Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Officiating

ColtsSouljah

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Officiating was really bad (that "penalty" on Okereke was egregious), but at the end of the day, the Colts didn't execute.  Bad officiating is gonna happen.  Good teams can overcome it with good execution

That's an okay argument but in a billion dollar business you shouldn't have to be expecting to overcome poor officiating. That is similar to blaming a assualt victim saying they should have taking some self defense classes. 

2 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

That's an okay argument but in a billion dollar business you shouldn't have to be expecting to overcome poor officiating. That is similar to blaming a assualt victim saying they should have taking some self defense classes. 

That is a terrible analogy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

That was beyond ridiculous.  I have not seen an officiating team mismanage a game that badly since BottleGate.

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Was bad but not as bad as the blocked extra point, the pick six, the gift field goal at the end of the half with a stupid penalty, and oh yeah the Colts “attempt” at the end of the game.

The refs combined to give the Steelers at least 6 points in field goals they wouldn't have gotten otherwise.  They were literally the difference in the game.  That's absolutely unacceptable.

This might be one of the most ridiculous analogies I've ever heard.  The NFL refs are human and will make mistakes.  Mistakes will happen to both sides.  Some bad calls went against the Steelers too.  At the end of the day, the refs weren't the reason the OL played poorly, or the defense couldn't make stops.  Edmunds averaged 6 yards a carry and our offense could hardly move the ball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

Not touching that with a 100 mile long pole.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

That is a terrible analogy

Except that it isn't.  The only point where it fails is that bad officiating is a proverbial act of God, you can't prepare for it or do anything to protect yourself from it and at the end of the day that makes it more like blaming people for getting struck by lightning out of a clear blue sky.

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

This might be one of the most ridiculous analogies I've ever heard.  The NFL refs are human and will make mistakes.  Mistakes will happen to both sides.  Some bad calls went against the Steelers too.  At the end of the day, the refs weren't the reason the OL played poorly, or the defense couldn't make stops.  Edmunds averaged 6 yards a carry and our offense could hardly move the ball.

Tell me how my analogy is wrong? If you cant accept being wrong. Move along.

A bad call gave the the opportunity for 3 points. What did the colts loose vt?

8 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Officiating was really bad (that "penalty" on Okereke was egregious), but at the end of the day, the Colts didn't execute.  Bad officiating is gonna happen.  Good teams can overcome it with good execution

They can sometimes.  

But you absolutely cannot beat NFL refereeing. The teams are too close to overcome game changing, egregious penalties.  

The refs are terrible and the rules are terrible.

1 minute ago, our_dbs_rock said:

Tell me how my analogy is wrong? If you cant accept being wrong. Move along.

Statement 1: The NFL refs are human and will make bad decisions, but a good NFL team can overcome that with good execution

Statement 2: A sexual assault survivor is at fault and should be taking self-defense classes

How do those two even remotely relate?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

They can sometimes.  

But you absolutely cannot beat NFL refereeing. The teams are too close to overcome game changing, egregious penalties.  

The refs are terrible and the rules are terrible.

Hoyer's pick 6 was not the refs' fault.  The defense giving up 6 yards a carry to Edmunds is not he refs' fault.  The OL not being able to block is not the refs' fault.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

Hoyer's pick 6 was not the refs' fault.  The defense giving up 6 yards a carry to Edmunds is not he refs' fault.  The OL not being able to block is not the refs' fault.

No NFL team plays perfect.  

The refs decide way to many games on phantom penalties.  

It's a problem.

2 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

No NFL team plays perfect.  

The refs decide way to many games on phantom penalties.  

It's a problem.

It’s a problem but not one teams can do anything about so teams ignore it and focus on what they can control.  There was plenty from today’s game that the Colts can control and I’d hope they focus on that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Statement 1: The NFL refs are human and will make bad decisions, but a good NFL team can overcome that with good execution

Statement 2: A sexual assault survivor is at fault and should be taking self-defense classes

How do those two even remotely relate?

