Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wow we just lost to the dolphins......(merge)

needanoline63

8 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Lmao, were a few missed field goals away from potentially being 7-2 or even 8-1, every single game we have played we have had a chance to win except the Raiders. One loss with key players out and the cliff jumping happening here is comical.

It’s over for this year. Steelers and raiders are now ahead of us. 

• Sad 1

A lot of Reich hate in this thread...25 other head coaches in the league would be 2-7 or worse with this roster...that said, he needed to step up and say "Brian, if you throw one more fade in the end zone, you're unemployed tomorrow...you suck at all touch throws and that's not what this offense is built on"

Plus, i've been slow to take on this opinion, but Vinny is done...even the kicks he makes are sidewinders that clearly aren't struck like an NFL kicker, like he's a golfer punching out of the trees...I'd take Carly Lloyd happily right now

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

Time to tell it like it is, Colts fans.

Just about everything we can possibly do badly, we did badly.

The 3rd string QB throws three interceptions, two of which were in our end of the field.  10 points off of those 2 int's.  13 points off of all int's.

Ebron was, well, Ebron.  The moment he flubbed the TD catch, we knew we were going to lose.  You could just hear the thththhhthhhh out of the balloon.  And on our first possession.

Vinatieri missed yet another extra point.  Changing the dynamic of the end game.  If your name isn't Vinatieri, you would have been gone long ago.  By the way, Vinatieri is Italian for "go for two".

It doesn't help that our top WR on the field was Zach Paschal.  Your passing game is gonna be bad without TY, Funchess, Campbell, or even Cain in the game at all.  By the way, that's 0-7 when TY doesn't play.

It also doesn't help when we get scr3wed by the officials again, and they blow the whistle before Leonard gets free to run for what would have been a game-winning TD.

On the positive side, the defense played very well.  Very, very well.  Well enough to win on their own.

Another statistic of note, we had three 1-7 teams win this week.  The overwhelming mojo was already in the air.

First of all , they stop plays like that to protect the players. We won the Houston game on a call that went against Watson much worse than that one.You win some and you lose some.

Secondly we scored a TD shortly after Leonard made the Int. Unless you are saying that AV would have made the extra point if he kicked it 2-3 minutes early ?

So much bad today and this week.

Offense

1) Reich doesn't give Hoyer 1st team reps this week

2) Reich's game plan is to NOT run the D ball in the first half vs one of the worst rush Ds in the league... (probably the biggest bone headed move this week)

3) Reich calls several early read deep shots with 2 of our speed/deep threats injured and out, and after you waive the guy known for being a deep threat, and only one 4.4 guys left who's a RB... 

4) Reich calls very little of the same plays we've been successful at (clear out and drag, hitches, rubs, etc.). Calls very little of the same plays Hoyer did well last game.

5) Reich calls time outs at the end of the half, which could possible help Miami... Then when our D gets the stop, we do take a knee.

6) Reich sells out at the end with max protect and sends only two WRs giving Hoyer very little options when a first down is all that's needed.

7) Reich calling plays Hoyer has been historically bad at, instead of the easy fast stuff he serves up to JB.

8) Most play calling was simply bad or predictable, making us very predictable on late downs.

9) To all those who liked the Hoyer signing given his career 48/30 TD/INT ratio... How's all that "professionalism" and "mentoring" working out for you.... 

Defense

1) Only 3 sacks vs one of the worst OLs in the league. WTH Flus?

2) Why play call to the run so much, when their running game is among the worst in the league. 

STs

1) Time to move on from AV. He cost us at minimum an attempt at an easy game tying FG. That's 3 games with huge impacts. 

• Like 1

Losing to the Dolphins is no big deal.  The JB haters got to see a "real" QB that goes through his progressions so quickly and makes our offense more explosive...  :censored:. What a joke.  Y'all got what you wanted. A gunslinger who's just as likely to throw the game away than go win it because he doesn't know how to manage a game...  And oh yeah he doesn't go through progressions. He decides where he's going pre snap & just throws it...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

One of these years he will figure out that quality is better than quantity.

Ballard's draft strategy is correct for building up a very bad team quickly, but breaks down when when you reach an above-average team. Then you just start replacing average-plus players with other average-plus players and have a team with a 8-8 to 10-6 record forever...which is where a fully healthy Colts team is with Brissett.

Exactly.  

51 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Jacoby has such a calming influence in this offense. I really want him back next week. But in reality I am done with this team. 

If you’re really “done with this team”, why the heck are you still here and posting? 

20 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

One of these years he will figure out that quality is better than quantity.

