. 

Colts record is 0-7 without TY. This plainly shows you have a massive WR problem. 

Was getting rid of Dave DeGugliemo as the offensive line coach the biggest mistake ever? How is the O-Line getting manhandled on a consistent basis all of the sudden? 

How can they not run the ball all of the sudden???? 

WHERE IS THE PASS RUSH?? It was the freaking Dolphins. Guess who their O-Line coach is? 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

OK....... Time for fresh perspective......

The team overall is better than I thought it would be without Luck, so this isnt written with the same level of "shy is falling"

This is a team that has a record that surpasses my expectations (Without Luck)

This team will probably win 8-9 games this year, and miss the playoffs with all the losses to other teams that will be in the wildcard race

We need upgrades at:

K

RG

WR

TE

DT

MAYBE QB

Players that need to GO or be put in a reserve role

Step ONE  Kicker -

AV Needs to go now........

Im sorry for AV apologists, we need to find a K with an accurate short game - 40 yards and in. This would be a HUGE improvement from where we are today. Forget long kickers (for now)

A message HAS to be sent..... If you dont perform...... 10 games counting the Chiefs game...... YOU GO AWAY

AV needs to walk in this morning and turn in his resignation.  

OR

Our coach needs to do the right thing and send him out

Cain played poorly...... he was cut

AV has played WORSE.......  

If I am AV, I want my Legacy to stay strong.......  Imagine paying big $$$ to a favorite rock group where the lead singer has lost his voice

The more that "singer" tries to hold on to past glory the more the legacy is tarnished. Concert after concert the fans who pay big $$$$$ are going to HATE that singer.....

This is the EXACT scenario here

AV.... you gotta go

Reich...... players will start to look at YOU, when you dont fix obvious issues

Step TWO - DT 

In the draft, or FA (We have the $$$$) We need some more talent on the interior DL

Step THREE  TE - Im tired of the whining by Ebron........  Too many drops to get another contract

Let him walk. We need another TE that can block and actually catch the ball. This offense NEEDS another TE.... We play shortball... that means a TE that can do both block and catch is very valuable

Step  FOUR  - RG / RT

IM a HUGE fan of Smith. He may need to go to RG, and we draft the LT for the future and plug them in at RT ...... for now. There is a reason that Glowinski was available.  He needs to be a sub for a starter. Smith needs help when there is a talented pass rusher across from him.

Let him use that strength to move DTs out of the way, vs trying to keep up with speed guys.

Step FIVE - WR 

To me, we need one WR here, that can make plays.  This position looks worse than it actually is as we have 3 WRs that were counted on to deliver this year. That werent available this game.

Step SIX - QB

JB is the man. He plays better than even I thought he would. BUT.... part of our problem with running is that no one really fears our passing game, and they commit more defenders to the box........   JB has to improve from where he is today.

The Hoyer choice seems like a bad one in retrospect. 0-9 when he gets the start.....

Still a Colts fan....... seen good teams and bad.

Im excited by our progress, but hope we take some steps forward

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He gave a TD away not to mention running a 6 yard pattern when the team needed 10

The ball was just bad placement and second that last play was all the play calling and hoyer fault.

4 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

OK....... Time for fresh perspective......

The team overall is better than I thought it would be without Luck, so this isnt written with the same level of "shy is falling"

This is a team that has a record that surpasses my expectations (Without Luck)

This team will probably win 8-9 games this year, and miss the playoffs with all the losses to other teams that will be in the wildcard race

We need upgrades at:

RG

WR

TE

DT

MAYBE QB

Players that need to GO or be put in a reserve role

Step ONE  Kicker -

AV Needs to go now........

Im sorry for AV apologists, we need to find a K with an accurate short game - 40 yards and in. This would be a HUGE improvement from where we are today. Forget long kickers (for now)

A message HAS to be sent..... If you dont perform...... 10 games counting the Chiefs game...... YOU GO AWAY

AV needs to walk in this morning and turn in his resignation.  

OR

Our coach needs to do the right thing and send him out

Cain played poorly...... he was cut

AV has played WORSE.......  

Step TWO - DT 

In the draft, or FA (We have the $$$$) We need some more talent on the interior DL

Step THREE  TE - Im tired of the whining by Ebron........  Too many drops to get another contract

Let him walk. We need another TE that can block and actually catch the ball. This offense NEEDS another TE.... We play shortball... that means a TE that can do both block and catch is very valuable

Step  FOUR  - RG / RT

IM a HUGE fan of Smith. He may need to go to RG, and we draft the LT for the future and plug them in at RT ...... for now. There is a reason that Glowinski was available.  He needs to be a sub for a starter. Smith needs help when there is a talented pass rusher across from him.

Let him use that strength to move DTs out of the way, vs trying to keep up with speed guys.

Step FIVE - WR 

To me, we need one WR here, that can make plays.  This position looks worse than it actually is as we have 3 WRs that were counted on to deliver this year. That werent available this game.

Step SIX - QB

JB is the man. He plays better than even I thought he would. BUT.... part of our problem with running is that no one really fears our passing game, and they commit more defenders to the box........   JB has to improve from where he is today.

The Hoyer choice seems like a bad one in retrospect. 0-9 when he gets the start.....

Still a Colts fan....... seen good teams and bad.

Im excited by our progress, but hope we take some steps forward

Nice post Mike.

My expectations without Luck were 6-10 and I believe the Colts will exceed that. 

Even with Luck, I didn’t believe this would have been the “year”. 

Losing Brissett didn’t help the past two weeks, not to mention the WR mess and AV’s decline.

The 5-2 record kinda deceived everyone, including me, but every game has been determined by seven points or less. The Colts have been fortunate with not a lot margin for error. The last two weeks finally caught up to the Colts.

It is what it is, and no reason for fans to lose their minds and think they have all the answers and Ballard doesn’t.

Cheers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

Well that's,  you know , kind of his job. 

He has a bad history of “crying wolf” to just to get reads and not actually providing believable 

I asked @Chloe6124 if anyone else was reporting this

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Your smoking something if you think this team has a prayer playing down to opponents like this.

It is being a positive person and fan

I am not a chicken little person

Playoffs?! Playoffs?!. don't think so. Pathetic effort; one thing to lose to Pats, but to sad sack Dolphins; is a disgrace. Adam, please leave on the next bus out of Indy.

When does Ballard get held accountable for his culture nonsense. The culture, that Ballard has created, just lost to a tanking team. 

33 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

The ball was just bad placement and second that last play was all the play calling and hoyer fault.

did you read the corresponding post because I was not giving my opinion but providing reasons why others are attacking EE

This is a defining moment for this team. Will they mail it in or keep fighting. If they mail it in there are going to be a lot of players without jobs next year.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is a defining moment for this team. Will they mail it in or keep fighting. If they mail it in there are going to be a lot of players without jobs next year.

I hate the Jax matchup next week. Depending on our WR situation we could get shutout potentially.