First. How was it human error when a flag was thrown incredibly late after fans and the team was calling for it?

Second. Your saying the colts put themselves into the situation by playing bad and even though officiating was bad it's their fault for not do doing better in that situation. Which is the same as saying the person who was assaulted put themselves in that situation for not better preparing for that situation. 

Third. Where did I ever say sexual? Your trying to flame the situation even more for being wrong. Maybe you should ban yourself.

First. How was it human error when a flag was thrown incredibly late after fans and the team was calling for it?

Second. Your saying the colts put themselves into the situation by playing bad and even though officiating was bad it's their fault for not do doing better in that situation. Which is the same as saying the person who was assaulted put themselves in that situation for not better preparing for that situation. 

Third. Where did I ever say sexual? Your trying to flame the situation even more for being wrong. Maybe you should ban yourself.

Time to get back to Football!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, our_dbs_rock said:

plz-stop-post.jpg

• Thanks 2

The OL not being able to block is not the refs' fault

That was mostly on the fact that Pittsburgh figured out Hoyer was a statue. Not knocking his overall play, but he is immobile and the D knew it and pinned their ears back.

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

But nobody will. I agree with you though.

Idk. I've gotten closer every season.  

Used to watch just about every NFL game.  

Now I follow the Colts on my app and this forum.  

Idk how much longer I can even do that.  

There's gotta be plenty of others.  

I love the Colts, but the NFL just isn't entertaining anymore.

17 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

In response to your first point, it's human error because the refs think they see something when it didn't necessarily happen that way.  The refs think they see a late hit or an unnecessary roughness penalty, but that's not really what happened.  That's the definition of human error.

Second point, a football game and assault are two very different things.  I drew no correlations between the two, and never intended to.  All I'm saying is that while the officiating was bad, the Colts didn't perform well.  Had the Colts executed well with good OL play and the defense making more stops, they could have won, regardless of the refs.

Third, my mistake.  I misinterpreted and thought you said sexual assault, but I was wrong on that, so that's my fault.  But the two above points still stand and your analogy makes 0 sense in this context

Just now, ricker182 said:

Idk. I've gotten closer every season.  

Used to watch just about every NFL game.  

Now I follow the Colts on my app and this forum.  

Idk how much longer I can even do that.  

There's gotta be plenty of others.  

I love the Colts, but the NFL just isn't entertaining anymore.

It really is frustrating. I also followed the league as a whole years ago, but now I'm down to basically our game each week.

The officiating is a problem though. 

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Was bad but not as bad as the blocked extra point, the pick six, the gift field goal at the end of the half with a stupid penalty, and oh yeah the Colts “attempt” at the end of the game.

The field goal before the half on the first of two horrible calls on leonard.

30 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

In response to your first point, it's human error because the refs think they see something when it didn't necessarily happen that way.  The refs think they see a late hit or an unnecessary roughness penalty, but that's not really what happened.  That's the definition of human error.

Second point, a football game and assault are two very different things.  I drew no correlations between the two, and never intended to.  All I'm saying is that while the officiating was bad, the Colts didn't perform well.  Had the Colts executed well with good OL play and the defense making more stops, they could have won, regardless of the refs.

Third, my mistake.  I misinterpreted and thought you said sexual assault, but I was wrong on that, so that's my fault.  But the two above points still stand and your analogy makes 0 sense in this context

Excuses.

42 minutes ago, FRW said:

The OL not being able to block is not the refs' fault

That was mostly on the fact that Pittsburgh figured out Hoyer was a statue. Not knocking his overall play, but he is immobile and the D knew it and pinned their ears back.

O-line was bad today be we overcame that part the refs the drops and turnovers cost us this game.

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

The field goal before the half on the first of two horrible calls on leonard.

Excuses.

Leonard hit him in the head.  Honestly I was shocked he didn’t get flagged the play before that for hitting the Steelers QB while he was sliding.  Still you are 100% right about the second call.  I’d say it was the worst call I had seen all year if they hadn’t flagged our linebacker for tackling later in the game.

• Like 1