Ballard's draft strategy is correct for building up a very bad team quickly, but breaks down when when you reach an above-average team. Then you just start replacing average-plus players with other average-plus players and have a team with a 8-8 to 10-6 record forever...which is where a fully healthy Colts team is with Brissett.

i hope he figures it out soon

JB was 80% so he took its of the reps in practice. Then Reich says nope you can’t play. Reich has been making some stupid decisions.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

The first half was pass heavy vs one of the worst rushing Ds in the league.

You think Hoyer was calling his own plays? LOL.. 

At what point do you tell him just run the ball. We ran it well the second half.

1 hour ago, lennymoore24 said:

Honestly, not sure why this surprised anyone.  Whether Brissett or Hoyer, the Colts never push the ball down the field.  So more and more teams  are crowding the line of scrimmage to take away the run and short passes.  Take away TY and it makes it even worse.  I think had Brissett played the Colts would have likely won, but they will never be anything with these two QBs.  We can keep pretending Brissett is a franchise QB all we want, but he holds the ball too long, too cautious, and never stretches the defense.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. I'm interested to see how Ballard addresses the offseason.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

JB was 80% so he took its of the reps in practice. Then Reich says nope you can’t play. Reich has been making some stupid decisions.

At what point do you tell him just run the ball. We ran it well the second half.

I agree Reich made some very bad decisions all week long. I can understand the 1st series (throwing it a little more to keep them off guard), but beyond that, we should have been run heavy the rest of the 1st half. Second half was too late. And even then, the play calling was crap.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

So much bad today and this week.

Offense

1) Reich doesn't give Hoyer 1st team reps this week

2) Reich's game plan is to NOT run the D ball in the first half vs one of the worst rush Ds in the league... (probably the biggest bone headed move this week)

3) Reich calls several early read deep shots with 2 of our speed/deep threats injured and out, and after you waive the guy known for being a deep threat, and only one 4.4 guys left who's a RB... 

4) Reich calls very little of the same plays we've been successful at (clear out and drag, hitches, rubs, etc.). Calls very little of the same plays Hoyer did well last game.

5) Reich calls time outs at the end of the half, which could possible help Miami... Then when our D gets the stop, we do take a knee.

6) Reich sells out at the end with max protect and sends only two WRs giving Hoyer very little options when a first down is all that's needed.

7) Reich calling plays Hoyer has been historically bad at, instead of the easy fast stuff he serves up to JB.

8) Most play calling was simply bad or predictable, making us very predictable on late downs.

9) To all those who liked the Hoyer signing given his career 48/30 TD/INT ratio... How's all that "professionalism" and "mentoring" working out for you.... 

Defense

1) Only 3 sacks vs one of the worst OLs in the league. WTH Flus?

2) Why play call to the run so much, when their running game is among the worst in the league. 

STs

1) Time to move on from AV. He cost us at minimum an attempt at an easy game tying FG. That's 3 games with huge impacts. 

That summed it up perfectly. One of Reichs strengths is he puts players into position to succeed. He did none none of that today. The game should of been simplified for hoyer instead of him throwing it all over the field when all our WR are out.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Jacoby has such a calming influence in this offense. I really want him back next week. But in reality I am done with this team. 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Could TY just dress for the next game, play one play! That way we are not guaranteed to not lose a game that he doesn’t play in! Ughhh. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I agree Reich made some very bad decisions all week long. I can understand the 1st series (throwing it a little more to keep them off guard), but beyond that, we should have been run heavy the rest of the 1st half. Second half was too late. And even then, the play calling was crap.

This was embarrassing.

36 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Lmao, were a few missed field goals away from potentially being 7-2 or even 8-1, every single game we have played we have had a chance to win except the Raiders. One loss with key players out and the cliff jumping happening here is comical.

However, like u said we could b 8 and 1 and yet we r not because!?!?? Every game we play is decided by 7 points or less.....yet!??!?  Oh yes, the front office refuses to even bring in a kicker.  That's negligent.  These guys r playing their butts of and possibly 3 losses mayb attributed to your kicker. That's inexcusable and that is on Ballard.  He continues to get a free pass yet I have not been impressed with him at all this year.

1 minute ago, Basilmi said:

I don’t understand the allure of draft picks. Look how the Steelers upgraded their D by trading for a young proven dB. Draft picks are incredibly overrated. 

It's the Ballard way and as U know anything he does cannot b questioned!!!! As people on this board have pointed out on more than  one occassion.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That summed it up perfectly. One of Reichs strengths is he puts players into position to succeed. He did none none of that today. The game should of been simplified for hoyer instead of him throwing it all over the field when all our WR are out.

I was expecting pretty much the opposite of what I saw today. Reich was just plain bad this week. I give him 80-90% of the blame for this loss.

• Like 1