Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wow we just lost to the dolphins......(merge)

needanoline63

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He did screw up sitting Jacoby. At 80% he should of played and he thought  it was the dolphins and they could win.

I hope seeing Funchess sitting on the bench means he is close to coming back.

Unless it is a meaningful game(playoff) you do not play a qb like JB(mobile) unless he is 100% if the injury he is recovering from is a lower body one

Just now, ojsglove said:

JB not playing was not the reason we lost this game.

Hoyer threw three picks today and the Dolphins got 13 points off them.  The one thing Jacoby does really well is not turn the ball over.  Jacoby playing probably would have made a difference.

with that said if he wasn’t healthy enough to play he wasn’t healthy enough to play.  

I do question the logic of giving Jacoby almost all the reps in practice this week if he was so questionable.

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Hoyer threw three picks today and the Dolphins got 13 points off them.  The one thing Jacoby does really well is not turn the ball over.  Jacoby playing probably would have made a difference.

with that said if he wasn’t healthy enough to play he wasn’t healthy enough to play.  

I do question the logic of giving Jacoby almost all the reps in practice this week if he was so questionable.

There was a hope he could play

That all you got??  Instead of being down a FG, we had to go for a TD in the closing seconds, but then again, we would have to depend on AV again,  not a real good option.  Actually, a perfect game to get our backup QB to our backup QB, to see what he is made of?

12 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

Does JB kick PAT"S ?

And yes, I am talking to You

No question Adam deserves blame too.  More than one person can be to blame.  However you don’t win very often with three turnovers.  Jacoby doesn’t turn the ball over, they had seven all year before last week.  They have had six in the last two weeks including three today.  Five of those turnovers are on Hoyer including all three today.  The Dolphins got 13 of their 16 points off them.  If you don’t think the Colts having their starting QB who doesn’t turn the ball over would have a made difference I can’t help you.

1 minute ago, ojsglove said:

That all you got??  Instead of being down a FG, we had to go for a TD in the closing seconds, but then again, we would have to depend on AV again,  not a real good option.  Actually, a perfect game to get our backup QB to our backup QB, to see what he is made of?

We would've never been in that situation with JB at QB. He wouldn't of thrown 3 INT's and we would've been up by at least 7 points with him if not more. 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

No question Adam deserves blame too.  More than one person can to be to blame.  However you don’t win very often with three turnovers.  Jacoby doesn’t turn the ball over, they had seven all year before last week.  They have had six in the last two weeks including three today.  The Dolphins got 13 of their 16 points off them.  If you don’t have think the Colts having their starting QB who doesn’t turn the ball over would have a made difference I can’t help you.

My only response is how much are we paying Hoyer?  I know, we could have a proven WR playing for us instead???

3 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

My only response is how much are we paying Hoyer?  I know, we could have a proven WR playing for us instead???

There is no question Hoyer didn’t play up to his contract today. That’s why people are saying that his play was an issue.  

Given Jacoby’s past it’s a reasonable guess that he wouldn’t have struggled with as many turnovers.

• Like 1

Ok, I watched the game now, can't even put my finger on how we lost, other than Hoyer sucks. Running game was good enough today to win. Two  observations, the dline isn't nearly as aggressive as it was last year, a lot of snaps they just stand there and kind of dance with the olinemen. Not much stunting like last year or quick penetration, they are still bottling up a lot of runs though. Overall great defense today. Second, on that last play to Ebron, Pascal was wide open coming across the fiels and the dolphins had 2 guys on Doyle and 2 guys on Ebron in the middle of the field, flip that ball to Pascal and he scores easily, no dolphin could have recovered and beat Pascal to the first down line let alone the goal line. Thanks again Hoyer !

• Like 1

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

He gave a TD away not to mention running a 6 yard pattern when the team needed 10

I think that was the wrong call.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I go down in flames with my posts, I want to go down with my QB. That is Jacoby Brissett. If he comes back next week, I fully expect us to win and every game is like a playoff game now. I trust #7, fun times ahead :thmup: . 5-2 with him so far, I trust him.

We need a WR or two to be ready for that game.

36 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

I wasn't a fan of the Hoyer signing ... but what "proven WR" that was available this past FA do you think we were getting for Hoyer's salary? (3/$12 mil)

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I go down in flames with my posts, I want to go down with my QB. That is Jacoby Brissett. If he comes back next week, I fully expect us to win and every game is like a playoff game now. I trust #7, fun times ahead :thmup: . 5-2 with him so far, I trust him.

I agree, but him not playing today is not the reason we lost today.  The loss today is totally on the coaches and front office.  Just like the losses to inferior teams so far this season, we were totally unprepared, call it having this game in your pocket, automatic win, we are not good enough to do that, no matter what the press clippings say.

This team is not as close to taking the next big step, as our coaching staff, and GM would leave you to believe.

I don't think this team is as tight internally as we are being led to believe.  something is amiss.

1 hour ago, ojsglove said:

We wouldn’t of even been in that position if Jacoby plays.

3 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

I agree, but him not playing today is not the reason we lost today.  The loss today is totally on the coaches and front office.  Just like the losses to inferior teams so far this season, we were totally unprepared, call it having this game in your pocket, automatic win, we are not good enough to do that, no matter what the press clippings say.

This team is not as close to taking the next big step, as our coaching staff, and GM would leave you to believe.

I don't think this team is as tight internally as we are being led to believe.  something is amiss.

I disagree about them not being tight internally. Following them all on Ig you can see they are. What happens now though do they fall apart or stick together.

4 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

This was the only bad loss

The other three were against teams that are/will figure into the playoff picture l. L

The something amiss is called injuries